Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I'm only about 30 minutes in KvG but...this sets a new bar for horrendous screenplay right?

Like they straight up don't care about dialogue because the international market is 80% of revenue?

This movie really reminds me of Meg, lol. But I think Meg was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Okay it was bad.

1) The badguy is a sendup of the Most Interesting Man in the World right?
2) It's weird he doesn't find out his daughter (the worst actress in the world) died.
3) I did like that he calls Godzilla "Gojira".
4) MBB is pointless and why is her friend from New Zealand? Not all Kiwis are funny, Hollywood.
5) The movie was way better when no one was talking. But still not good.
6) The first 50 minutes are genuinely some of the worst filmic storytelling I'ver ever seen. Kong is in the Truman Show! Now he's on a boat! Now he's fighting Godzilla and destroying the 5th Fleet! Now he's in the North Pole! Now he's in the Land Before Time! Meanwhile, MBB is addicted to Above Top Secret. Horrendous. Legitimate garbage.

7) Time to watch Shin Godzilla again.

porfiria fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 11, 2021