Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cithen posted:

When is the next good time to join the game and how much does it matter?
I don't think it matters that much when you join, except to say the sooner you start the less events and rewards you miss.

Tsurupettan posted:

I applied to the guild. Is there any guide/tips on what to do with class for Gran/Djeeta? There's so many choices I am lost.

Like others have said, Dark Fencer is the way to go. Its so good early on because it interacts with the game mechanics in interesting ways, plus its skills are useful later on for other classes. And it's great later on to come back to when you've unlocked skills from other classes that compliment it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Psiwri gave me one of their accounts, thanks!

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Just started playing the game a couple of days ago, and finished Chapter 2. I heard about it a while ago but wanted to wait for the English version first. Not that knowing the plot is hugely vital, but I still like to have the full experience. Seems pretty fun so far.

dra600n
May 2, 2014
Figured I would add a few things that might help a few people who're rerolling or just starting out.

First of all there's a limit as to how much you can reroll per day. It's 10 times though I think it's a rolling amount per 24 hours (If you made a couple rerolls at 1pm and then another 8 at 7pm then you could roll 2 tomorrow at 1pm and another 8 at 7pm. You can get around this by using a vpn to register (you can turn it off after it creates your account to make running through the tutorial easier/faster and turn it back on when you want to reroll again). When you hit the 10 reg limit you can just switch countries to reset the counter.

There's also some settings on the mobage website which'll turn off most if not all of the email spam. Here's a reddit link for that: https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/4f2edj/guide_disable_mobage_emails/

I made the mistake of salting my primary email for this and was inundated with a ton of status updates from the reroll accounts. Oops.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So I found out today that the Co-Op boss for stage 2 is Level 50. It was probably a bad idea to select it with two low rank Crewmates in tow, but we were doing fine for the rest of the battles and I didn't think it would go quite that high. Still, we managed to get the kill in so all's well that ends well!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Coop is weird like that as some bosses are a right snorefest, friends and I did a buffed up EX Coop Ifrit and he was about as threatening as a lone fire ant, whereas this random crab mob was dropping huge aoe nukes and reflect in our faces.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

dra600n posted:

Figured I would add a few things that might help a few people who're rerolling or just starting out.

First of all there's a limit as to how much you can reroll per day. It's 10 times though I think it's a rolling amount per 24 hours (If you made a couple rerolls at 1pm and then another 8 at 7pm then you could roll 2 tomorrow at 1pm and another 8 at 7pm. You can get around this by using a vpn to register (you can turn it off after it creates your account to make running through the tutorial easier/faster and turn it back on when you want to reroll again). When you hit the 10 reg limit you can just switch countries to reset the counter.

There's also some settings on the mobage website which'll turn off most if not all of the email spam. Here's a reddit link for that: https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/4f2edj/guide_disable_mobage_emails/

I made the mistake of salting my primary email for this and was inundated with a ton of status updates from the reroll accounts. Oops.

Thanks for this. Took me a bit to find the Mobage options in the Chrome App though.

In the New pages scroll down to the bottom and select the Home button.

Hit the X in the top left corner if there's a popup.

Select the Rubik's cube in the top right corner and select the cog in the menu that pops up.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Applied to the crew as Foecast (I'll change it to Haerc when I can).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Stupid just getting started question: I have the Beginner's Character Weapon ticket, is there any reason to hang on to this or should I just roll away?
Also have 2 Premium Draw Tickets, does the 2x SSR apply to this and thus I should wait until that to use them?

Also is there any way to get the game to behave a little nicer in the phone browser? Like in Safari the screen can slide left/right which is annoying for scrolling up pages and such. I tried Chrome but then the screen kept getting stuck off-centered and it wasn't any better really. Does the Chrome plugin work on the mobile browser version?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
If its on the premium draw page hoard till legend, if on rupi draw then draw whenever.

There's a more complicated thing where you can roll 300 times then are able to pick a promoted character. But it has to be done during how long the rate up is. And always double check they're actually on the selection.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

^^^ e: beaten like getting on a raid on my ipad. :argh: ^^^

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Stupid just getting started question: I have the Beginner's Character Weapon ticket, is there any reason to hang on to this or should I just roll away?
Also have 2 Premium Draw Tickets, does the 2x SSR apply to this and thus I should wait until that to use them?

