Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The parts of Rampage that are just the monsters rampaging are really good. For a PG-13 movie a surprising number of tiny CGI people get brutally owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Have they said if that Arrow Gamera collection will be released in the US?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched Godzilla King of the Monsters. There was a lot of good stuff in there but holy poo poo is the main guy the worst protagonist in history. Even setting aside how loving terrible and overdone "divorced dad who just wants his family back" is.

He's introduced as a bio-acoustics expert. His skills in bio-acoustics never come up, every time there's some bio-acoustic work to be done one of the other characters does it. Instead Early Edition is useful for his knowledge of military and terrorist tactics, his search and rescue skills, his instinctive understanding of monster behavior, and his ability to open jammed hangar bay doors. loving hell, I thought it was a bit silly when the troop in Godzilla was the only bomb troop available to do the thing, but at least he was a bomb troop and the thing he did involved a bomb.

We are also informed that Early Edition has been completely uninvolved with Monarch for the past five years. He doesn't know anything about their current situation or monsters. Despite that, he easily takes control of whatever situation he's in and everyone simply defers to his judgement, often without a word of complaint. Because I guess they all know he's the main character. So clearly he would know more about troop stuff than the troops, and more about monster behavior than the monster researchers.

The third thing we're told about him is that he hates monsters. Wants them all wiped out. Especially Godzilla, the one that killed his son. Despite that, when other people in the room are saying "let's shoot Godzilla", Early Edition always counsels deescalation, trusting Godzilla, and helping Godzilla. Even the guy whose entire character is "trusts the monsters" is outdone by Early Edition's trusting of monsters. Which ties into my previous point. Early Edition doesn't just take over character's plot agency by telling them what to do, he takes over their loving character traits.

Basically, he's always right, he always has the correct opinion, and all the other characters do what he says. Despite none of that making sense with any of the actual established character traits of any of them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Stairmaster posted:

you mean to tell me KOTM is a bad film....

I did not say that. I liked it overall. The monster action was great, the redesigns were great, they were willing to just have Masers and the Oxygen Destroyer be things in the movie without being ashamed of the silliness or over explaining them, they even went further by including the hollow earth theory. The Mammoth ape thing was a great new monster design. The only parts I didn't like was when Early Edition was doing stuff.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I did rather like that GOZILLA ANIME TRILOGY SPOILERS it looks like they're basically gonna end up at the same place as the Godzilla anime trilogy ending, just a little more peacefully

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Horse-poo poo. Godzilla 2 is a poisonously insincere version of The Avengers, which was itself a debasement of Ishiro Honda’s Atragon. Godzilla 2 does everything in its power to reassure the audience that it’s just another action-comedy about Family. Godzilla 2 is the robot toy in Big that turns into an office building.

You know what’s silly? Attacking Godzilla with a tank. You know what’s not silly? Attacking him with Tony Stark - because now you’re expressing a humiliating equivalence. Independence Day 2 made the same fatal mistake of giving the idiots space-ships instead of fighter jets.

A maser without the ATV it’s clumsily strapped to is just an Adobe Aftereffect - and imagine yukking it up over a perfunctory reference to the vile death weapon in Godzilla 1954. It causes flesh to rapidly dissolve. It’s got a funny name.

Hey I know that you've never let facts get in the way of your analysis but Masers not on tracks have been a thing for a long time in the Japanese movies. There have been Masers on airplanes, Masers on MechaGodzilla, Masers on flying submarines, handheld Maser rifles used by mutant superhumans.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Why is Godzilla vs Biollante the only Heisei Godzilla movie that's super expensive to get on bluray?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is the mothra trilogy part of any of the Godzilla continuities, or is it it's own thing?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Burkion posted:

100% its own thing.

For some reason I thought they came out at the same time as the Heisei Godzillas but it looks like they came out between the Heisei and Millenium series.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You guys might know this, but why wasn't everyone in Mothra's tribe small? It's set up that the island had been surveyed before but nobody found evidence of habitation. And most of the shots of the Infant Island natives are a little weird, like they're not on the same set as the other actors. And it's never questioned why the Fairies are small but everybody else on the island is normal size.

