Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Did Charles Dance like, quit the film halfway through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Not understanding the moms motivation when she literally gives a speech about it

What was this again? Also, what was Charles Dance trying to do, exactly? All I remember is he was like “humans are terrible” but the way it was written it didn’t seem like a complete thought.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The post credits scene seems to be setting him up as an even bigger threat in a later installment, so expect lots more of him in future.

I mean that more like I don’t even remember his last scene, it’s like at some point he just stopped being in the movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I was in the theater for the entire movie except for the part where we apparently learn what happened to the little brother and the whole thing feels like a fever dream memory now.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
That was something I was confused about - was that secret combo something the mom had figured out and the other team were trying to catch up on, or was that something that the mom hadn't figured out and the dad then did? Because I don't remember what they did with that information.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It’s popular fanfic pairings (relationshipping) - it’s also called “slash” - Spock/McCoy, et al (and this goes way back - Shakespeare’s Falstaff was such a popular character with London audiences that he basically wrote his own fanfic, Merry Wives of Windsor, in response).

Also, as it turns out I stepped out to go to the bathroom right before the mom’s televised speech, which explains some of the confusion for me. On the other hand, I’ve gone pee during important moments in other films, and I’ve never had this much trouble piecing together what I missed.

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 3, 2019

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
He's standing on a seamount!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I kind of appreciated how eyewateringly dumb this movie was, every few minutes there was something that made us both go "what? oh my god", which was fun. My main weird nitpick is that the hollow earth land is two parallel planes, as opposed to a sphere. Big monsters fighting isn't really something I enjoy, but the Geostorm-esque stupidity kept me going.