Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I like this and am ready for whatever crazy train ride it takes me on

The only thing that annoyed me about it so far is that it took the MC two deaths to figure out what was going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dessel posted:

This show feels intriguing. It's kinda scratching my time traveling Steins;Gate-like itch.

Idk why you would spoil something that's covered in the OP and also happened last week

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

So puck dropped what I think is an interesting bombshell: Puck stated he can read Subaru's mind. and doesn't seem to ask any questions.

The way Puck just listed off emotions makes me think it's more of an impressions thing than straight lifting out knowledge and thoughts

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

I really hope this series isn't going to be just 3 episode arcs of him getting in a new situation and getting murdered, then trying to fix the problem before dying again, and then having him solve the problem.

I do

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I love that this episode addressed like 90% of the speculation/argumentative posts from the last two weeks

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Genocyber posted:

This show is one of the best I've seen in a while that works in ending credits very well. That and its' willingness to cut the OP are something you rarely see.

That was fast

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Argas posted:

Too soon.

So what the hell is there left to do now? There's a cult related to the witches. They're obviously kill-on-sight bad guys. There's such a thing as a witch's scent that some people can sense. Yet nobody but the sisters have commented on Subaru's smell. And given the time constraints, I don't think training super hard will lead to anything.

I think last cycle he had just short of a week before he got to the mansion and poo poo was hosed? He had a couple days of training and then they traveled for something like two days.

His best option is to somehow notify the people that beetle juice is about to make a move.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

PerrineClostermann posted:

What's with that background? I don't see anything like that at all.

I think I turned off adblock for crunchyroll way back when because it kept messing up the video player

so i get to see their big old background ads for shows now

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Oh right, that whale mist thing from a couple cycles ago

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

congratulations on managing to approach each candidate with a pitch uniquely calibrated to piss them off based on their respective personalities

I wanted to see if he'd run into Felt somehow before he left on his way to get ganked, but no dice :(

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Idk how things are pacing out right now, but I'm gonna be PISSED if the last episode is at the start of an arc instead of the end of one.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

poor Otto

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

LostRook posted:

Rem's room specifically changed to being unoccupied. That's more like reality itself warps.

You can't prove to me that Ram didn't clear out Rem's room on her own :colbert:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mindblast posted:

I'm wondering how far the anime will go and if they are prepared to follow the entire story or will make some sort of permanent anime-only ending at some point. I can't read the novels and by the time I'd have learned the language I'll have forgotten this existed.

e: Story talk: I hope the guy finds a way to cope at some point. It is understandable if he doesn't but I hope he grows and starts mastering the one advantage he has, rather than totally crumbles.

I think it's just going to be two seasons for now, which means we've got like 8ish episodes left

Hopefully that's just enough to wrap up the third arc, or the third arc is super short and we get some breather stuff. I'd be so mad if they just continue on partway through the fourth arc

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Genocyber posted:

They mean two cour.

oops yeah. I keep subbing season out for cour even if they're not the same

(it's because cour sounds dumb to me)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

that was fuckin' beautiful

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SweetBro posted:

Anyone else let out a massive sigh of relief when they saw Rem again?

no because the erased from all timelines theory was dumb

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

hi, perfect being who sailed right through life here. good episode

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Nahxela posted:

One thing that has me curious is that in the previous episodes, we established that if someone gets taken out by the White Whale, their existence is wiped from everyone's memory. We saw it happen with that merchant riding alongside Subaru, we saw it happen with Rem.

I'm wondering what the difference is between Wilhem's wife and others, where they were killed by the White Whale, but are still in clear memory. Indirect deaths vs. being eaten up by the whale? I don't know.

maybe so much collective memory that she couldn't be erased as easily? idk that bothered me too

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a kitten posted:

Hell yeah.

"Follow those two fools!"

Rem and Subaru are just the best team :3:

Erg fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 7, 2016

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Muffinlord posted:

Yeah, because it was so much more important that we watch an extra minute and a half of Subaru's lovely polytone alarm going off at full blast.

lol you don't know what mounting tension is

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Rem was magical this episode

"I'm the only one allowed to sniff Subaru"

"Thanks for the treat"

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

yes Grouchio, you are the only person who has read the books, ever, congrats

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Are they both by the same author, or is the LN someone else doing an adaptation for some reason

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Tei posted:

I can't care less about Emilia, and for that this ending is Meh.

i don't think you need to care about Emilia to be happy that Subaru is happy

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Tei posted:

The episodes where Subaru is happy and everything works are boring, imho. they did not manage to make "happy" interesting. They almost did it with "From zero".

The eps where Subaru finally gets to enjoy his hard fought victory are my favorites, actually. The push and pull between happiness and misery is important because having a series where Subaru dies 100% of the time and is in constant despair would be poo poo

Not that I'm saying him winning everything effortlessly is what I want, because then it's just SAO by another name

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Ehh nah, atleast not in the way of revealing any of the lost details. If there are any bluray extras/OVAs they will very most likely be about the happy go lucky carefree events inbetween the second and third arc to encourage selling puck and rem merchandise

good

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

they would have been stupid to end a show on a cliffhanger that doesn't have a second season.

the ending was fine and every post I read complaining about changes they made from the original almost always makes the animes version sound better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

like realize that you people are asking for another rokka ending and be ashamed

• Locked thread