So the sense I got was that the script was written with the Infant Island natives all being small. But then late in production for some reason they switched it to just the Fairies are small but the rest are normal.

Am I right? Is there any behind the scenes stuff about that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Burkion posted:

So as far as I can tell, that wasn't in the plans exactly, though you're not too far off. In the original novel, Mothra had several fairies that worshiped her- in the movie this was changed to only two, to make them more special and add a sense of wonderment to them. This was probably done to make things a bit easier for the production crew as well, since they had to be captured. It also helped that they had actual twin pop idols for the role to begin with, known as the Peanuts amusingly enough.

huh. That leaves me wondering why they made such a big deal about the island having already been surveyed and found to be uninhabited, but then never explained how the normal sized tribe with their big Mothra temple was missed. I guess it was to add mystery and magic to the whole deal, but it really felt to me like a set up that just never got paid off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched Rebirth of Mothra. It's good!

First and foremost, it is very much a kids movie. Strong moral about not fighting with your little sister, and a scene that's basically just "they're on a plane, isn't that exciting!"

But the tiny monster dog fight in the house owned! If the movie had stayed on that scale, tiny kaijus causing domestic destruction, I would've been completely happy. But then the giant monster stuff was good too. They had their work cut out for them making a fight between a giant moth and a dragon so big it couldn't really move exciting, but IMO they made it work. Making all three Desighidorah heads flamethrowers and having constant explosions was probably the key.

So yeah, Rebirth of Mothra, solid kids movie, good giant monster movie. Would recommend.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh yeah, another thing that was really good about Rebrith of MOthra; giving the fairies personalities. That's a big improvement over exotic tiny babes that men fight over

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1227696090704728065?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Detective No. 27 posted:

Godzilla is more interested in destroying capital than accumulating it.

Godzilla Monopoly should be regular Monopoly but every turn you have to roll dice to see if Godzilla destroys whatever location you've landed on.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

People don't like Gigan for his mind

https://twitter.com/Fivenareff/status/1227366142513238016?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kart Barfunkel posted:

As a semi-casual Godzilla/Kaiju fan can somebody answer me why these Kaiju toys are so gently caress-rear end expensive? I’m just trying to bless up my cubicle with a Hedorah, I don’t want to take out a loan to do it.

If you mean the Monsterarts line, it's because that's Bandai's line for adult collectors. They have excellent sculpts, paint and articulation. For comparison, Bandai's similar lines of humanoid figures, Figuarts and Ultra Act, start at around 50 bucks each and they're much smaller than a Monsterarts

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched Rebirth of Mothra 2. You guys were like, oh no, it's bad, you're gonna hate it! So naturally my instinctive contrarianness kicked in and I was all set to enjoy it. I went in fully planning to be the guy who actually liked Rebirth of Mothra 2. So it starts, and I'm like, oh poo poo that guy got his face melted off! Oh hey the fairies are back, and with new outfits! And then I don't have another positive thought about the movie until Mothra gets rainbow wings. I liked rainbow wing Mothra. But she only has those for like five seconds before transforming into a terrible plastic flying fish bug thing that sucks.

In fairness, I was also interested in the stakes when they were established. Dagahra is releasing toxic jellyfish that will destroy all the oceans. OK, I thought, let's see where this is going. But then it never actually comes up in the plot. Dagahra destroys a nuclear submarine, and it's never mentioned again! Because all the rest of the movie after that is just three kids running around in a Legends of the Hidden Temple rear end hidden temple. The kids were important in the first movie, but basically all they actually had to do was get the fairies and the amulet on an airplane so they could get back to Hokkaido before it was too late. And they had their mom with them. That is an acceptable task for kids. But in Rebirth of Mothra 2, they had to steal a boat, paddle across an increasingly toxic ocean full of monstrous jellyfish, raise a sunken temple, find a hidden gem, and use it to empower Mothra. That is not an acceptable task for three little kids when the worlds oceans are being destroyed! The fairies are being insanely irresponsible! They didn't even get the girl's mom to help! Or either of the teachers! I understand that they needed to move fast, but the movie had established responsible adult characters who should've been roped in to help! They even established a potential romance between the two teachers! That could've been a fun element to see play out as they wandered around that loving hidden temple!

