Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
we intruders cannot let us be suppressed by home owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic

i challenge him to a game of DDR: Mario Mix. winner gets to own the house.

yoober

ask him if he wants to hang out

MrWillsauce

I just go into a different room and lock the door because of social anxiety. I can't deal with that. I would call 911 but talking on the phone is a nightmare. So I'll probably just avoid interacting with him as best I can and only leave my room when I know he's out of the house.

cuntman.net

i run away

JoJoJosephSmith

gently caress them

FluffieDuckie

MrWillsauce posted:

I just go into a different room and lock the door because of social anxiety. I can't deal with that. I would call 911 but talking on the phone is a nightmare. So I'll probably just avoid interacting with him as best I can and only leave my room when I know he's out of the house.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

MrWillsauce

jk I pull out a gun and shoot them obvi. Otherwise I'd have to give up my florida residency and that's a huge hassle.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
i would show this gif to the intruder

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would find my deepest centre and share it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
squatter's rights!

----------------

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
... I'm taken aback at their sense of entitlement, acting as if they live there. also amazed that they have replaced all of my belongings with new items and changed the entire floor plan, exterior, and yard around the house

MrWillsauce

these people are crafty.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Kill, gut and skin them and mount them next to the others

lie still and hope they take what they want and go away, fully prepared to dig down deep into my instincts and release my inner monkey ready to launch into a barrage of furiously flung feces at the intruder until the police arrive

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

FluffieDuckie

Hugh Malone posted:

... I'm taken aback at their sense of entitlement, acting as if they live there. also amazed that they have replaced all of my belongings with new items and changed the entire floor plan, exterior, and yard around the house

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Senior Management

I should probably make them tea and toast I don't want to be rude.

:jerry:

Goons Are Gifts

I'll apologize to them and try to sooth them once they realize that they just wasted their time with a crap home. I don't want to ruin their day like that.

City of Glompton

my new dog posted:

we intruders cannot let us be suppressed by home owners.

just make yourself a lease and tell the home owners to get out of your house

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/couple-fights-to-evict-stranger-from-nampa-home/128686427

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

JoJoJosephSmith

Hugh Malone posted:

guns for tits

I would seat him down make him feel welcome, and calmly state that I am not the person who should be afraid...

While hurriedly wiping away the tears from my face.

Macnult

depends on if they didn't expect me to be there or not.

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macnult posted:

depends on if they didn't expect me to be there or not.

looking for that thing you know

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
little know fact: if an intruder stays in a house for 7 consecutive days without being noticed they are now legally the owners of the house and may evict anyone else living there

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Luvcow posted:

little know fact: if an intruder stays in a house for 7 consecutive days without being noticed they are now legally the owners of the house and may evict anyone else living there

you sometimes run into counter intruders who come in one day later and hide under the intruders bed

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

December Octopodes posted:

you sometimes run into counter intruders who come in one day later and hide under the intruders bed

yeah it's really just laziness on the current homeowners, it's as easy as calling out, "Marco!" and any intruder is legally obligated to return with, "polo!" but people just forget to do that daily

:shrug:

google THIS

Luvcow posted:

actually the current occupants are evicted one by one, so the key is to have a big family or lots of housemates so you have time to recapture the command post

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Everyone in this thread assumes the intruder is flagged for PvP, but what if they aren't?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

actually the current occupants are evicted one by one, so the key is to have a big family or lots of housemates so you have time to recapture the command post

damnit... yeah you're right, just reread my state's laws on this. Also forgot about the legal placement of your home's flag and how much must be visible at all times (it's 5% so can you still hide it pretty good)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Splatmaster posted:

Everyone in this thread assumes the intruder is flagged for PvP, but what if they aren't?

that sucks when that happens. the other day i had a dude just walk in and start opening chests in my house and just taking stuff and there was nothing i could do :(

Senior Management

Luvcow posted:

that sucks when that happens. the other day i had a dude just walk in and start opening chests in my house and just taking stuff and there was nothing i could do :(

contact a GM and get your stuff reimbursed. Opening claimed chests is supposed to flag them.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Vynar posted:

contact a GM and get your stuff reimbursed. Opening claimed chests is supposed to flag them.

i'll try, unfortunately the guy walked outside and got hit by a truck and when his body disappeared the only thing there was a little bag with like 5 copper coins in it, everything else was just gone but apparently the truck got 10xp

:smith:

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

I'd poo poo myself. If he's responding to my craigslist ad hell be aroused by this and if he isn't responding to my craigslist ad... well... you never start a fight with a guy who pooped his pants that's like rule #1

Edit: rule #2 is be home for supper

MrWillsauce

one time I came home late and the intruders had started eating supper without me

Senior Management

I am going to break into GSJG's house and make some gourmet pasta for him and his wife. I will leave out a nice bottle of wine but it won't pair well with the meal. Then I will escape unnoticed.

MrWillsauce

some villainous poo poo, vymar

Robot Made of Meat

GSJG only drinks the finest boxed wine.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

treasure bear

put on a fake scottish accent and shout at them

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Luvcow posted:

i'll try, unfortunately the guy walked outside and got hit by a truck and when his body disappeared the only thing there was a little bag with like 5 copper coins in it, everything else was just gone but apparently the truck got 10xp

:smith:

have you had a chance to replace your belongings?

i'm asking for a friend

barfdog

i buy him a beer. he's done well to get past all my deathtraps.

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Splatmaster posted:

If you mark your house as your capital home they will be automatically flagged for PvP when they try to enter.

Except when they got the secret passphrase for your gate.

• Locked thread