Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Disappointing Eliminated Team
This poll is closed.
Sixers 5 3.73%
Lakers 4 2.99%
Nets 1 0.75%
Suns 4 2.99%
Timberwolves 3 2.24%
Pelicans 20 14.93%
Knicks 1 0.75%
Bucks 8 5.97%
Kings 1 0.75%
Nuggets 2 1.49%
Magic 0 0%
Jazz 5 3.73%
Wizards 18 13.43%
Bulls 33 24.63%
I'm Happy My Team Missed The Playoffs 11 8.21%
Team Canada 18 13.43%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is an experimental thread to see if we as NBA posters can support a thread for fans of eliminated teams like some other sports do.

Post your TNT "Gone Fishin'" photos here and I'll edit them into the OP. Also, Post your thoughts about your now irrelevant NBA basketball team. What are your hopes for the off season? Who do you think they should hire or fire as coach. Post pictures of NBA players doing things together in their vacation that would've been considered unseemly in a more ignorant generation.

Or, post about fishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like to drink beers and fish with my friends over in Arkansas. My team is still in the playoffs but has to face probably the Spurs so I'll see y'all in 4 games

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The Lakers suck so badly they don't even get a gone fishing photo :smith:

I hope the lottery is kind to them, and they're unkind to Byron Scott

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Fishing is dumb and boring and so are the Jazz :(

But they'll probably be okay next year if they can improve the bench and Exum is an even marginal improvement at point, they got pretty boned by injury luck this year. And by okay I mean, like, swept in the first round by the Spurs or something

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 14, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm glad the Lakers missed the playoffs. It was a tough season but it'll pay off in the long run. Stealth tanking owns.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Knicks are in solid position to maybe win more than 30 games next year. free Carmelo from his hell and get assets, I say

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Sonics, Bitch. gently caress David Stern. :colbert:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I honestly don't know how I'll feel until I know if the Lakers are going to get a draft pick this year, and I don't even know how I feel about that. As much as it might invalidate this season if the Lakers lose the pick (although to me, the development of the young players was actually what this season was about), I think they might be better off drafting next year. Plus I'm tired of always dealing with having to worry about losing the pick. But, losing this pick means that the Lakers also lose a first round pick to Orlando in in 2-4 years. Is moving into next year's draft worth another future pick? Not if they get 1 or 2 probably, but 3? I dunno, I might rather have a pick next year than Dragan Bender.

I think I'll know more about how I feel about the Lakers once the lottery happens.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My team is playing the Warriors in the first round, can I post here

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Sure but they might win a game :smith:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Wittman has apparently been let go. Now if only Grunfeld could follow him out the door.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

I honestly don't know how I'll feel until I know if the Lakers are going to get a draft pick this year, and I don't even know how I feel about that. As much as it might invalidate this season if the Lakers lose the pick (although to me, the development of the young players was actually what this season was about), I think they might be better off drafting next year. Plus I'm tired of always dealing with having to worry about losing the pick. But, losing this pick means that the Lakers also lose a first round pick to Orlando in in 2-4 years. Is moving into next year's draft worth another future pick? Not if they get 1 or 2 probably, but 3? I dunno, I might rather have a pick next year than Dragan Bender.

I think I'll know more about how I feel about the Lakers once the lottery happens.

Don't worry! The Lakers will be bad next year, too! :D

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

C. Everett Koop posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Don't worry! The Lakers will be bad next year, too! :D

Yeah, that's a real possibility, that the Lakers could win the draft and still finish last next year. Especially if the league makes the Sixers compete.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I hope the Bulls are dismantled and never spoken of again.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

someone said the wolves are gonna win 50 next year and I agree with that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Zas posted:

someone said the wolves are gonna win 50 next year and I agree with that

He wolves are really promising but people are getting way ahead of themselves i think

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm glad the Lakers missed the playoffs. It was a tough season but it'll pay off in the long run. Stealth tanking owns.

I'd describe it more as tanking with an excuse, since everybody with a brain knew they would be crap.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

MourningView posted:

He wolves are really promising but people are getting way ahead of themselves i think

50 moral wins anyway

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

schmitty9800 posted:

I'd describe it more as tanking with an excuse, since everybody with a brain knew they would be crap.

