Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Gigan owns, but what's the point if we don't get Godzilla Bro #1 Anguirus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I hope in the legendary universe they learn their lessons about letting aliens borrow our Godzillas

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

Destroy All Monsters made me a life long G-fan. My parents taped it on a VHS and I watched it religiously.

same, but it was a VHS copy of Megalon with them fighting on top of the World Trade Center

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know the threads opinions on this but if you want a good mostly serious Godzilla movie you can't go wrong with Returns.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I really don't understand how, with the unlimited potential of animation, they managed to make something even worse than Godzilla's Revenge.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It's really hard to top the time traveling insanity. drat I need to watch that again.

It and Final Wars are perfect for just crazy Godzilla background noise

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

uh is this the Seatopians? MEGALON confirmed

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
no big blue googly eyes, what the gently caress?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
is it bigger than the old version?

edit: yeah it looks way bigger :stare:

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 1, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah I meant compared to the old SH toy, sorry

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I might just need to go back and watch Mothra and Godzilla Vs. The Thing, it's been too long

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
when I was a kid I got a copy of Godzilla Vs Megalon from the BIG WHEEL store on VHS, with the WTC cover, and I must've watched that one a hundred times at least. Godzilla Vs Megalon owns. Oh yeah and same with Mechagodzilla or Cosmic Monster or whatever it was called then

edit: as the same kid I thought Revenge and the one with the Lobster loving blew rear end

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Seeing Mothra in action really changed my mind on the new design. I like it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

this is good

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'll try to find it tonight to take a pic, I'm almost certain it 1) didn't have the silver chest/backplates, 2) badly painted eyes, or 3) red lips, but you may be right. The gauze of nostalgia lies heavy.

I had one with a red chest and lipstick, and none of the spikes on the back, but otherwise the same mold. a shameful knockoff godzilla but it was good enough for me.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i think we should just lend the monsters to the nice fellas on Planet X

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Lady Mothra: Monsters Ball

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Godzilla Vs. Megaguirus and Heisei Vs. Mothra are probably the only two godzilla movies I've never been able to make it through in my entire life. Like starting each one is the same as taking like 10 benadryl pills as far as my brain is concerned

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
in vs mechagodzilla 2 I think they call Rodan Radon and it fucks me up

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
god drat it, english dubs have set me up for failure

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i loving love that Godzilla dude

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
did they really make a movie about the old arcade game?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
make sure you have some ice cold Dr Peppers on standby for '85!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
edit nevermind

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 9, 2019