Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Burkion posted:

Overbreeding and overrunning the ecosystem without any natural predators around to keep them in check.

Like any invasive species, they would have done a lot of harm without meaning to. This is why I specified Ghidorah was actively malicious, compared to them.

There's also a very real subtext of Godzilla getting revenge on the MUTOs for what they did to his kind ages ago, if you want to play that angle. Godzilla basically doesn't give a poo poo about human society, because society rises and falls all the time. He rests on the bones of one old civilization, and should the humans gently caress themselves over he'll rest on their bones as well.

G14 is unironically a very Christian film (as opposed to trash like God’s Not Dead). Godzilla kills a literal nuclear family and it features parents potentially orphaning their biological child to try to save their family (all of humanity).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
SMG is right about this movie being cut to the bone. I hope enough effects work, editing, color grading, etc. has been done to the rest of the footage that we can get a 2.5-3 hour cut of this movie. Otherwise they might as well have just cut out Millie Brown, Kyle Chandler, Lance Reddick, and Brian Henry’s characters and delivered a 75 minute cut instead. In the current movie their characters and scenes they are in don’t really add anything to the movie.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Also I guess I just have a question about the “lore” So is the “power source at the center of the hollow Earth that has the same energy signature as Godzilla” suppose to be the Kong civilization axes? And are the axes scales from dead godzillas? It was unclear to me if the axes were drawing energy from the (unseen) power source or they were the power source (and I guess randomly power themselves up but can also be powered by Godzilla

It reminds me of the Doom Eternal plot that just constantly retcons itself while tripping over a bunch of needlessly complicated lore it introduced for no reason.