Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So that Monarch website shows where they found the dormant monsters.

There's classified monsters in Uluru, Machu Picchu, and the Giza Pyramids. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
In Godzilla 3 our protagonist faces his greatest threat yet: deep-south racism.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/MonarchSciences/status/1020020599572213760

oops, somebody woke Ghidorah up.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Which kaiju is MBB reaching out to? Mothra I guess? She emerges from underwater later (but separate from Godzilla on the submarine)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Even the tiny glimpses we've gotten of King Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan really hammer home just how lame and devoid of personality the MUTOs were.

You can't tell me you didn't feel something from the computer-generated scream when she saw her nest exploded :colbert:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
'14 Godzilla is kind of adorable.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I couldn't even get through Part 1 and the news that there's going to be a 3rd is not encouraging me.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So should I not be going to sleep until we get a trailer or??...

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This has the same plot as Street Fighter II: The World Warrior. Convince me otherwise.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Rodan :worship:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Arcsquad12 posted:

G14 would have been better if Jared Keeso's cameo hadn't been as the jumpmaster but as his character from Letterkenny. Small-town Ontarians versus Kaiju.

this but the dog is Godzilla

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm going to see this in IMAX and get such a splitting headache I throw up and it's going to be great.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
If your movie ticket isn't +$35 you're disrespecting the king

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/GodzillaMovie/status/1113612554033459201

I guess that's the final 5 minute trailer?

Also I would literally buy a ticket just to see this and walk out before Shazam.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Tekne posted:

Your will is eroding. https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/b9m74p/now_this_is_the_tits/

The editing on the closing montage is amazing. Bocelli's voice rising just as those poor sobs are blown away is pure :kiss:

There's like 3 whole pixels in this video and I still got chills :tviv:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So if Ghidorah is the alpha over Mothra and Rodan and Godzilla kills him maybe we can see Mothra/Rodan team up with him in Godzilla vs Kong?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Godzilla has the ideal summer body

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Vintersorg posted:

I would like an edit with Bradley Whitfield’s dumb as gently caress character removed entirely. Jesus Christ he ruined every single scene where he uttered a goddamn word.

Otherwise this movie was really drat good and the action was top notch. Can’t wait to see it again.

I cannot emptyquote this enough. The kaiju scenes owned but the dialogue was borderline unbearable.

I cried when Mothra died :negative: because she deserved so much better. She was reduced to being Godzilla's girlfriend and technically the only titan to die. Her badass kill shot had one of the biggest reactions but was a lame fakeout. I kind of wish Godzilla vaporized Rodan on the spot when he bowed in revenge.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It should be a requirement to see this in IMAX to get the full experience. Although the Joker trailer in front of it was for some reason louder than anything in the movie.

Is KOTM even playing in 3D? I remember Godzilla 2014 made me throw up afterwards.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Also some random sarcastic employee has the power to command the military to provide Monarch every nuke in their arsenal only for them to just use one on Godzilla

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Barry Foster posted:

Also from the trailers I was expecting the tone of the film to be more apocalyptic than it was, and for KG to be more terrifying than he was. Then again, G14 played the same trick.

Anyway, this was a ludicrous mess of a film, a total modern day Showa joint, but there were still some genuine goosebumps moments.

A huge missed opportunity was when Ghidorah dropped Godzilla from the stratosphere. When he hit the ground he sort of just let out a shockwave gust of wind. Boston would have been a loving crater after that :lol:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Stairmaster posted:

why the ufck did the movie go to boston when washington dc had more interesting things for the monsters to smash in their battle god this movies so bad

Makes me wonder if Godzilla vs Kong vs Destroyah/MechaGhidorah will be in NYC

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I was looking at a list of 2020 movies a few days ago and saw "Godzilla vs Kong: March" and I laughed. There's been no viral marketing for it yet and now I see why. I think it needed the extra few months to bake and give more incentive for casual audience to go out and see it. Unfortunately I think it might be the last of the Legendary saga.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Bradley Whitford is returning

:negative:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
KotM would be a lot better if Bradley Whitford's character wasn't one of the most annoying to ever grace a cinema screen.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/GodzillaMovie/status/1253490415635857408

Kevin :lol: Mike Doherty definitely did his research and after reading this commentary I respect how much detail went into crafting KOTM even more.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Holy poo poo I'm starved for assets that aren't cheap packaging graphics :eyepop:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1347023300371894274?s=19

When I first saw this I thought that was a tree in Kong's hand like the original movie. Well, here's hoping that one kaiju tries to jam a tree in the other's mouth at one point.

Holy poo poo is he using Godzilla's spike as an axe?!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
We've seen more from Singular Point which is now coming after GvK :sigh:

At least that's going to be a good month of content.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Is there an NFL game they can drop a trailer during? drat.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That music drop when Kong punched Godzilla was awful. I love it. This is much more of a Kong movie than I thought it'd be.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Every time I see this screenshot I laugh because it reminds me of Cloverfield analysis on the Unfiction forums.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
My favourite SFX detail so far is when the camera is under Godzilla climbing onto the ship and his loose throat skin wiggles when he roars.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The character design in Singular Point puts the Pacific Rim anime to shame.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Apparently the review embargo drops today. I guess it's a good sign they're not waiting until release day.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Goddamn that was rad. Really wish I could've seen this in a theatre because the sound and the fight choreography seemed like it shook walls. The neon Hong Kong fight and the Hollow Earth stuff probably looked great on a big screen as well. I think it was to this movie's benefit that it was mostly about Kong because he's inherently likeable and the relationship with Jia was sweet. Overall the human stuff was far less annoying than what KOTM offered and that's a win in itself.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Panfilo posted:

Godzilla putting a little twist in his chest stomp on Kong was top notch. A great way to convey "stick a fork in him, he's done" at that point.

Kong's expression during his roaring was priceless :chloe:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The villain being an original character do not steal monkey is kind of disappointing but it's obviously early and we know what happened with Mecha G.

Maybe the focus is on Kong here while the TV show is Godzilla?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Gripweed posted:

What's really got me excited is the little details that indicate the show is going to be about a world where Godzilla is an accepted fact. How do governments and society adapt to what is essentially this new kind of natural disaster

Right? Little details like the Godzilla Evacuation Route are grounded in realism. More moments like that please. I doubt this is going as far as the bananas advanced tech suddenly introduced in KOTM/GvK.

As fun as the Monsterverse is, the bleak and brutalness of Minus One is the tone I want to see right now, and it probably has more to say than the Monarch show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Goddamn those are some nice special effects for a TV show. I'm sure I'm setting myself up for disappointment with the human plot but it'll be worth it for that shot climbing up Godzilla's tail alone.