Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Mothra just flying through wrecking everything is so good, I don't know if it's still the case but it & a bunch of related stuff used to be on Crackle (the streaming service every1 ignores) for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Hey, if you have some Crackle recommendations, feel free but it sucks rear end!

No it's definitely 95% garbage, but the ads used to error out and auto skip on the Xbox 360 app so that was sick.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Definitely give me $11 if not buying osmething is such a big deal for you

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

well why not posted:

One of the first widescreen DVDs we watched when I was a kid was 'The Man Who Sued God'. My dad insisted on using the player's zooming feature to remove the black bars. There was a fairly long shot where the lead character was leaning in a doorway at the edge of frame. We were treated to a minute long shot of an empty street.

This stuff is confusing and I'm glad we're out of the woods with almost everything being widescreen all the time. 4:3 is basically over, but I'm sure there's people watching old TV shows stretched horizontally to avoid bars.

There's the reverse problem now though, stuff like Seinfeld and Malcolm in the Middle airing in wide-screen despite it being designed for a different ratio.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I assume you seen the Malcolm in the Middle HD with booms in the shot and Darkside Dewey and the like.

Haha yeah, I remember it took me a beat to notice what was wrong with the Dewey one. Real horror