Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just wanna know why Kong has no dong

I'm serious, it bothers the hell out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Zero One posted:

Overall it was good but I think I liked KOTM more (but I've always been a big Ghidorah fan).

I think all of them are good for somewhat different reasons. G14 was a disaster movie, Skull Island was like a grindhouse throwback crossed with Alien, KOTM was "what if transformers but good", and GvK reminds me of like, pulp 50s serials

It's good stuff all around

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
One thing that was pleasantly surprising was that the kid talking to Kong worked way better than it had any right to work

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Tekne posted:

Am I the only person here who would love to see a Kong: King of the Hollow Earth movie? The big ape just having the time of his life in a trippy landscape to a vangelisesque soundtrack was something I didn't know I needed. It would also be a good vehicle to introduce some other familiar faces.

I'm actually assuming that they were setting up exactly that, and if the series continues that'll be the next one

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I think that this movie has done better than they were expecting by pretty much every metric, so Wingard or no I definitely expect some kind of follow up.

Two words:

MECHA GHIDORAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Godzilla is obviously tsundere for Kong