I would like to know about the beginner ticket as well. That and the tickets from the codes on page 1.

The premium draw though is affected by the rate increase if I heard correctly so wait on those at least.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Alright gotcha. Next dumb question: The game tells me to complete registration to get 1k stones, but I logged in via Google+? I tried following the instructions on that forum for registration, but it does not match the screens I see at all.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Alright gotcha. Next dumb question: The game tells me to complete registration to get 1k stones, but I logged in via Google+? I tried following the instructions on that forum for registration, but it does not match the screens I see at all.

You can't do it unless you got a Japanese cell number

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

How do I actually buy the 3000 MobaCoin so I can buy Yoda with the special pick?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Tsurupettan posted:

How do I actually buy the 3000 MobaCoin so I can buy Yoda with the special pick?

The only method I know that works is that I logged into my account via bluestacks and used google play to pay for it with my debit card.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Tsurupettan posted:

You probably need to buy it through Google Play Store/Apple App Store, so you'll have to download the app on a phone through QooApp or whatnot.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Thanks, that worked. I hope I don't regret Yoda. He looks rad as gently caress though!

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Tsurupettan posted:

Thanks, that worked. I hope I don't regret Yoda. He looks rad as gently caress though!

He's pretty cool and one shots "hard" bosses with that infamous charge attack of his.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yoda is kinda hit/miss, he'll ease your early-mid game by quite abit, but can be a severe liability in pro-longed battles.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

So I've been thinking about heading up a second Crew since the first one filled so fast but I don't know how that stuff works yet, is there any way to screw things up as you go?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Oh cool, there's a Granblue thread on this forum now.

I've been playing for a while, feel free to send a friend request - 6296328 - and it would be great if can mention you're a goon in your Profile. I have some decent summons for use, such as Grand Order - good if your team has 3+ different elements in its line-up.

Haven't tried the Maniac versions of the Street Fighter bosses, though I can do EX reasonably easy.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Psiwri posted:

So I've been thinking about heading up a second Crew since the first one filled so fast but I don't know how that stuff works yet, is there any way to screw things up as you go?

Make it and I'll join; at that point we're already screwed so don't stress the rest!

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

Space Flower posted:

Make it and I'll join; at that point we're already screwed so don't stress the rest!

Well, I'm convinced.

Crew: Screwball
My ID: 9419093

Psiwri fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 18, 2016

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Psiwri posted:

Well, I'm convinced.

Crew name: Screwball

Donate cash so you can rank up and get more slots. You will need to scout to send invites and once they accept you will have to approve them. You can set ranks and also set what the ranks can do. Get some cash to buy some upgrade parts for your airship so you get the bonuses. The bonuses cost couple thousand rupees every 3 days to keep active.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Psiwri posted:

Well the ideal buffs are potion/meter/drops, drops is probably the most important one to have.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
How many rupees do things cost at higher levels? I'm wondering how much I should save, donate, or waste on draws since I have not had to spend very much yet.

Cheap Trick posted:

Oh cool, there's a Granblue thread on this forum now.

I've been playing for a while, feel free to send a friend request - 6296328 - and it would be great if can mention you're a goon in your Profile. I have some decent summons for use, such as Grand Order - good if your team has 3+ different elements in its line-up.
Sent you a request for that sweet sweet Grand Order +attack. I spent the weekend picking Grand Order as much as possible to blaze through as much of the story mode as I could while the half cost AP event was going.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

A couple of my friends In our crew with Yoda always make some of us salty when we're beating up some boss and then wham. One million damage fight over, MVP stolen. Like it is true that he falls off past early midgame but during that beginning period it is not even a contest, Yoda destroys all and gets his own power tier.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

grrarg posted:

How many rupees do things cost at higher levels? I'm wondering how much I should save, donate, or waste on draws since I have not had to spend very much yet.

