Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
The game does look very pretty at max details IMO, and I am getting a steady 60+fps, never a stutter. More than I can say or most new games these days, even on a high end PC like mine.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

I hate aldrich for what he did

deep dish peat moss

There are a lot of enemies in this game that are just so frightening in how they look and sound that they become harder to fight with b ecause they make you nervous through the entire fight. That feeling goes away after a few play throughs I'm sure but how did you feel the first time you fought one of these guys

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Shakill OReal posted:

There are a lot of enemies in this game that are just so frightening in how they look and sound that they become harder to fight with b ecause they make you nervous through the entire fight. That feeling goes away after a few play throughs I'm sure but how did you feel the first time you fought one of these guys

Looks like my neighbours dog.

<3 <3 Vanisher

CupNoodle

Please take care
Please be careful
Please take care by being careful
It took me forever to figure out that the worm guys put exploding worms on you. I couldn't figure out why I was taking bleeding damage.

hemale in pain

does it run okay on the ps4? i could get it for pc but my friend stole his xbox controller back!

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo

hemale in pain posted:

does it run okay on the ps4? i could get it for pc but my friend stole his xbox controller back!

Its crashed 3 times for me, some mountains look slimy

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Senior Management

gently caress the sun baby.

:jerry:

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i might post some more vids. still stuck pvping after skeleton priest

----------------

im cute

Shakill OReal posted:

I just killed Pontiff and I thought he was real easy, one of the easiest bosses yet. He didn't do much, he only swung on me a couple times and my sword stunned him every 2 hits.

Ain't that the truth.

Pro Target

beat the game, Demon Fist Pyromancer Build Here I come!!

treasure bear

Pro Target posted:

Oughta call this game Demon Souls 2

that can be the secret name known only to the fans

treasure bear

Pro Target posted:

beat the game, Demon Fist Pyromancer Build Here I come!!

congrats pro target i hope you enjoyed it as much as bloodborne

Pro Target

I really, really like the mechanics and I think theyre the best of any of the games.the lore and story stuff on the other handis extremely weird and im not sure how to make a coherent reading of it right now. theres basic issues w/ the timeline...the midgame reveal gave me the tingles though

Pro Target

I didnt do any pvp except killing a handful of invaders and didnt figure out how to join the darkmoon covenant (my fave) so ive got that coming up too

Pro Target

I missed a ton of areas im sure and the other endings ive heard involve some fairly esoteric sh*t too

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Did the Lord of Hollows ending, kinda cool.
I might do one more run.. pyromancer or some poo poo but it seems rather loving tedious to do. Didn't like the casting system very much.

<3 <3 Vanisher

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
does coop work on level or weapon level or what suddenly i cant help where before i was a frequent yellow friend

----------------

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Afaik, you get "scaled down" to the level of your friend.

<3 <3 Vanisher

bacalou

allowing invading red phantoms to heal is really dumb

im cute

bacalou posted:

allowing invading red phantoms to heal is really dumb

grabbing a sippy is like the most punishable act you can perform in that game. i mean that both in-game with swords and also online with salty PSN messages

bacalou

paco650 posted:

grabbing a sippy is like the most punishable act you can perform in that game. i mean that both in-game with swords and also online with salty PSN messages

it was in dark souls 1 and 2 but 3's speed is almost up there with blood vials. one roll with even a single environmental enemy nearby is more than enough distance for a grip and sip

Pro Target

play to win.

bacalou

i've found a great dedicated strategy is to have a summoned phantom attack the invader and you just constantly throw lloyd talismans

bacalou

Pro Target posted:

play to win.

theres a difference between playing to win and from being a poo poo for drawing out fights over 15 minutes because the red invader just keeps pulling us through the entire level trying for chip damage when the enemy rushes, healing over and over and over. it's not fun, it's not entertaining or engaging, it's just a waste of time that culminates on me having less estus and more souls

bacalou

invasions went from tense pvp duels in dark souls 2 to spamming estus and chipping off the dumb white phantoms while host endlessly performs summon help no jutsu near a bonfire until the invasion timer wears off

this kind of poo poo will end up with ganking being the standard meta just to get poo poo done.

Pro Target

play to win

treasure bear

Pro Target posted:

play to win

im too busy tying my shoe laces together to do this

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i might post a nother dark souls video
here is the preview:

----------------

bacalou

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va2mjRMtUdM
i like p v p just go there and wear the aldrich covenant thing and u will never stop fighting

----------------

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

my new dog posted:

i might post a nother dark souls video
here is the preview:

this is me in blood borne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jL3TG0T5mY

I am hoping to be able to get around to looking at purchasing DS3 sometime in the fall. Maybe if it's close enough to winter, I can get it during black friday~

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Scaly Haylie

deep dish peat moss

bacalou posted:

theres a difference between playing to win and from being a poo poo for drawing out fights over 15 minutes because the red invader just keeps pulling us through the entire level trying for chip damage when the enemy rushes, healing over and over and over. it's not fun, it's not entertaining or engaging, it's just a waste of time that culminates on me having less estus and more souls

Invaders who retreat to further enemies are the most frustrating part of this game, but if they're doing that it's because they're not good at pvp and will walk right in to your greatsword swings. Ultimately I know that if someone is retreating to enemies instead of fighting me, they have no hope of winning the battle and I proceed as if they're just a regular hollowed except with an estus flask.

deep dish peat moss

It feels good to waste 30minutes of an invader's time where they run through rat holes and around corners to estus up like that girl in Nacho Libre only to finally confront them at the boss door, killing them in 10 seconds by stamina breaking their block and one-shotting them with a critical.

bacalou

you must run into a different crowd of invaders then. most of mine are estoc-wielding parry-happy nutjobs that just whiff their parry or combo and then run back when i push with pyromancy or my axe

Senior Management

can you get a pet puppy in this game?

:jerry:

Scaly Haylie

Vynar posted:

can you get a pet puppy in this game?

I think you want MGSV.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I have never played PVP in any dark souls game cuz I don't wanna buy an online sub. doesn't really sound like my experience is any worse

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think you want MGSV.
like this game wouldn't be improved by a cute doge.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

Chill la Chill posted:

like this game wouldn't be improved by a cute doge.

i don't disagree, but there are games with cute dogs already available.

• Locked thread