Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
does anyone know when godzilla anime part 2 hits netflix? i thought it was a few days ago but it turns out that was just the release in japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So the kotm trailer got me pretty hyped and im gonna do another run through the Godzilla movies. This time i wanted to watch the solo movies of the kaiju G fights in the vs films as well, like i heard the og mothra was worth seeing. Any others? King ghidorah had a solo before being a godzilla antagonist right?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Have some sweet Godzilla posters

https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1085770436166615040?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
which battle sequences in kotm occured during sunny skies

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Maxwell Lord posted:

We're finally gonna get that long-rumored Godzilla vs. Satan movie

Godzilla x Jesus

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cloverfield was great and i never understood why they never made a sequel but attached the name to a couple unrelated movies like they could just conjure up a cinematic universe out of thin air or something

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I actually thought the final scene was just supposed to be a little aha moment and not so much a sequel hook. Like, the reason it opens with the super top secret classified warning wasn't any of the footage of the actual event they filmed, they probably have that from thousands of people, it was what ended up being caught by accident on the very last second still saved on the memory card

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

well why not posted:

is the third cloverfield film any good?

I remember it being a cheap event horizon knockoff

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kong/iron sky crossover does sound funny ngl

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Iirc the third one was a bad attempt at doing event horizon

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
foundation looked expensive as hell (as in lots of good looking cg imo) so hopefully their monsterverse show will get a similar cg budget

site fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 21, 2022

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just got out of Minus One a little while ago. I thought it was very good. I didn't actually know what the plot was going in, wasn't expecting a remake of the original '54 film. Heavy on the war trauma, which made Godzilla itself looking awesome a nice, uncomfortable dichotomy. The heat ray setting off actual nuclear blasts is something that felt so natural to G like it just always was the intent. The score was well done and well placed. I kinda think Noriko should've stayed dead, instead of going for the "happy" ending/teaser though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh yeah, clearly the g-virus bumping around in her neck was being shown for a reason

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhonne posted:

What's with Godzilla's pink energy?

he's gay

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Ghoul posted:

:agreed:

I think Minus One and Vs. Kong were both very good. One as a touching story about post WW2 Japan with a monster in it, and the other as something to get baked and yell at on the living room TV.

Has anyone been watching the AppleTV+ show, and if so, is it worth the subscription?

monarch's biggest problem is that it's a show about the godzilla universe that can't be about godzilla because of its place in the timeline

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah, i get that it's a stupid thing to get hung up on given all the other goofy stuff in the franchise, but the hollow earth poo poo really annoys me too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oof, just saw that wednesday is the last day it's in theaters here, so this time i'm going to the imax

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Spacebump posted:

Outside of OG Godzilla, Shin, and -1, what are the other good Japanese Godzilla movies?

the thing you need to know going in is that besides these 3, all of them are various levels of silly, and i don't just mean the effects. the plots get absolutely bonkers pretty quick. that said

'64 ghidorah
invasion of astro monster
destroy all monsters
vs megalon (for the one scene, you know the one)

'91 vs king ghidorah
'93 vs mechgodzilla 2
'95 vs destoroyah

FINAL WARS

site fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 5, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hell yeah

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
big g gets some kickass posters doesn't he

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
drat, minus one looks so great in IMAX. He is HUGE

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Singular point is really a jet jaguar show

I didn't realize people hated SpaceGodzilla so much, I didn't mind that one

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'm glad my reading on cate x may last episode (monarch) might not have been too far off the mark, but the show is starting to feel like it's dragging and there's till 5 more episodes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The trilogy was interesting in that it made a Godzilla the size of a state kinda boring

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Desumaytah posted:

Has anyone ever kissed anyone else in a Godzilla movie? It just kind of isn't done.

Maybe Nick Adams with his Kumi Mizuno hyperclone girlfriend in Monster Zero.

Serizawa and Godzilla in kotm

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

:bisonyes:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i didn't dislike monarch, but now that i've finished i think e10 should've been like, e05 or 06

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

announce a bluray toho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh no, am i gonna see this a third time

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does it open with Godzilla stuck to the toilet because it has a bomb on it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gay godzilla vs straight godzilla

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
While I think I agree that no movie stars could've saved "mommy is an eco terrorist who committed planet wide genocide and is redeemed by saving their own child in the last 10 minutes of the movie", since there are no child movie stars maybe we would have been saved from a completely pointless 20min Millie Bobbie Brown subplot in GvK if she wasn't in KotM

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Basebf555 posted:

The key difference I think is color. Godzilla(2014) and King of Monsters had mostly fights that took place either in the dark, or surrounded by generic grayish rubble. Godzilla vs. Kong has the carrier fight, and then the Hong Kong fight, which are both way more visually interesting than any of the fights in the prior two films.

I also just think that Ghidorah didn't make for a very fun opponent for Godzilla. Kong is so much more dynamic and has a lot more character to him, and so they were able to put together more engaging choreography for those fights.

you're not wrong but the couple minutes of devil godzilla was the coolest he's been in the legendary series. the smirk just before he starts nuking ghidorah :discourse:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Halloween Jack posted:

Right, but why did Godzilla (2014) have to have "lovely absent father" as a major theme?

i'm gonna go against the grain here and say you're being taken for a ride, and that on it own "man being traumatized by the death of his wife due to kaiju" is not inherently bad characterization

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That set sounds great, except for the no subs part

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

i'm gonna look up the first season now

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Really happy for em, well deserved. Toho better capitalize on this by giving us that blu-ray!!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mecha but it says I can be heisei megazord Mecha if I want so it's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't care if the scale was accurate or whatever but the initial 2014 godzilla hawaii scene in imax was cool