Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cabbit posted:

So, Rufus.

No. Rufus is a cool good martial artist big boy. Steven Segal is none of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

One thing I liked about Rufus was how he was depicted in a very happy relationship with his girlfriend, which is almost never something overweight vg characters let alone obese ones get to have. Other than like Mario, of course.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jiro posted:

No. Rufus is a cool good martial artist big boy. Steven Segal is none of those things.

Not to mention the strongest man in America, if he could only find Ken Masters to prove it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

One thing I liked about Rufus was how he was depicted in a very happy relationship with his girlfriend, which is almost never something overweight vg characters let alone obese ones get to have. Other than like Mario, of course.

Princess Peach is not Mario's girlfriend.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I'm p sure it's even canon at this point that they just hang out and play sports and poo poo. Get your mario lore in order, bitch

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is Mario incel or volcel

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Romes128 posted:

Is there a Discord for Gundam EX? Game looks like fun and I'd like to learn more. Currently downloaded the 90 page guide.

they link a few in the guide
dunno about goon servers

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Is Mario incel or volcel

Mario, the Princess, and Bowser are in a polyamorous relationship of some kind with a strong kidnap and rescue kink, clearly

It's why they all play tennis and race go-karts together

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Is Mario incel or volcel

Mario is an arrogant narcissist, he only feeds on other people loving himself.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

Dan and Rufus being in the same game was weird, they were basically the same joke just Rufus was less likable. Like Dan is an egotistical blowhard but hes motivated by Sagat killing his dad. Rufus is motivated purely by ego.

I thought Dan got over that after Sagat sandbagged his fight with him out of pity he beat him

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Core-A did a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NLe4IpdS1w

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Saoshyant posted:

"Hey guys, Capcom here! Here's some cellphone footage of a new character we haven't finished! Also, we'll be bringing four new characters to SFV! That's right, we are still supporting our flagship game!" *posts roadmap of over an entire year to develop aforementioned 4 characters*

This is what happens when you have to suddenly make a new season you hadn't planned on because SF6 just hit a gigantic development snag involving taking off the project lead and having to redo a bunch of poo poo

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

If it means SFVI will be good that's fine with me

Big "if", I guess :shrug:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

If it means SFVI will be good that's fine with me

Big "if", I guess :shrug:

Dang, can you imagine

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
getting an extra year in the oven is better than what SFV got, at least

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Time for Sony to swoop in and make SFVI exclusive again

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

That sounded sarcastic but man, I honestly can't really imagine them releasing a complete, good SFVI. Especially one with an interesting cast with diverse play styles

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unliked, unasked for tag mode is 100% in line with what I've heard/learned about Capcom.

Wont be surprised to find out SFVI is an anime airdasher next

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For those who want specifics what I've heard from a couple of different sources (one of which is publicly posting it on twitter so I'm not worried about this getting back to a source the damage has already been done) is that Ono had some kind of grand vision of SF6 being a team tag fighter, but the mechanic was awful and literally no one liked it, so he got booted off the fighting game division entirely (note he wasn't at the big fighting game roundtable or the SFV stream) and replaced with someone who has stripped that mechanic out and is, allegedly, doing a better job.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I still think Street Fighter V is pretty solid, but I also recognize I jumped into it three and half years after its launch so they had a lot of time to unfuck it

And I still think it's pretty ugly and a lot of the hits.... lack oomph or something.

E: Maybe with someone else in charge it'll have a chance to really shine.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Elvis_Maximus posted:

That sounded sarcastic but man, I honestly can't really imagine them releasing a complete, good SFVI. Especially one with an interesting cast with diverse play styles

if onos not in charge maybe its possible

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I guess you could say that him being in charge makes you say "Oh, no"

Woden
May 6, 2006
Hopefully we'll get some open betas next year, Capcoms history of fighting games with no arcade beginnings are pretty bad.

