Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
^Exactly. Was there anyone anywhere that really thought Godzilla died at the end of GvsKK? My kid mind just always took it as pretty obvious that that's what happened since it went Godzilla in ocean -> Godzilla on beach after a storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

I want to believe.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Bimmi posted:

I had a feeling the Showa-style Godzilla roar in the trailers did not really fit the visuals, and, well, here you go (spoilers obvs):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjM8qvSjkVM
:perfect:

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

While not a Godzilla movie per se, Rodan is fairly serious and builds up a decent horror/mystery vibe. I'd suggest it if you haven't seen it and are looking for films more in line with '54.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Breaking News:
ANNO - SAVIOR OF OUR MOVIE?

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Isn't that the one Toho sued over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

evil_cheese posted:

IIRC they used pictures from godzilla to advertise. Like copied the poster and put a cut out of anne hathaway on it or something.

Ah, okay. I only had vague recollections and since that was the last I'd heard I was afraid it was sunk. Colossal has an interesting premise so I'm glad to see it actually making it to theaters. Between that, Shin, Kong, and Legendary's plans for a "monsterverse" it's great that there is a giant monster movie revival going on. Here's hoping they continue on with more hits than misses.