Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
Shin-Godzilla chat: in the final part of the movie the scientist played by Shinya Tsukamoto mentions that he believes Shin-Godzilla is capable of evolving a "flying form" to travel across the globe. Combined with Shin Godzilla's final images, I've kinda interpreted this to mean that potential sequels could introduce creatures that "bud" from the main Godzilla body, evolving into familiar monsters like Ghidora, Gigan, what have you. It's dumb but at least it's different. I'd also be happy with just another film with a constantly evolving Godzilla transforming in to greater and more grotesque perversions of the iconic Godzilla design.

I'm kinda disappointed Toho is so eager to jump back in to Godzilla films without Anno directing. I loved Godzilla films as a kid, but I didn't discover I could have a passion for them as an adult until the Criterion Blu-Ray release of the original. The original and Shin are easily my favorites; they just hit all the right buttons for me and really spark my imagination. I also have a soft spot for Hedorah and Godzilla's Revenge, but I'm getting off topic. I'm really intrigued by what further craziness Anno could bring to Godzilla, and to have Toho go off and make a new Godzilla series just to compete with Legendary just screams of desperation to me.

I guess more Godzilla can't be a bad thing, but I don't expect the quality we had with Shin. Shinji Higuchi would probably end up working on them and he's pretty ace in my book.

Godzilla King of the Monsters chat: trailer is awesome. I was luke-warm to Godzilla 2014 but there's no way I could miss seeing this on the big screen.

If I could ask for just one thing to include in this film, it would be a brief cameo of Hedorah to honor Yoshimitsu Banno's passing. Even if he just ends up getting wrecked like he did in Final Wars. That would be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
Did somebody say Godzilla's Revenge?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjcfiYH38pA