Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My first Godzilla was vs Megalon in the mid 90s when I was like 6 from an old drug store. Imagine my surprise when watched vs Biollante next because the cover was cool.

"What the gently caress is this series?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Think DragonBall Z to dragon ball evolution

Or the avatar cartoon to avatar the movie.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Imagine a modern hedorah design

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nothing in NC, we always get the shaft

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Is it substantially more horrifying than any other Godzilla movies? He had no trouble with 2014 or half a dozen or more of the older ones. He's seen all of the trailers and was giddy about them. Loves Pacific Rim too.

From what I've seen if he can handle the trailers then he's good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Where are those top screens from?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I haven't seen it yet but what made GKOTM bad? Human stuff again?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Transformers animes too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is the new Gamera set by arrow better than the old blu rays?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I just watched KotM and GvK for the first time back to back. What a tonal whiplash watching KotM was. I remember G14 and man things have switched up.

GvK At the same time Kong tapped out I was thinking to myself "If I was him I'd be over this poo poo asking 'Why am I even fighting this guy...'. I busted out laughing. That whole little exchange was great. The extra twist with the feet and the roars at each other were perfect.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The Earth's core is over 3000 miles deep, so it's best not to think that G's atomic ray blew through that, but not through a MUTO, Ghidorah or Kong

See but he wasn't REALLY pissed off enough

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HannibalBarca posted:

Arguably GMK.

And maybe the end of Godzilla vs King Ghidorah?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It was the ground the throne was on top of.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

I love it. A perfect getaway and atonement are a couple of my favorite movies for this reason. The super hero boom has really placated viewer expectation into bite sized easily digestible moments of tension and mystery. Rian Johnson got a ton of hate for doing what generations of directors did before him, look at what he's seen and expects from a genre and swerving. That's how cinema thrives.

:rolleyes:

People will defend any amount of poo poo if it even slightly fits with what they like. Scream or Nightmare killing the perceived main character early in the movie is not the same as in a Godzilla movie. I'm not really here to see humans so if I have to see them I would want it to be great actors like Cranston. To then do the opposite just pisses me off. Not even gonna get into that other tired take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That book sounds really good but I also understand why everything couldn't make it in.