Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jawdins posted:

Sounds a lot like DBFZ but with neutral. Can you drag out your opponents team to kill their blue life like in DBFZ?

With combos that big that would be pretty, uh... no thanks

Of course! It's a little harder to combo into snapbacks then it is in DBFZ since you don't have vanishes to setup wall bounces, but if you snap them out they lose their blue health so uh.. yeah don't get hit basically. I would presume that every top tier character is able to do it by themselves, but I'm certainly not an expert here. You are able to pushblock however, unlike dbfz, so the pressure strings are a lot shorter and the game resets to neutral way more often. The incoming mixups seem like they can get pretty brutal, but there's no guard break mechanic so generally you'll get to touch the ground.

One important thing though is that you can't get multi-snapped or something like MVC2, so there's no free character kills if you get a happy birthday situation or something which is nice. Though, with the damage as high as I mentioned earlier getting your point and assist caught in a combo is pretty brutal

Edit: Oh one last edit, one of the reasons I decided to pick it up is just to support the publisher doing a few things very right. It's got really good rollback netcode and it's, to my knowledge at least, the only game that has full cross play on every system that it's on, including the switch. It also has persistent events and seasons that run, and I think I heard that you can actually resume your progress from a different console even? Just in general they did a great job getting the online stuff right and that's worth $10 or $20 on steam sale to support.

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Oh poo poo, I am a Switch haver so userbase and cross-play are extremely important to me, I think knowing that has pushed me over the threshold tbh

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

BFTG is free for Xbox Game Pass on XB1 and PC at the moment.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Yeah, I might pick it up just to support them doing a lot right!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://twitter.com/dapurplesharpie/status/1278119945977704448

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
wish they would have called for mikez to resign from lab zero. even if he's not actually making any money from a sale of a copy of skullgirls (due to the konami/autumn games lawsuit), he's still indirectly benefiting from its popularity.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

darealkooky posted:

I CAN NOT believe the guy who made a public showing of how they made skullgirls less pervy (but then left in this and a ton of other hentai poo poo in the game)

could turn out to actually be kind of an rear end in a top hat that publicly says one thing but believes another. no way. not mike Z, the guy who made a funny video where he spoke in a stereotype accent 12 years ago.

drat bro i love hentai poo poo

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I wasn't sure about KoF but it's growing on me a lot.

Game good.

Mike Z, however, extremely disappointing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hace posted:

drat bro i love hentai poo poo

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
all this poo poo is weird

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Too bad Infiltration doesn't play Skull Girls.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://discord.gg/vjv55Ug

Here's a new open invite to the GoonsGarden Discord server. We have a rules page now and there's not very many of them so please just read it ok!!!! Thanks

PS: Play KI and SF5 with me TIA

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Not a big sharpie fan, hope that's not a bannable opinion

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

AndyElusive posted:

Too bad Infiltration doesn't play Skull Girls.

No it's super good actually, it's a shame he doesn't play in traffic is what you meant.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Infil posted on twitter he's going to start playing Tekken and I'd really prefer if he didn't.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

Infil posted on twitter he's going to start playing Tekken and I'd really prefer if he didn't.

Can't say I'm too surprised he has an interest in Tekken. Since he used to be a Street Fighter x Tekken player.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 1, 2020

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

EVO Weekend 1 this week. Horsey Fighting game, I wonder if side streams will be a thing this year.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

there will be side tourneys

animevo is running mahjong as a game this year

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Jesus gently caress.

CW for sexual abuse of a minor
https://twitter.com/PuppehSSB/status/1278335061243441157?s=19
Maybe in person tournaments should just never come back.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
There's no stopping this train

https://twitter.com/SuperDojo/status/1278333343436664832
https://twitter.com/SuperDojo/status/1278453459671486476?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Jesus gently caress.

CW for sexual abuse of a minor
https://twitter.com/PuppehSSB/status/1278335061243441157?s=19
Maybe in person tournaments should just never come back.

On the other hand encouraging victims to speak up and defend each other with numbers will only make a stronger community with less manipulative freaks in the long run, so please keep cleaning house while no one can compete and distract ppl from the actual root issues.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, there's a picture of the dude when he was 14 in that thread and I just shivered.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Dias posted:

Man, there's a picture of the dude when he was 14 in that thread and I just shivered.

I saw random tournament footage of them together in the background and... man, without any prior knowledge of what was really going on it looked like she was treating him like how a mother would treat a literal son, and that really hosed me up now knowing the true context behind this awful, awful situation

MechaX fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 2, 2020

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dias posted:

Yeah, same. I have to assume that she went after him because she thought he was younger than he was.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Haroff1/status/1278367887976214533?s=19

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
What the gently caress

https://twitter.com/PyronIkari/status/1278535379214307328

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

There is a 100% chance that there have been other victims in the 19 years that has happened too

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

:stare:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

EVO sucked as is and now this comes to light. Jesus christ MrWiz.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Mr Wiz is loving trash, no wonder he has no problem with Infiltration

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Core values my rear end. Evo can go wholly gently caress itself until he resigns.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 2, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SuperDojo/status/1278540690939502592

So this is what he was talking about. How long until Evo gets canceled?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

People need to get this story out to the major games press. The head of EVO being a child predator is a massive thing. I don't want EVO to get cancelled but MrWizard sure as poo poo needs to go.

and on a personal level him being a loving pedo sure explains some of the people hes covered for

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The triumphant return of sexual predation.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
These absolute motherfuckers

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I guess the one positive thing about this is that people are finally exposing the Influential Boys for a change.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

EVO can get burned to the ground if that's what it takes for justice, I don't give a gently caress. You can always replace it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
so like who else involved in EVO would even have a say in getting rid of MrWiz?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

loving jimminy crickets what the gently caress go to jail Mr. Wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

so like who else involved in EVO would even have a say in getting rid of MrWiz?
I mean major companies could start pulling out if this gets big enough. Nintendo, capcom, etc.