Dagahra is, conceptually, neat. Fish dragon. Great. But in practice the suit is so thick and heavy around the shoulders the drat thing could barely move its arms. Like, when it first showed up and the wings were folded back, they're so crazy thick and big I thought, "OK, that doesn't look great. But clearly there's going to be a dramatic unfolding of the wings and they're gonna be huge and it's gonna be awesome". Yeah not so much. The wings unfolded are barely any bigger than the wings folded up! And then it starts to do a transformation and I'm like, "Ok, now it's gonna get awesome!" but it just grows two spikes. And another thing! So it's Dagahra, an evil dragon that is going to destroy the world! What's the first thing we see happen to it? It gets slapped around by a loving temple. It's the big bad giant monster of this giant monster movie, and literally the first thing we see is that it's weaker than a building.

movie sucks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Why did you watch Rebirth of Mothra 2 seven times?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cythereal posted:

I dunno. They might get the Mothra treatment: look really cool, be in the movie for about a minute total and do nothing except die to make Godzilla stronger.

Why yes I think Mothra basically got fridged in King.

Doesn't Mothra die a lot in general though?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Arcsquad12 posted:

They "stopped" Godzilla in Shin Godzilla

That wasn't the military

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Varan the Unmemorable

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched Rebirth of Mothra 3. It wasn't as bad as Rebirth of Mothra 2!

I liked the dynamics of the main family. They were much better than the lovely kids of RoM 2 and the more cartoonish family from RoM 1

The new Rainbow Mothra puppet was fantastic. It seemed a lot more articulated than previous Mothras, and just changing the shape of the wings made it look a lot more dynamic. I really liked how they made the wings out of cloth so they would move more when they flapped, that was a great touch. Best Mothra, imo

The Past Ghidorah suit was good too

And the middle fight in the past was great. I was worried it would just be a retread of Mothra vs DesGhidora, but they did different stuff and I liked it, even if it was a bit short.

All that being said, the movie wasn't great

What the gently caress was going on? The Fairies are all dressed as evil queens now, and they find the Triforce, and then Ghidorah shows up and is sending kids into a orb, and one of the good Fairies is evil, but then the other kills herself to open a time portal, and they put together all three swords with the Triforce to make the Master Sword, and that's able to open the orb, which doesn't actually effect Ghidorah at all? Why were the Fairies putting together a weapon that only can open Ghidorah orbs before Ghidorah showed up, and why did the one Fairy turn evil? Why was Ghidorah putting kids in the orb? Is that a Ghidorah thing? I haven't seen many movies featuring Ghidorah, does he put people in orbs?

The early scenes of Ghidorah sending kids to orbs were good and creepy, but the movie doesn't commit to that tone. If it had really gone all in on kid horror, it would've been fantastic! Kid horror and Kaiju would be a great combination! But instead it doesn't do that. It loses the kid antics of the first two movies, doesn't replace it with kid horror to the extent it really should've, and the good family dynamics are wasted by the family being separated for almost all of the movie. So the end result is a very bland tone.

And while I liked the Past Ghidorah suit, the present day Ghidorah suit seemed a little awkward. And it was kinda disappointing that the big bad of the whole trilogy was just Ghidorah.

So yeah, Rebirth of Mothra 3. Some good points, not as bad as Rebirth of Mothra 2, but not very good or memorable.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh yeah one other thing, the final fight was dogshit and Armor Mothra is an abomination

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That is too much money, but I will buy it if it is available for less money in the future

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm just sad that I've finished all the standalone Mothra movies. Despite the poor quality of RoM2 and 3, I still want more Mothra! Where's the Mothra anime movie, the big budget American Mothra movie?

edit: And how was there never an evil Mothra? Four Mothra movies and she never fights an evil giant wasp or butterfly or anything. Throughout the entire Rebirth trilogy, she only fights dragons! What's the deal?

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 20, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Burkion posted:

Pssst

Stumble back into Mothra VS Godzilla Battle for Earth

It's not a good movie but it has good fights

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Godzilla vs. Mothra 1992 is one of the most Mothra-y movies, and features her evil ex-husband Battra.

