Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I get the feeling this means Snydercut is gonna be April now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah it’s hosed up we don’t even have a trailer yet.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

What are the odds they have a finished trailer sitting in the can and just aren't releasing it for some no doubt genius reason?

Violator
May 15, 2003

I’d say Hollywood and theaters basically being shut down and the release date being in flux is a good reason not to release one up till now.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Gripweed posted:

Ebirah's kind of weird because it's a perfectly good stand alone adventure movie with largely unnecessary Godzilla.

It also has the line "I know ! Let's wake up Godzilla !" as a perfectly reasonable response to the situation the protagonists find themselves in. If that doesn't settle it for you I'm going to have to assume you're just fast forwarding past the parts that don't have a monster smashing something.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
We've seen more from Singular Point which is now coming after GvK :sigh:

At least that's going to be a good month of content.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Yeah it’s hosed up we don’t even have a trailer yet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Now I’m scared we’re gonna get a disappointing mess like GvKG

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They’re 3 for 3 at this point in monster masterpieces.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Vintersorg posted:

Vinylshadow posted:

Release in two months with zero pre-release material outside of toys...?

Man, and they wonder why the viewing numbers are so low - even Solo did more than this and that was a movie nobody asked for

These are major red flags. I'm hyped but this is giving off major vibes that the studio just wants to dump it and try to recover a few bucks. Outside of this thread no one knows the movie exists.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

At this point yeah the advertising either got completed botched due to the revolving dates and covid or this is going to be an aybsmal trainwreck and they won't want to show anything.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Reading Twitter threads about it and it's all "ew CG - Shin was so much better" "bring back the rubber suits that are owned by a completely different company" and "Hollywood ruins everything"

Something tells me these people aren't wearing masks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1350490248162242560?s=20

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I get the feeling this means Snydercut is gonna be April now.

I'm hoping this means they'll both be in March, people will watch them and decide they want to see Godzilla join the Justice League in a sequel to Zack Snyder's Justice League.

It's the crossover we all want.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Godzilla is (canonically) in the Marvel universe, unfortunately.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Godzilla is (canonically) in the Marvel universe, unfortunately.

Pre-crisis doesn't count.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

wdarkk posted:

Pre-crisis doesn't count.

There was no crisis in marvel, you faker!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

There was no crisis in marvel, you faker!

Secret Wars kinda was?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks we have.... less than a second of footage now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5HSGjg4FRg

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looks fun. Does anyone know what movie we are seeing at around eight seconds? Woman laying on a pillow in the foreground, something very large is moving behind her, where there appears to be a broken wall.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Space Jam

Violator
May 15, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Looks fun. Does anyone know what movie we are seeing at around eight seconds? Woman laying on a pillow in the foreground, something very large is moving behind her, where there appears to be a broken wall.

Could be the new Conjuring or Malignant?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

At least it's during the day, there's no rain storms, and you can see the monsters clearly. Good sign so far.

It's strange every screenshots and sliver of footage so far has been this two second sequence. All the way to last summer when there was a quarter second tease at some conference show. I guess Godzilla and Kong fist fighting on an aircraft carrier is as about metal as you can get so use that as much as you can?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The aircraft carrier fight is actually the entire third act of the movie, the fight goes on for 35 minutes.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

How many people demanding a trailer have also complained about trailers giving away too much? (Count me among them)

Going in blind for GvsKG is probably more interesting and easier since we are so close.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm just sad I won't be able to see this in a theater.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I'm anxiously hopeful that it'll be enjoyable! And I'm curious to see what's in the movie aside from the aircraft carrier fight.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Actually, I went back to the trade footage and holy poo poo. Unless there are multiple aircraft carrier fights then they completely changed everything so you can see the monsters much more clearly. I usually like dark and moody, but I really prefer kaiju movies to be during the day so you can see the action better like in Skull Island.

Old Footage: December 8, 2019
New Footage: January 16, 2021

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Godzilla got smaller if he can stand on an aircraft carrier.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jimbot posted:

Godzilla got smaller if he can stand on an aircraft carrier.

Or it's a big aircraft carrier meant to deal with Kaiju because Reasons

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vinylshadow posted:

Or it's a big aircraft carrier meant to deal with Kaiju because Reasons

I mean they already had a helicarrier in the previous movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oh gently caress thinking about the last movie reminded me of that West Wing guy character. God I hope he's not in Godzilla vs Kong. I hate that guy

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Where are those top screens from?

Violator
May 15, 2003

RBX posted:

Where are those top screens from?

It was originally from a WB conference show, I believe where they were showing a few seconds of footage per movie from their upcoming slate. I downloaded that cam footage off Reddit at the time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm just sad I won't be able to see this in a theater.

I mean, if things end up as dire as the thread thinks, you might be the only one IN the theater for it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They spent half a billion dollars and all they got for it was 5 seconds of Godzilla and King Kong on an aircraft carrier. Studio execs are FREAKING out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The entire movie is just wolf dad yelling at people how right he is about everything again.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The entire movie is just wolf dad yelling at people how right he is about everything again.

You call Early Edition wolf dad?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good. I liked Kyle chandler and that movie.

My only flaw is Sam from Trick r Treat and Krampus should’ve shown up during the final battle to kick Ghidorah’s rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Gripweed posted:

oh gently caress thinking about the last movie reminded me of that West Wing guy character. God I hope he's not in Godzilla vs Kong. I hate that guy

He's not in the credits as of now and the cast list is huge, so I think we're safe. Unless they replace him with another irritating character because the writing is as bad as in the last one.