Sent you a request for that sweet sweet Grand Order +attack. I spent the weekend picking Grand Order as much as possible to blaze through as much of the story mode as I could while the half cost AP event was going.

Accepted you and geektox.

Grand Order and support like Proto Bahamut to a lesser extent are great when levelling a mish-mash of new characters.

I'd advise that you save up as much rupees as you can, because doing higher-level Uncaps costs a bunch. Don't spend it on Draw unless you have good gear and you really need to gamble for "+ weapons" to feed into them.

And remember: have fun and don't stress about the grind:

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 18, 2016

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Thanks for the add! I've always liked the idea of multi-colored team in PAD but was too garbage at puzzles to play 'em. I got in the 70-roll gatcha late but got some pretty solid Fire characters (Metera, Heles, Anna) and then got Yuel with my surprise tickets. Hopefully one day I'll get some good dudes in other colours.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Geektox posted:

Thanks for the add! I've always liked the idea of multi-colored team in PAD but was too garbage at puzzles to play 'em. I got in the 70-roll gatcha late but got some pretty solid Fire characters (Metera, Heles, Anna) and then got Yuel with my surprise tickets. Hopefully one day I'll get some good dudes in other colours.

High-five, Yuel surprise ticket buddy. Well technically I got her via Start Dash, but close enough.

Remember to save your gems/tickets, the next Legend Fest (or whatever it's called in English now. Legend Gala?) is coming up in a couple of weeks. Double your chances to get SSRs. Or, y'know, :homebrew:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Psiwri posted:

Well, I'm convinced.

Crew: Screwball

Added to the OP. When are your strike times?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So I just started playing and I'm wondering if its possible to get Rashid and Karin if theres 6 or so days left on the event.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Rashid and Ryu you still have a decent chance to finish out their loyalty grind even if you're new. Karin and ChunLi thought it's not likely.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Karin and ChunLi thought it's not likely.

You'd need some serious luck with Hard mode boss drops. At least you can get some good stuff from the event shop regardless.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

So I want in on this but I donīt want to do the rerolls, does anyone still have any accounts to give out?

I also seems to be unable to figure out how to get this actually on my phone, when I click the chrome app link I just get the option to add a notification to add it on my computer?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cheap Trick posted:

You'd need some serious luck with Hard mode boss drops. At least you can get some good stuff from the event shop regardless.

One friend I know who just started at the beginning of this event has almost grinded out the loyalty completely on Ryu and Rashid and says he thinks he'll be able to complete Karin but not ChunLi, so it seems likely a new person will be able to get the loyalty still with all the days left. Getting the hard mode boss drops seems like it would take a lot of time farming some boring bosses, so even if it was possible, I wouldn't really recommend it.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

milward posted:

So I want in on this but I donīt want to do the rerolls, does anyone still have any accounts to give out?

I also seems to be unable to figure out how to get this actually on my phone, when I click the chrome app link I just get the option to add a notification to add it on my computer?

Not sure about the second thing but If you want I have an extra account with a pretty good wind start, just PM me your email.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

LIMBO KING posted:

Not sure about the second thing but If you want I have an extra account with a pretty good wind start, just PM me your email.

Sent, thanks

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Potsticker posted:

One friend I know who just started at the beginning of this event has almost grinded out the loyalty completely on Ryu and Rashid and says he thinks he'll be able to complete Karin but not ChunLi, so it seems likely a new person will be able to get the loyalty still with all the days left. Getting the hard mode boss drops seems like it would take a lot of time farming some boring bosses, so even if it was possible, I wouldn't really recommend it.

I got Chun-Li in one afternoon (I missed out on Granblue Fighter the first time around), though I found it slightly monotonous.

Worth it to hear Norio Wakamoto as Vega being beaten up repeatedly.

Also, well done Cygames for putting the Car Stage into Arcade Mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milward
Nov 5, 2009

So I got an account, thanks a lot LIMBO KING, but I am unable to log in to it.

After I click the link in the mail I got, it is my email, the password and the captcha in that order I should fill in?
Or am I doing something wrong? Because it is not working.

• Locked thread