Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, what did Oneida do? I remember the guy being one of the hardest working at promoting VF and then he vanished at some point?

Cheated on his girlfriend and attempted to solicit nudes from and actually sent nudes to a 16 year old.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

darealkooky posted:

I CAN NOT believe the guy who made a public showing of how they made skullgirls less pervy (but then left in this and a ton of other hentai poo poo in the game)

could turn out to actually be kind of an rear end in a top hat that publicly says one thing but believes another. no way. not mike Z, the guy who made a funny video where he spoke in a stereotype accent 12 years ago.

You just wanted an excuse to post that picture. Admit it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

FWIW this guy might be leaving a number of details out of the picture

For what it's worth, there is this on that subject:

https://twitter.com/MrBeezul/status/1277744024938414081?s=20

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

MechaX posted:

For what it's worth, there is this on that subject:

https://twitter.com/MrBeezul/status/1277744024938414081?s=20

This is about to get real messy oh man

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

i will say - those are, in fact, some big anime tiddies

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sorry to butt in with this during all of this but uh...

I played Battle for the Grid last night and that game is honestly kinda dope

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Captain Baal posted:

Sorry to butt in with this during all of this but uh...

I played Battle for the Grid last night and that game is honestly kinda dope

It's way better than it honestly has any right to be

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Power rangers are kinda lame though

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Zeether posted:

I still get heated every time I see Dyne's name come up because that fucker ruined the Virtua Fighter discord server I was in by purely by being there due to his posse following him in and being just as insufferable.

I don't even know if there's a cleaner VF server because Oneida turned out to be a creepo too.

(please Sega port VF5FS to a newer console or PC)

Having met Dyne IRL, it's easy to see how he gets a posse. He was just the nicest guy to a nobody like me and was nothing but super helpful and humble, though you could definitely tell he was a little weird around the edges. He got into a lot of trouble with the Vampire Savior community over some transphobic comments, because as nice as he is, he also has some backwards views and doesn't shy away from an internet poo poo flinging contest. If not for those backwards views I'd be right there in his posses but, unfortunately, the WORST people have no such qualms and will brigade anyone who takes a shot and their friend who's good at pushing buttons.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

mycot posted:

After everything said about the SG workplace let them eat each other alive, imo.
Wait what? Can we get some details?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Fruitsnacks posted:

Wait what? Can we get some details?

Like, pretty much everything posted on the last two pages? :confused:

edit: In all seriousness, Mrs. Cringey about her thirst for anime little boys and Mr. Totally doesn't have anger issues are not nearly as at fault as Mike Z, who deserves this. But at this point I'm for just throwing it all in the trash. Except for Sonicfox, who is, somehow, still spotless.

mycot fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 30, 2020

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Overbite posted:

What the gently caress?

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

mycot posted:

Like, pretty much everything posted on the last two pages? :confused:
Oops my bad. I thought you might be talking about other incidents involving the SG devs unrelated to the current blowup.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Overbite posted:

:frogout:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Overbite posted:

No

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Overbite posted:

So is this Bulk or Skull's account?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Extra Large Marge posted:

But bulk and skull thought the power rangers were cool what the gently caress is wrong with you

I’ve heard some hairbrained things in my time...

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

darealkooky posted:

I CAN NOT believe the guy who made a public showing of how they made skullgirls less pervy (but then left in this and a ton of other hentai poo poo in the game)

could turn out to actually be kind of an rear end in a top hat that publicly says one thing but believes another. no way. not mike Z, the guy who made a funny video where he spoke in a stereotype accent 12 years ago.

Looks like a decent anti-air, I don't see anything wrong

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Extra Large Marge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqf-oyKhcSw

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Even Bulk and Skull came around and started thinking the Rangers were cool

so I have no idea what that poster is on about (and by other poster, I don't mean Extra Large Marge, I'm talking about this Power Ranger Slander)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

holy gently caress

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Power Rangers are lame and that game looks like MvCI in dayglo body stockings

edit: visually, I mean. It's fun but I cannot care about it

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 30, 2020

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need more quantum power

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Baal posted:

I need more quantum power

It's always funny to me that Daniel Southworth got his break basically playing Baby Vergil

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Battle For the Grid owns and I want to play it, Shadow Ranger for life

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

dragon enthusiast posted:

dyne is still a mod on the fightcade discord afaik

Last page but yeah he is.
Guess it can't hurt to ask here too, I'm having a weird issue with Fightcade 1 that started randomly happening but won't go away, so maybe someone here has dealt with it and knows a fix. Whenever I open a game to set buttons, through the emulator itself or launching it in Fightcade, the game runs fine. When I try to connect to another player it slows to a crawl, with the framerate going to a seconds per frame level of slow and the sound stuttering to keep to match, like it's loading a state over and over. I've tried this with multiple games and multiple people (Zand was one, he might be able to describe it better), and it occurred every time, and the other player saw it too. I asked in the official discord what to do and Shine's response was that it was a frameskipping issue and that's just something that happens with Fightcade 1; all the fixes they had were for Fightcade 2. I'll go back and check if there were recommendations, but is this something I could potentially suss out and fix or am I just stuck not being able to use Fightcade?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/BunnyAyu/status/1277667387677052929

if you go to the replies she posts the dm conversation. its honestly extremely funny because shes full on 'thank you for making a game with so much fanservice' and talking about how much she loves big anime titties and hes full on jaw hitting the floor wolf noises and says some extremely weird reply guy poo poo

its not the worst thing in the world and she was clearly somewhat engaging with him so its not like, entirely unprompted but he took a basic flirting convo to a weird place basically. he doesnt say anything full on harassment so im not sure a public callout was necessary but well, its the year 2020

Elephunk posted:

maybe i just read 900 pages of the lowtax thread and i'm in a weird place but that reads as more pathetic and unaffective than gross or stalker-esque

Pretty much what I think.