FrostyPox posted:

I still think Street Fighter V is pretty solid, but I also recognize I jumped into it three and half years after its launch so they had a lot of time to unfuck it

And I still think it's pretty ugly and a lot of the hits.... lack oomph or something.

E: Maybe with someone else in charge it'll have a chance to really shine.

Only major gripe I have is that it feels like you're under water, everything comes out slow and delayed.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Hi ive been playing soulcalibur 6 again lately cuz of the setsuka patch and i just wanted to say this game is really fun. i still think they went overboard on all of the subsystems and made it more complicated than it needed to be but once you get it down its just so much fun to play. i also feel like the dev team has been generally doing a great job with listening to the community and addressing issues, i really hardly ever see anyone complain about patches in this game

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

Hi ive been playing soulcalibur 6 again lately cuz of the setsuka patch and i just wanted to say this game is really fun. i still think they went overboard on all of the subsystems and made it more complicated than it needed to be but once you get it down its just so much fun to play. i also feel like the dev team has been generally doing a great job with listening to the community and addressing issues, i really hardly ever see anyone complain about patches in this game

I, too, like Soul Calibur, but I really need to actually learn the systems since it seems to be pretty complex. At least I feel like I "get" it better than I "get" Tekken (which is, not at all). I also feel like I'm trying to learn too many games at once lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

four years i've been waiting for that post to come and roost

i was almost out, capcom, i was two days away from retirement

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Blockhouse posted:

For those who want specifics what I've heard from a couple of different sources (one of which is publicly posting it on twitter so I'm not worried about this getting back to a source the damage has already been done) is that Ono had some kind of grand vision of SF6 being a team tag fighter, but the mechanic was awful and literally no one liked it, so he got booted off the fighting game division entirely (note he wasn't at the big fighting game roundtable or the SFV stream) and replaced with someone who has stripped that mechanic out and is, allegedly, doing a better job.

Finally, vengeance for putting lovely Blanka in the game. Also thank god, outside of BBTAG tag games have pretty much never been my thing at all.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The gently caress is that poo poo??? :stare:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jiro posted:

The gently caress is that poo poo??? :stare:

Nergigante vs Nergigante.

They should've added more of those costumes. Give me Brachydios Balrog.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Still don't know why Blanka wasn't a Rajang

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

is there frame data available anywhere for old SNK games? the 90s KoFs, Samurai Shodown, etc. specifically.

i've been getting back into retro fighters starting with SFII and seriously looking at things like hitboxes for the first time, and i really don't want to figure out which attacks are good by myself when i try out SNK's stuff. i mean, i will if i have to, but if there's a resource out there i'd love to know about it since my googling has turned up nothing

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
you'll find it on the SRK wiki most likely. you probably won't find frame data for the lesser played game like kof96 or w/e, but stuff for kof98, samsho5s, etc will be up there.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hace posted:

you'll find it on the SRK wiki most likely. you probably won't find frame data for the lesser played game like kof96 or w/e, but stuff for kof98, samsho5s, etc will be up there.

unfortunately i'm looking for the early-mid 90s stuff, i saw that SRK had the late 90s and onward covered but was curious if there were any obscure sites that had analyzed the earlier games

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Oh god, they're putting in Oro in SF5?
Wonder if I can resist the urge to buy the game...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I want to say it’s incredible Ono got put in charge of SF6 after CxT but a lot of that games failings I think also has to do with the Capcom org more than just him.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

MoaM posted:

Oh god, they're putting in Oro in SF5?
Wonder if I can resist the urge to buy the game...

I mean, the good news is that Oro won't be out for an entire year so you can at least wait for a good sale!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm starting to get the idea that Capcom doesn't really know what to do with its fighting games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They need to go back to releasing three different games a year, it's the only way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

From what I've heard internally at Capcom Im hoping the new fief lord of fighting games is good.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They need to go back to releasing three different games a year, it's the only way

SFVI
SFVI: Content We Meant to Include at Launch
SFVI: Super Content We Meant to Include at Launch

is your three games