Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Do any goons go to G-Fest in Chicago? I've went every year for the past 3 years, so many fun Godzilla panels from authors and crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I wish I could read Japanese, because I really want to hear the explanation for why Godzilla has an organ in his calf

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I was so happy to be proven wrong about Shin Godzilla. I was a big curmudgeon because I didn't like the new design, but it works so well in the context of the full movie. How many Godzilla designs are actually relevant and change according to the story, anyway? MogeGoji from Destroyah and SokogekiGoji from GMK are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I did a rewatch of Godzilla's Revenge today. I don't think it gets the respect it deserves. It's pretty astonishing that the movie was completed in the first place, it's such a ridiculously barebones production. I think any director but Honda would've just said gently caress it. You can really see his background in documentary filmmaking with those early shots of Kawasaki.

All the really kid-friendly Godzilla movies are really great, at least to me. They have a really odd kind of surrealism that I really dig.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I hope we get some more standalone non-Godzilla kaiju films in the Legendary universe, like Skull Island. I'd kill for a Rodan movie set in a Depression-era Appalachian coal mining town.

It's also about time Ghidorah got his own movie. I think a really visually-minded director could make a great disturbing and trippy Ghidorah movie.