Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Do you think God lives in Heaven because He, too, lives in fear of what He's created here on Earth?

SnakesRevenge posted:

It's been said in here before, but Anguirus is to Godzilla is what Krillin is to Goku

Angurius shall marry mechagodzilla 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Do you think God lives in Heaven because He, too, lives in fear of what He's created here on Earth?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Earlier someone here said that the american version of one or more of the godzilla movies was better than the original. Which movie(s) was that?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Does gigan have an origin? Is he just hired by other villains? What is he paid with?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Gabras gonna be in singular point? Was gabra real in the movies? I thought he was just a kids concussion dream.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is Pulgasauri a bull?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is rodan the devil figure to Mothras God?

Rodan did come from a volcano but rodan once knew love.

Or wait, did both rodans die in the original movie?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The condition of the rodan costume was DIRE

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Shiroc posted:

The only thing that can stop a Godzilla with a gun is a Mechagodzilla with a gun.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

It's actually a sequel to the nes game Monster of Monsters

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I want the Mechagodzilla reveal to be a modern shot by shot remake from the original G vs MG

Love that music

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Fan pages are getting really upset about the possibility of mechagodzilla being there so I hope he is.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Big Mean Jerk posted:

...why?

Did they seriously expect it to be a straightforward GvK fight without any surprises?

-In the showa era this would be fine and i'd buy it- but thus far the Legendary films have created a certain continuity of realism that would have a hard time creating a bio organic mech in disguise that would likewise convince the audience.

I can understand having a mechagodzilla. But a Godzilla disguied mechagodzilla? For some reason that seems like a stretch. (And yes i realize the irony in what I just said).

-I think Godzilla can sense the presence of Mechagodzilla and goes on a rampage because of that. Whoever built Mecha G (supposedly this "A.P.E.X.") might be trying to intentionally trigger a Titan war to get the creatures to eradicate themselves. Seems unnecessarily convoluted but whatever.

I don't think what we're seeing is Mechagodzilla in disguise mostly because I think that would betray the entire conciet of the movie. It'd be pulling an Armin Tamzarian all over again. The only in-universe way I can see it justified is if Ghidorah's regenerative abilities were manifested somehow to "grow" Godzilla skin around the mechanical Godzilla they built. But, again, that's kind of a cop-out to me in a film that's supposed to be about Godzilla fighting King Kong.

-Alright, ever since the GODZILLA Vs. KONG trailer came out, two specific subjects have quickly erupted, and I'm gonna my two cents on them in two separate posts. First let's get MechaGodzilla outta the way since he's a quicker topic to get over:

The theory surrounding this is that MechaGodzilla is disguised as Godzilla and is causing around trouble and acting in a behavior that was not displayed in the previous two movies (which I will get into in the next post). Most fans have quickly jumped to the theory because: A) they think it's the only logical conclusion to Godzilla "acting out of character" (to which, again, I will get into later); B) that was the big reveal and introduction in the character's debut film. There are several reasons why this theory ABSOLUTELY MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, both inside and outside the movie:

Why would APEX send MechaGodzilla to attack and destroy their own facilities and resources (which would be a complete waste) all around the globe just to pin it on Godzilla when it would make much more sense to attack random cities to make it look more natural, thus easier to frame Godzilla than leaving an obviously suspicious pattern?
The reason why this worked in 1974 was because it was made by aliens, that is a justifiable reason. Where and how will they get all the material they need to make an artificial skin to cover Godzilla, especially with the enormous arms the new design has?
The biggest reason this doesn't hold up is because — IT WILL PISS OFF THE AUDIENCE! Make no mistake, MechaGodzilla being in the movie is a great added bonus and will no doubt add tons of fun and I welcome it, and in any other movie the Fake Godzilla twist would work, but it doesn't work here because PEOPLE WANT TO SEE KONG FIGHTING THE REAL GODZILLA, NOT AN IMPOSTOR. Why would anyone want that to happen?

Fans waited 59 years for this. 59 years for this crossover to happen. 59 years for a rematch most of us thought would never happen again. 59 years of red tapes and legal disputes that prevented it from happening. After all that time, half a century and nine years later, after FINALLY making the impossible possible, after all that just to reveal that the Godzilla Kong was fighting was a fake and the real one barely showed up in the movie until the very last minute?! GET. THE gently caress. OUTTA HERE!! That is the biggest middle finger to the audience since the Star Wars sequel trilogy screwed over Luke Skywalker and turned him into a total beaten down, runaway loser. That is not only the movie breaking word and not delivering what it promised, but that is killing all chances of generating big profits for a plot twist that works anywhere else but here. MechaGodzilla can work in this movie still without that plot twist, and I'm pretty sure the movie will do just that.
What the theory is suggesting is false advertising, and I'm pretty sure Legendary is smart enough to avoid it if they want this turkey to succeed. I don't care if fans complain the movie "missed the opportunity" to do Fake Godzilla again, I much rather prefer that the opportunity is missed so that we get to see the real Godzilla fight Kong. I rather accept that Godzilla has gone rogue and needs to be taken down a few pegs by Kong than accept that the whole premise of the movie was a total lie.

-Godzilla v Kong trailer finally dropped.

1 - Godzilla being a villain is a great idea. It's a great reason for the 2 to fight and is fitting for the final part of this story.

2 - mechagodzilla does not belong in this movie. This story is about Godzilla vs kong and it should stay that all he's going to do is muddle the story.

3 - this film is more focused on kong which I'm ok with.

4 - this film will clearly not have the cinematography of the other films.

5 - why do you have a kid communicating with the monkey? It's dumb.

Edit:

6 - I'm probably going to have fun with this movie most likely which basically all I care about for these movies at this point.

7 - while it's true that kong always has a relationship with man. I feel off put because kid characters in the last movie being not so interesting.

8 - the main reason I'm ok with kong being the main focus is that Godzilla already had a lot of focus and spotlight on him. Everyone see this as Godzilla winning so of course you focus on the underdog. And I always feel that Kong wasn't explored as a character enough.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's a kids picture book, here's some of the other books in the series:

E: here's some character sketches the illustrator posted to her Instagram about a year ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hta_PnNaN/

godzilla hat confirmed

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Attack on Titanosaurus

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hey Angila!

Whaddaya want?

Something funny goin' on, you better check!

Oh yeah!

Oh thank God I didn't just imagine that

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

wdarkk posted:

Does... that count the anime trilogy?

And the Hanna Barbara cartoon

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

That's a lotta Rodans

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Not sure if this needs to be spoilered but from the SP trailer:

Kumonga or Megalon?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Shin Godzilla

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Most people don't know about the space alien stuff in Godzilla, so using that storyline and then marketing the trailer as a sort of Independence Day-esque sequel before the bait-and-switch has the invader's plan broken up by a surprise Godzilla appearance would cause people to lose their poo poo.

The space gorillas weren't in league with the space cockroaches were they?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Are there just thousands of smaller rodans or is there also a really big one?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I didn't even see the splash at the end of the first movie until I found out about it later and had to see it in a slowed down YouTube video.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The fake whale concept art was so badass and cool I wanted it to be real

I remember this more than most of the movie.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Mighty joe young > son of kong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Has anyone gotten their start at asylum or is that where you wash up after loving up