Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Anguiras getting the holy hell beaten out of him by Mechagodzilla is still startling, even though taking a beating is kind of Anguiras' thing.

When Mechagodzilla rips his jaw off it makes me cringe every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, it's absolutely fair to say that Godzilla '14 isn't the movie we were initially sold on.

But I love the movie we got all the same.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bob Quixote posted:

Godzilla vs. Megalon was the first Godzilla movie I ever bought when I was a kid - it was on clearance at a dollar store and had this really cheap cartoony bootleg-looking cover.

I remember picking up Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla and Godzilla 1985 in a $10 two-pack at Kmart. I must have been eight or nine at the time. I wore the poo poo out of those tapes.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gozinbulx posted:

I dont wanna read any reviews, spoiler or not. When does this poo poo come out stateside??

Considering Funimation has the rights and they're an incredibly small outfit, I'd be shocked if it hits, like 400 screens.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bimmi posted:

News to me, though there's a decent monster movie in there buried under all the idiotic crapola.

The last time I saw it, I was in the hospital and high as a kite on painkillers, but I seem to recall it being a halfway decent movie up until the point where they get to Madison Square Garden, when it becomes a 30-minute raptor chase sequence.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Waffleman_ posted:

Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah are actually going to be in Godzilla 2 in 2019!

That was when Edwards was still attached. Lord knows what's happening now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jesus, I forgot that King Ghidorah was going to be in King of the Monsters. I can't wait to see the new designs.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LesterGroans posted:

Godzilla 98's soundtrack is very much a Batman Forever situation.

Batman Forever's soundtrack introduced me to Nick Cave; ironically, There Is A Light is the song he hates the most of his entire career and when the band released a 3-disc B-Sides & Rarities album back in 2005, he refused to allow the song to be on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D17Tih8B-z0

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wonder if they intend to go full Lovecraft with King Gidorah and Dr. Graham.

I think they absolutely have to go full horror with King Ghidorah, just to differentiate him from Rodan and Mothra (one of whom will probably get smoked early on in King of the Monsters). He'll be presented as an unstoppable force that will just wreck any and all poo poo in sight for shits and giggles.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

wdarkk posted:

It's gotta be Rodan, he's the least popular of the three and therefor the most likely jobber.

If Mothra, not Rodan bites it, I'll record myself singing King Caesar's ballad.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

Don't think I ever beat that game - I think when you get to the Terminator hellscape it gets like really loving hard.

Such a good game tho - excellent graphics and sounds. Felt so chunky.

Never played the Genesis version, but the SNES gameplay was clunky as hell, with some of the cheapest hitboxes in recorded history, and you could fall into a pit if your toe went over the abyss.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Words cannot describe how excited I am about this movie. I loving loved Godzilla 2014, and having Rodan (described by Dougherty as "a winged A-bomb"), Mothra and motherfucking King Ghidorah in one movie ... I'm so there.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cythereal posted:

I'm really curious what they're going to do with Rodan to make him a threat. G14 is a pretty beefy old dude and Rodan's never had much to him.

For me it's King Ghidorah. A three-headed flying dragon is pretty much the stuff of nightmares.

And Rodan being more than "flying beast that decides to help out Godzilla because reasons" will be so great. I imagine he'll be pictured as more of a giant-sized pterodactyl.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Interesting that we got a bunch of pretty clear looks at Rodan, but only brief teases of Mothra and King Ghidorah.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

King Ghidorah looks appropriately loving massive, too.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Also, DAT ROAR

Can't wait to hear what they do with King Ghidorah's shrieks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Oh my God, I need this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

All I want is for King Ghidorah to be appropriately huge and to tower Godzilla. And given how tall Godzilla's 2014 design is, the King had better be loving massive.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Are you referring to that poster? That's for the anime. As for KG in the next movie:

LONG

LIVE

THE KING

Edit: Isn't 2014 Godzilla like 350 feet tall? gently caress yes, I don't care how much other stupid poo poo you've done, Dougherty, if you give me the biggest Godzilla against THE BIGGEST loving KING GHIDORAH EVER I will suck all the dicks.

Timby fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 14, 2018

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah that’s exactly what we’re getting it’s going to own.

It's all I want. I just want to see a gigantic, enormous, horrifying King Ghidorah.

Edit: And after they said they tested the roar of Godzilla 2014 and measured it at 50 miles away, I want the King to have the most horrifying scream as he unleashes his lightning breath poo poo.

Timby fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 14, 2018

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What have you done, you bastards, you managed to gently caress up my King. :mad:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Ghidorah's way more generous. If you booked Hogan vs. all of Earth's monsters he'd totally want to go over.

drat right he would.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

That Ghidorah is gonna be like $250 but I probably won't be able to resist.

That's me. King Ghidorah is my Lord and I want him to wreck poo poo everywhere.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LONG

LIVE

THE KING

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Burkion posted:

The kaiju himself? No idea.

The biggest Ghidorah has ever been in a movie is around 150 meters- they might make him a bit taller since 2014 Godzilla is 108 meters or some such, but it won't be too much.

Just ballparking it from the trailer, MY KING will be around 180-200 meters tall. He's massive and historically he's always dwarfed Godzilla. And Dougherty is a turbonerd about those things.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Just give me MY KING'S scream / shriek.

loving give it to me, Legendary. I'm walking with a cane and may or may not be in a wheelchair when this movie comes out, but give it to me.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tekne posted:

The full image sure is something.

LONG

LIVE

THE

KING

No, but seriously, show me MY KING, Ghidorah

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MY KING

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Dude was hauling rear end.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Neo Rasa posted:

The movie better have Serizawa squaring off with someone, and King Caesar's cultist sings "Let them fight".

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LONG

LIVE

MY KING

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cythereal posted:

Y'know, I still wasn't sure I believed it in the second trailer. Super-X seemed just a bit too out there for Legendary. But, here we are.

Dougherty is pretty clearly going balls-out.

And I love it.

I've wanted to see MY KING wrecking poo poo on a big screen ever since I was a tiny thing, and I've got the cash set aside in a shoebox to see it in the theater with a big ol' bucket of popcorn. Anything with Rodan, Mothra or Godzilla is gravy.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah the idea that we are going to have the opportunities to see these 4 chonk boys on IMAX wrecking poo poo is loving BANANAS

I can't do IMAX (even the fauxMAX screens give me the mother of all headaches), but you can be drat sure I am there at my local theater on opening night.

I've never seen King Ghidorah on a big screen. That changes this year. BRING ME MY THREE-HEADED DRAGON KING FROM HELL, DOUGHERTY

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nroo posted:

He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.
-Revelation 20:2

If King of the Monsters has Charles Dance reciting this verse, it will immediately become my favorite movie of all time.

Yes, it will top Ghostbusters.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Peacoffee posted:

You know, this made me look up all the movies again and that’s when I noticed: the director for 10 Cloverfield Lane was Dan Trachtenburg?

That guy from that not good podcast “The Totally Rad Show”.

He also directed an amazing episode of Black Mirror.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Wemus posted:

What movie was rainbow ghidorah from? :confused:

I think he had the rainbow coloring in early screen tests of Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster before they realized it looked like poo poo and made him gold.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

YES.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Schwarzwald posted:

So give back to MOTHERFUCKING KING GHIDORAH what is MOTHERFUCKING KING GHIDORAH's, and to Godzilla what is Godzilla’s.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MY KING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

17 kaiju and counting, holy poo poo! GvKong = a post-apocalypse setting?

The Serizawa line is clearly from a different scene. I'm guessing he's referring to cities that have been impacted by the monsters.