Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

McSpanky posted:

I'm rewatching Godzilla '14 on HBOmax (still dope af) and there's one thing I still can't figure out -- what exactly causes the explosion that takes out the MUTO egg nest? Brody smashes open a hydrant, which starts pouring water on... something? A bundle of cables? And then suddenly the whole thing goes up like wildfire. Maybe I'm hella dumb but I can't grok the exact cause and effect here.
I always remembered it as him tossing a flare in there (as he should have some) to ignite it, but upon rewatch, nope, no such scene, it just skips straight to it lighting up. I feel there was a scene cut there, but I guess your mind fills it in well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Detective No. 27 posted:

Godzilla and Kong hated each other so much they refused to film thier fight scenes in the same room.
https://twitter.com/thejenna/status/1146492237062299649

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

quote:

I’m reminded here of Slavoj Zizek’s essay “Welcome to the Desert of the Real,” written in the wake of this millennium’s great American out-of-context problem, the 2001 World Trade Center bombing. In the essay, which I hope I’m not going to butcher in my attempt to summarize, please read it for yourself—anyway, in the essay Zizek observes that for people around the world, images of destruction and civic violence are real—things that happen in their context. Americans, by contrast, tend to experience violence as something that happens (a) elsewhere, like, over-oceans elsewhere and (b) in action movies. These two locations tend to blend together into “stuff that happens on the other side of a television screen.” So, for Zizek as of this essay written more than a decade ago, the choice confronting Americans in the wake of September 11 was: either to accept that this sort of thing truly happens, everywhere, that tragedies we reflexively consider fictional were in fact real, that we are all part of the same world living with the same set of concerns—or else reclassify our very own reality as a kind of action movie, and start acting accordingly.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Dangerous Person posted:

I agree. Kong should have had a gun

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Hanuman and the Kamen Riders is nuts, from the robo vampire king and his blood draining machine to the giant Hanuman crushing the villains in order to send them to Hell so that they'll be executed there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOSSptr3MZo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
More terrifying and more dangerous than a kaiju, NFTs threaten our very planet

https://twitter.com/Artist_Bearded/status/1458936062135390211