I can't believe there are people out there that thought they were a playoff team . . . there were even a few people here!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Stern made the correct decision :colbert:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dallas will be here in 3 somehow

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012
I'm going to drive to Utah, shove Trey Burke and Raul Neto into my lovely camry and drive off a cliff. Please will my ligaments to dante exum so that he may rise from the ashes like a phoenix

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Pretty optimistic about the Nuggets. Jokic could be all rookie 2nd team, Harris and Barton improved by leaps and bounds, and Mudiay didn't look like a total bust. This team was expected to be one of the shittiest in the league and they were only kinda bad. We get three 1st rounders to play around with, too. If Gallinari and Wilson Chandler can stop being loving injured all the time we could have a decent shot at the playoffs next year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jokic should be all rookie first team pretty easily and would have a great argument for rookie of the year if KAT didn't exist.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I have no gosh danged idea what the suns should do but they should stop losing. Also probably shoulda kept on acquiring all the point guards.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Oh yeah, and we took a game off the best regular season team of all time again :smugdog:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The magic are like a cheap knockoff of the wolves and they aren't even good anyway.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

MourningView posted:

Jokic should be all rookie first team pretty easily and would have a great argument for rookie of the year if KAT didn't exist.

What happened to Nurkic? I remember some writers loved him last season. Because Jokic seems like a solid choice for that position going forward.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jack's Flow posted:

What happened to Nurkic? I remember some writers loved him last season. Because Jokic seems like a solid choice for that position going forward.

He was hurt for a huge chunk of the year

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jack's Flow posted:

now that they're both back, Malone is playing them together and bringing Faried off the bench

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Tonight, ESPN is airing a 30 for 30 about the 90s Magic team with Shaq and Penny.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
My two favorite teams are the suns and the woofies. They both sucked pretty bad this year. I guess if Phoenix manages to wrangle a top 2 pick they might be in better shape for next year. Ship out Knight and get Devin Booker on some HGH.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Some good fly fishing up here in Maine

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I can fish from my yard or deck while playing with my pup! Catfish and perch are the most common catches. Every now and then, you can get a bass or garfish or alligator snapping turtle or just an alligator. (all except the actual gator have happened to me or family while fishing from this dock before)

----

Anthony Davis doesn't care for seafood so I'm not sure if he will be fishing. Hopefully, he gets some inspiration and works some more on various hook shots and how to anchor a good defense.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

I can fish from my yard or deck while playing with my pup! Catfish and perch are the most common catches. Every now and then, you can get a bass or garfish or alligator snapping turtle or just an alligator. (all except the actual gator have happened to me or family while fishing from this dock before)

----

Anthony Davis doesn't care for seafood so I'm not sure if he will be fishing. Hopefully, he gets some inspiration and works some more on various hook shots and how to anchor a good defense.

Good dog

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All the good fishing spots are privatized in NJ or are stocked with crap fish that aren't fun to catch. Most people fish off bridges in the middle of civilization.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Oh boy, Grunfeld not fired as he is leading the search for a new coach. Can't wait for another stellar draft.....oh wait you traded that for loving Markieff Morris.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

All the good fishing spots are privatized in NJ or are stocked with crap fish that aren't fun to catch. Most people fish off bridges in the middle of civilization.

That's actually illegal in my little region of south Louisiana. Instead, people pull onto the shoulder of the road and walk to the river bank to fish. :v:

e: one cool thing is that all the restaurants along the road have docks across the street so it isn't extremely unusual to see people stop by on their boats during lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Who wants to talk Timberwolves? I wanna talk Timberwolves.

So Sam Mitchell is out which is sorta bittersweet. He costs you Ws but the development of pretty much every player not named Adrien Payne has been spectacular. I was the guy who was saying (sort of tongue in cheek) that the Wolves will win 50 next year but that may or may not be a good thing. It'll depend on who they get.

When Joerger was looking like he was going to get canned he was my top choice. His teams play hard, he coaches good defense, he's from the area so he will get a lot of rope. I doubt Memphis jumps ship on him so soon. Thibs would be next, but I think he wants a team better prepared to win and a bigger market, he seems like the kind of guy who would prefer a bigger market.

• Locked thread