I might as well start on the Heisei Godzillas next

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm pretty sure I saw some of the Showa Godzillas as a kid watching MST3K. But the only Godzillas I actually have memories of are all the American ones, Final Wars, Shin, and the anime trilogy.

Basically, I've never really been that into Kaiju stuff until I watched Shin Godzilla and the Gamera trilogy last year. And now I'm ALL IN.

I plan to watch all the Godzillas, but I wanna get them on bluray* too so I'm not planning on watching the Showa Godzillas until the next Barnes and Noble Criterion sale.

*except Biollante, unless it gets reprinted

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Somebody was talking about it in the thread and it's free on Amazon so I watched Varan the Unbelievable.

Holy poo poo the main guy talks so much. He never stops talking. Either it's a dialogue scene where he's doing 90% of the talking, or it's a scene where he's doing a voiceover even though the same information could've easily and more naturally been delivered through dialogue. The monster scenes are the only break from the main guy talking.

The monster was good. Giant iguana is a good design, I loved the see through spines, the suit was a bit floppy in places in some shots but overall was good. Solid monster.

It was neat to see a mixed-race relationship in such an old movie. There's a bit of a weird thing going on where every character but the lead is Japanese and treated respectfully(not counting the gender issues of the time), but the movie is also pretty racist about the natives. I bet there's a word for that but I'm not a racist expert

The experiment the protagonist wants to do is insane. He wants to try out a new chemical process to desalinate sea water. OK, great. But instead of doing it on, like, a tank of sea water, he can only test it in a lake. There's lots of talk of depth and temperature so I assume the process will for some reason only work on huge amounts of seawater at once. But also, as an expected side effect, all the fish will die and all the surrounding areas must be evacuated. And not like, the fish will die because they're salt water fish and the water will turn fresh. They specifically say the fish will be poisoned. And there's no talk of that being a temporary state or anything. So you put that all together and as far as I can tell, the main character of this movie has invented a chemical process to turn the ocean into poison.

But mainly I have two questions. Why is the movie called Varan the Unbelievable if the monster is called Obake? And why is the monster called Obake? Doesn't that mean ghost

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Yeah that does explain a lot. Is there any way to watch the original?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vinylshadow posted:

What a charming individual

This, but unironically

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched the original Varan the Unbelievable

I think we can all agree that the best thing about Tsuburaya is his love for Spunky Lady Reporters. But the SLR in Varan sucks, she's not even spunky!

I can see what you guy s mean about the movie being shot for TV so it looks like poo poo. Especially at the beginning. There's this ancient crazy cult in the remote mountains and a forbidden zone where they say no one can go, but it's all shot completely flat with full light. It's terrible. Later scenes do look better, but the first 15-20 minutes or so really starts the movie off on a very bad foot.

There's a couple shots of Varan in this one they didn't use in the American one where it's super clear that it's just a guy in a suit. Honestly there's too much Varan overall. His opening rampage goes on slightly too long, at the end he's just kinda turning around, filling time being monstery. And the whole sequence of Varan hiding behind some underwater rocks is godawful. Combine all that with the flat TV style and you end up with a very unimpressive monster

The music is bad. There's one song in particular that is like a very bad attempt to make a poor man's version of the Godzilla theme.

There are good parts. I always like a conference room scene. You get some people in a room talking about what they're gonna do about a monster, I'm happy. Some of the army shooting at Varan footage was fine. I'm pretty sure the helicopter they fly in at the end to drop the bomb into Varan shows up a couple times in Ultraman, so it was neat seeing it here. And the shots of Varan catching the bombs on his tongue like snowflakes were adorable. Although I don't think that's what they were going for.

I feel like if there's such a thing as objective movie quality, then clearly the Japanese Varan the Unbelievable is better than the American Varan the Unbelievable. But I think I like the American one better. The characters are stronger and it's 20 minutes shorter. And the American version is bad in weirder ways, which is more entertaining than the Japanese one being bad in boring ways.

