Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I liked the part where the giant ape hacked apart the robot lizard with a glowy axe. That was fun and this was a fun movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Beamed posted:

I'll just repeat that I feel like Godzilla vs. Kong was a modern Showa-era Godzilla movie, down to the insane sci-fi elements (instead of aliens from Planet X with a cure for all disease, it's Hollow Earth with magic power crystals!), great monster characters, and light hearted human plot. It was very good.

This is how I felt about it. People tend to forget just how turbo silly showa-aera godzilla was. This had the right tone and I enjoyed it as an exercise of the love that went into making such a silly movie.

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is a movie where I agree with every criticism every person has with it, but still really liked it.
yeah this is a movie is immune to all forms of criticism. It doesn't matter. This is a movie where kong wields a giant glowy axe he finds in the hollow earth.

It's also a great movie to watch while rip roaringly baked.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Tonight's viewing: The 6 Ultra Brothers vs. The Monster Army. Halfway through I realised I actually had Gomora and Ultraseven action figures

Technically that's Mecha Gomora

Here's the Thai version, it's a different edit than the Japanese version but it at least has subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m8Y97ilsNg

The whole film is something wonderful but if you're not interested in drawn out backstory and arguments with the sun god to slow down time, and a teleportation fight against a sentient magical flower, and Ultra-fied Hanuman stomping on some temple robbers at least skip to 1:12:00 for some of the goofiest kaiju battles put on film. You might have thought that the parody Ultra Family battle at the end of Big Man Japan was goofy but this film even has that beat. :v:

He's just big boned. :mad:
Once you dip your toes into the pool of work belonging to Sompote Sands you're going to end up falling into the deep end of the completely mind ripping "Magic Lizard."

God help your soul because he failed to help mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxAYVxLliVU