Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It is possible that the only scene in the movie is the carrier fight
https://twitter.com/GodziIIaVSKong/status/1351220542825758726

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Shiroc posted:

OK, this is getting weird. That was terrible and looks like it was made in PowerPoint.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

god i hope the real reason they're not showing anything is because they're using suits this time around.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

god i hope the real reason they're not showing anything is because they're using suits this time around.

The movie plays out like normal until the last ten minutes, when everything suddenly switches Big Man Japan-style to guys in suits beating the poo poo out of each other.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The carrier fight is the only scene but it happens three times, Run Lola Run style

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's just following the Netflix and every other digital release ad pattern: lots of short teasers, full trailer a month or so before release, second trailer week before release.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Maybe they don't want to release a trailer that ends up better than the actual movie.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Jimbot posted:

Maybe they don't want to release a trailer that ends up better than the actual movie.

That's most trailers though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really really hope Godzilla 2014 UHD fixes the mega dark picture of the previous home release.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

I really really hope Godzilla 2014 UHD fixes the mega dark picture of the previous home release.

:same:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

*cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA8dw72_0TU&t=7s

*cough*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's a legit great trailer for a legit great movie. The KOTM trailers were awesome, unlike the movie. The Skull Island final trailer was as good as the movie: loving awesome.

The music, the editing :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44LdLqgOpjo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Skull Island was a movie I wanted to watch again as soon as I finished it. I regret not being able to watch it in a theater.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw it for free a week early. The Alamo i went too even set up a badass Kong display all around the theater. Super rad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Skull Island was so rad on that first watch. The helicopter attack where he just wrecks everything was an incredible intro for that version of the character.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The movie plays out like normal until the last ten minutes, when everything suddenly switches Big Man Japan-style to guys in suits beating the poo poo out of each other.

:hmmyes:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Shiroc posted:

Lmao, what a way to kick off GvK's marketing blitz. I would have cut together a trailer for free tbh. In return for getting to see the movie first, obviously.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Shiroc posted:

Synopsis: Godzilla has climbed up on an aircraft carrier and doesn't want to get down. He doesn't need food or anything, so he's just going to sit there. The US Navy, frustrated and somewhat embarrassed, comes up with increasingly harebrained schemes to dislodge Godzilla and hopefully stop the other armed forces from making fun of them.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's a remake of the 1993 WWF event that took place on the deck of the USS Intrepid. Godzilla is Yokozuna and Kong must try to bodyslam him.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
G'14: Too many people, we want to see the monsters
KOTM: Still too many people and they suck even when we see the monsters
GvK: Literally no people, one single fight for 90 minutes, still fails at whatever the box office is supposed to be now, kaiju movies not only stop being made in the US, but they stop being imported and the government orders all physical copies destroyed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Synopsis: Godzilla has climbed up on an aircraft carrier and doesn't want to get down. He doesn't need food or anything, so he's just going to sit there. The US Navy, frustrated and somewhat embarrassed, comes up with increasingly harebrained schemes to dislodge Godzilla and hopefully stop the other armed forces from making fun of them.

That would own so much. That was the best episode of Ultraman

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Godzilla: you fuckers nuked my home. I want a new home and this aircraft carrier is IT until you get me a better one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah. Yeah!!!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
90 minutes of aircraft carrier fight?
My body is ready for Gareth Evans' Godzilla vs Kong with Iko Uwais as Kong and uh... Butterbean as Godzilla

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
KotM's big sequence with Rodan is one of my favorite bits of a kaiju movie that I can think of. To me, that bit with Rodan's awakening and flight over the city has defined how dragons should be depicted.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

brocked posted:

90 minutes of aircraft carrier fight?
My body is ready for Gareth Evans' Godzilla vs Kong with Iko Uwais as Kong and uh... Butterbean as Godzilla

Scott Adkins IS Godzilla

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This is kind of off topic, but what is the Ultra fandom term for when an episode of a series gets experimental and maybe a little psychedelic and introspective for an episode? I think the Akio Jissoji directed episodes were the original example?

Burkion, I'm sure you know this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Schwarzwald posted:

This is kind of off topic, but what is the Ultra fandom term for when an episode of a series gets experimental and maybe a little psychedelic and introspective for an episode? I think the Akio Jissoji directed episodes were the original example?

Burkion, I'm sure you know this.

"A good episode"

Sadly there's not a specific term that I could point out- these are so in grained and foundational that they're just accepted as part of the experience, and sorely missed when they don't happen.

Surrealist style has always played well with Ultraman and he's directed some of the best episodes of the franchise

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I thought I had been told there was a specific term for that style of episode. I must have misremembered.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
A bottle episode?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

heck even Ultra Q has that weird episode about the government program to shrink people.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shiroc posted:

Account suspended? I assume this isn't the official

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KurtBelcher/status/1350961231604183041?s=20

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

:sickos:

It's me, I'm the sickos that would legit love this.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Save Mothra.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has anyone done a save mothra joke but on an aircraft carrier?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://twitter.com/Waffledog3/status/1351396254408839171?s=20

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ffff. That should be Mechagodzilla.

Or Jet Jaguar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just imagine how much better KOTM would have been if it had Jet Jaguar.

and King Caesar.