Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Whedon doesn't seem like some one that screams a lot. But then again, I wasn't there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Check out NECA's line of the same Predator mold but this time it has BLOOD or GLOWS IN THE DARK.

I brought this up before, but aside from the Kenner ones, which are gimmicky crap, the movie Predators were all the same with minor variations to keep the cost down. Especially with AvP.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When does this come out on Blu Ray? I have no days off work that week so there's zero chance of me seeing it. Why can't they have early showings? drat you Godzilla.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

I guess this isn't playing every day? I have dates for 2 Wednesdays and 1 Monday. :/

Worse than that, it's not playing at any times other than late. Kinda sucks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When is the movie going to be available to watch at home?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw Jackson's Kong like 3 times in the theater. I was really into that flick. I still kinda dig it but I do skip around quite a bit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just watched Godzilla Vs. Mothra. I kinda liked it, I guess. But I have to ask, does it help to enjoy these movies more if you're nostalgic of them? I feel like something was missing.

Watching Gorjira was a treat for me due to how serious and moody it all was. It felt very powerful, and quite interesting. And I didn't really feel that with Godzilla Vs Mothra. Some good stuff in it though, but it didn't grab me as much as I thought. I couldn't get into Godzilla Raids Again either.

Maybe I'm just weird and I like Godzilla when it's deadly serious and moody as hell. I feel like I'll dig Shin Godzilla a lot, but I'm not sure about the rest of the series. But I do want to enjoy them though, so who knows!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay, I think I can snag that at the same store I got the other films. I'll watch them, but I may sell the box set after if they're not clicking with me too much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's just something so scary to me about giant monsters. Little monsters, or like, 8 foot ones you could probably lock up somewhere or have a shot at killing them.

You're completely helpless with something that huge.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cloverfield is the scariest monster film for me because it does add the double layer of the tiny monsters coming after you. Those on their own? Eh. But those paired with the giant monster, showing that there really is no escape from it? To me that's drat horrifying.

The little Zilla baby scene in the Emmrich movie could've been so dang scary if it was directed by someone who isnt' a hack.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shadowhand00 posted:

That one scene in Pacific Rim must have been terrifying.

It was a pretty great scene. Especially in 3D.

Or are you talking about the little baby scene? Which was also good, and had the film been more serious, that could've been a really intense horrific scene.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stairmaster posted:

thats not how star wars works you gently caress!!!

-Han Solo, The Force Awakens.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aaron Taylor Johnson was great in my opinion.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mllaneza posted:

I'd compare Skull Island to Aliens. As the mystery unfolds characters are picked off one by one by weird and deadly critters. I also compare them as fun action movies. And it has Samuel L. Jackson doing his best Captain Ahab impression. What's not to love ? 8.5/10, did everything it wanted to and did it well.

It's very Aliens. Kid from that piece of poo poo Project X is straight up Hudson. And that made me sad because Bill Paxton is dead. :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mechafunkzilla posted:

9/11 was the greatest day of my life

One of my favorite toys as a kid was a Id4 playset where you can drop alien bombs onto the WTC and Empire State Building to completely collapse them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Oh gently caress me. I guess horizontally flipping a video no longer fools them. Should I bother with a fair use dispute?

You aren't using it for fair use if you just posted it to the internet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waffleman_ posted:

How much we gotta pay to get Clover in the Verse?

He's not doing so hot these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1lnqp9dx6g&t=49s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SleepCousinDeath posted:

dude can't even get cast in his own franchise anymore, it's really sad

I did film one right after Cloverfield Lane came out where he blew his brains out in the bathroom, and it looked really good, but I axed it because I didn't want to put that out there. It might've been too much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I get the others but why this? This is...nothing. I don't get it. Half the time people post the screen shots I'm like nodding my head, and then see one or two and go...whu..huh??

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What the hell is up with that trailer music?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Neo Rasa posted:

The part at the beginning of Godzilla 14 when they're inside the massive dead creature is so good. I really appreciated that the film didn't waste a lot of time with folks being skeptical of stuff and just opens up with like yep, there's some fuckin' huge monsters.

Wasn’t it a Godzilla?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Burkion posted:

That's an actual

Okay sure fine

Wonder what his powers are

Probably some meme.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Speaking of NECAzillas, I found the Shin Godzilla and it owns.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What's the song that played over the trailer? I remember the old electric piano used to have it as the demonstration song for the electric keyboard mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sxpELpvjMA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Human Target!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I knew the movie was for me when there was Sam Raimi shots the first time Kong shows up.

@2:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXCwpPkWtxI

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wish it said “Alexandre Desplat” tbh. That score is badass and I want more

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't know how you'd call Skull Island boring

I mean, I GET how, you'd type the words out B-O-R-I-N-G, but it don't compute dude.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I wasn't that entertained by the spectacle and felt very little tension. It's kind of all over the map when it comes to tone. Is it a scary movie? A funny movie? It doesn't seem real sure.

Like a lot of good adventure films, it has elements of horror, comedy, suspense, and drama.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So long as he gets started on another Trick 'r Treat

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NECA likes to surprise people, they don't want to ruin it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mothra looks rad.

I’m not really a big Godzilla fan though. I just think the design is neat. Very slick and badass.

Something someone like me would dig. king G looks rad too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NOT MY RODAN

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tekne posted:

The true monster is mankind.

This is forced now

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

G wasn't the best meme of the year not too long ago. people are still into moths

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxjyAR9Qzk

Poor quality, but someone got some more seconds of McCreary's rendition of the Godzilla theme.

This is the Solo theme. At least the first part

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 5, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ah. Apparently some solo panel was starting up near by hence why it leaked in. So there’s the answer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That looks like it’s 12 inches

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

King Ceaser is wicked. Love his cult.

Seee-Saw Seeee-Saaaw Seeeeeeeeee-Sawwww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

2014 12 inch figure is great. I think they just re-released it.