But the big takeaway is don't watch Varan the Unbelievable. Either version. They're both bad and boring.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They should keep the Monsterverse going by making lower budget movies with monsters that are cheaper to license.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I really liked the anime trilogy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I liked the idea that any technologically advanced civilization will eventually produce a Godzilla to destroy itself, I like the abstraction of Mothra and MechaGodzilla into different ways humanity could change to deal with Godzilla, I liked the cosmic horror of King Ghidora literally breaking time and space to enter our reality, and I liked the super ridiculously grim tone and the methodical pacing. They had a meeting, came up with a plan, enacted the plan, something went wrong, repeat. That's my kinda sci-fi

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched Godzilla 1984. I didn't really like it.

I think the main thing is that it's really flat. Like, there's not much of a sense of rising tension or stakes or anything. The really limited use of background music definitely hurts it there. Like, there's a nuclear missile headed right for our main characters! They're trying to get a door open. They've been at it awhile, gotta get that door open. Not that they'll be able to escape the blast if they do get it open, but that's the task they're currently at. At the very least play some exciting music over the scenes of these characters vainly trying to open a door for no benefit! And then the missile doesn't kill them, some other offscreen force blows it up first. Thrilling

And speaking of the characters, where are they? Early on there's a scene where the reporter breaks a government gag order to tell the woman that her brother is in the hospital. She is happily reunited with her brother, and then the reporter starts taking pictures and it's like, oh he just set this up for the pictures! That cad! But earlier he seemed genuinely opposed to the government gag order, so it's also kinda like he was trying to get the woman to go to her brother so the government would have to admit that Godzilla is back? And he seemed to genuinely want her to know her brother was alive. So which was his motivation for doing it? Was it all three together? It doesn't matter because it literally never comes up again in any way. The government reveals Godzilla later for a completely different reason, and the woman and her brother don't even mention the reporter... manipulating them? if that's what he actually did? They all become just interchangeable people without personalities. Why did we spend so much time with them then?! Why not take some of that time to set up the Super X pilots so it would be emotional when Godzilla kills them? Or literally anything other than setting up character beats that go nowhere for characters that spend the last 80% of the movie as glorified lab techs?

Now, it's not all bad. The miniatures and Godzilla are fantastic. When Godzilla first shows up in Tokyo it genuinely took me a second to realize that wasn't a composite shot, it really was a huge miniature set that Godzilla was gonna gently caress up. The Godzilla city rampage is just great. I can't say enough good stuff about it.

The scene where the homeless man walks into an evacuated hotel restaurant and makes himself a big meal is also good. It's a really human moment in a movie that's otherwise completely devoid of those.

I'm not crazy about the ending though. They figure Godzilla has bird-like homing abilities so they point a homing beam at him and he walks in a straight line into an open volcano. OK. Well, I guess that solves that. Very exciting.

So yeah overall Godzilla 1984 has fantastic Godzilla action but is otherwise kinda a snooze.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I saw it when it came out in the theater, and the main thing I remember from it is the action chase sequence where King Kong fights some t-rexes and then falls into a pit but gets caught by vines and the t-rexes do to and so they fight while swinging from the vines and then iirc the vines break and King Kong kills the t-rexes on the ground, meanwhile Adrien Brody and his friends are also having an exciting action sequence in a pit fighting giant bugs. The whole thing is like a solid 12 minutes of uninterrupted action, it just goes on for loving ever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I have never felt any desire to play Magic The Gathering. But the ability to make a deck of Godzillas is pretty tempting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just think KOM had a loving terrible main cast aside from Charles Dance. Generic Action Dad from Friday Night Lights is just so bland and terrible.

Early Edition has absolutely nothing likable about him as a character, while also dominating every situation and being completely acceded to at every turn by characters of higher authority and with more knowledge of the situation. It's like they intentionally tried to make the audience hate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shneak posted:

KotM would be a lot better if Bradley Whitford's character wasn't one of the most annoying to ever grace a cinema screen.

quote:

According to director Michael Dougherty, Rick Stanton is loosely based on the character Rick Sanchez from the animated television series Rick and Morty, as reflected in his name, personality, sarcastic sense of humor, and his penchant for drinking.