There is spectrum to these things. And this is on the lowend.

EDIT - Just say Beezul's twitter posts. Guess it depends on whether he's telling the truth or not.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 30, 2020

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
There are other allegations. Mike hasn't actually assaulted anyone afaik but he does seem incapable of talking to a woman without being both creepy and demeaning or bringing up his penis.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
With just how Mike Z has operated on Twitter what with basically almost seeking out people to try and get into internet fights with, combined with having heard some rumbling from other communities that yeah he is just kind of an obnoxious rear end to be around, yeah all the stuff about working with him sounds extremely believable. Really this all makes me wonder if Lab Zero could survive needing a new lead coder, what with all of the seemingly constant issues they have had anytime they try and do anything.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Black Mage Knight posted:

Really this all makes me wonder if Lab Zero could survive needing a new lead coder
He isn't the lead coder on Indivisible, although he is the main game designer.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Chev posted:

He isn't the lead coder on Indivisible, although he is the main game designer.

So Lab Zero has no reason to keep Mike Z.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Is there a reasonable review of Battle for the Grid out there anywhere? I seriously have seen like 2 now that are like "it's a mediocre fighting game" then in the comments "I don't really play fighting games" lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are no reasonable reviews for fighting games.

Battle for the Grid in particular launched in a blatantly unfinished state, so any reviews that exist are probably just complaining about a lack of content, character balance, etc in ways that are no longer relevant.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jawdins posted:

Is there a reasonable review of Battle for the Grid out there anywhere? I seriously have seen like 2 now that are like "it's a mediocre fighting game" then in the comments "I don't really play fighting games" lol

Your best bet would be to watch Sajam learn the game on stream, where he does it in steps like playing the tutorial, messing around in training mode, fighting other people online, watching tournament footage, playing people again, etc

Besides being an abstract review, it's also a good lesson on how to learn a new game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EW_9TkxipQ

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I just realised that Battle for the Grid is not being sold here in Malaysia...but their DLC is. What.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There are no reasonable reviews for fighting games.

Battle for the Grid in particular launched in a blatantly unfinished state, so any reviews that exist are probably just complaining about a lack of content, character balance, etc in ways that are no longer relevant.

Fighting game reviews, especially for niche fighting games, are always trash.

After having put a few hours into it now, I can say that the mechanics are honestly way better than you'd expect. The game is absolutely full of really high damage combos and extremely degenerate mixups. The damage is overall much, much higher than something like MVC2, minus that this game doesn't have many infinites and the ones that did show up have mostly been patched out.

I was never any good at MVC2, but playing this feels really similar in that the pressure generated by mixups and extremely powerful assists generally leads into high damage combos that either reset into pressure or dump into high damage with meter. It's not uncommon for the top tier characters to be able to deal 60+% damage from a solid hit in any screen position. In fact, probably the big difference between something like MVC2 and this is that most of the cast in BFTG is capable of two touching at minimum, and some can actually TOD off of a throw even.

What makes the game mechanically interesting is that there aren't any neutral tags. You tag by calling an assist, and then you can swap to that assist at ANY time while they're on screen. That means you can actually legit setup unblockables where your active character is hitting high, swap to the incoming character and hit low. Or create really wild left right mixups by swapping early or late and varying your timing. There's not any cross up protection either afaik, so it is really, really hard to block some setups. But that's part of the fun!

As someone who's just not really into power rangers though, I'll admit that I find the cast kind of boring. The characters are really fun to play, and have pretty varied skillsets in general, but man it's just not much to look at. It reminds me of that really awkward combofiend interview where he described characters as functions and that people wouldn't care as long as there was a character that had a similar function. Honestly, it's kinda true for me in this case weirdly enough.

I'm still intensely bad though so take my opinions with a grain of salt. It's super fun, and one(?) of the yellow rangers dual wields cutlasses and has flintlock pistols and a whip so that owns

Edit: Just look how sick this combo is, works anywhere on screen as well
https://twitter.com/SleepmodeAU/status/1238067602074636289

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Every time I watch BFTG, I really wanna grab it but I'm already not playing other fighting games I should be :smith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not a fan of 20 second long combos, personally.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

Not a fan of 20 second long combos, personally.

Yeah, if you don't like longer combos then it's definitely not the game for you. All the combos in the game are loop based, and so the best characters tend to have some pretty long combos into finishers

Oh I forgot the biggest difference between BFTG and other tag games, no air dashes in BFTG. Lots of characters have advancing normals that let you position and confirm however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Sounds a lot like DBFZ but with neutral. Can you drag out your opponents team to kill their blue life like in DBFZ?

With combos that big that would be pretty, uh... no thanks