Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I do not believe that roster list there's zero way this game has gai tendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i can't believe they've snubbed lucky, heavy d, and brian battler once again

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

odo can be the shao khan and morph into everyone

Shang Tsung....he can be the Shang Tsung. Shao Khan is hammer man

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That actually could totally work in a fighting game, seemingly identical characters with totally different body language.

Endorph posted:

melty blood has like 3 characters like that

yes that's my joke. results were a close 0-2

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I think this is my favorite but man, "Send the invoice to God" would have fit really well in this one

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Spanish Manlove posted:

yes that's my joke. results were a close 0-2

I was gonna post "that's also true in lowercase"...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Man, fighting game aesthetics really peaked with KoF13, didn't they?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Xrd looks better

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Madmarker posted:

Shao Kahn has magical dancing shoes that he uses to fight crime and help kids in the inner city?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

If it doesn't look like total poo poo visually then it'll already have a massive leg up on 5, even before getting to the gameplay. I can't believe how ugly 5 is. They wanted its toxic avenger rear end to be a massive spectator game?

I think SF5 as an extension of the SF4 style can look really good at times. Like lots of Bison's moves including EX Scissor Kick and his walk animation are really cool, at least to me. But the same game then releases Sakura 2 years later with all of her incredibly stilted, robotic looking animation. I know all modern games outsource development to one extent or another, but SFV makes it so painfully obvious that all of these characters/assets are being made by different people with presumably different budgets/skillsets. Inconsistency is the real problem that's plagued SFV for its entire lifetime.

I think another huge problem is that they use in game character models for the character select screen and victory screens. Because of this, you get a really up close and still look at character models that were clearly designed to be in motion at all time. Some things still looked hosed up at range like Ken's face with his short hair costume, but most of the clipping is a lot more forgivable when you're in game and moving around. I think if they had just used actual drawn artwork by Bengus or somebody, or at least made different models for the close ups a lot of the visual shortcomings would be easier to overlook.

Edit: I will say stuff like Necalli's hair before V-trigger and anything that just constantly whips around with every movement makes things look weightless and is never good, even in other games like Tekken which I think is more visually appealing overall.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 21, 2020

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
The reason they didn't use drawn portraits is likely that it either wouldn't reflect the costumes or outsourced portraits would make the style discrepancies even more apparent.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm very ok with that KOF15 roster since it once again includes Oswald, Yamazaki, Vanessa and brings back Shen Woo/Duo Lon. Hurts to lose King of Dinosaurs, but other than that it's REALLY cool Nelson and Zafina come back and even cooler that there is (I assume) a non-canon New Faces

Kind of funny that Nelson and Zafina return yet the guy the devs said was "one of the new heroes" Hattori got left out. I think the only character I'm wondering "where the gently caress is he" is DUCK KING.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
As far as I know, 14 messed the timeline up enough that Chris, Shermie, and Yashiro are just alive again now. Ash too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kantesu posted:

Chris, Shermie, and Yashiro are just alive again now.

Cool, I can get behind this, though their story is mostly done.

Kantesu posted:

Ash too.

:barf:

The best thing this guy ever did was eradicate himself from existence.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
That KoF leak lmao. I think you'll see K9999 back before you see Cheng Sinzan. :P

Would be happy to be proven wrong though because I love how they're always like "We're probably going to avoid adding more Fatal Fury people since there's already so many in the cast" (adds multiple Fatal Fury characters/backgrounds for the XIV DLC).

Kantesu posted:

As far as I know, 14 messed the timeline up enough that Chris, Shermie, and Yashiro are just alive again now. Ash too.

Oh yeah story-wise XIV was kind of brilliant because they created an excuse to be able to use any character from any time period but still have an ongoing new plot/characters too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The former Lab Zero devs have formed Future Club, a worked-owned co-op studio. Incidentally, remember when the worker-owned co-op studio that made Dead Cells split everyone working on that game into a non-co-op subsidiary when it became successful?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Madmarker posted:

god dammit i had just smoked and focused really hard on putting the correct name

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Future Club sounds like the name of a professional wrestling stable.

I wish them the best (until they turn heel)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I am so unreasonably excited for Future Club. I'm permitting myself to have unwarranted hope in a scrappy upstart, which has famously never gone badly for goons ever.

They've also brought on Aevee Bee as their writer and only listed non-LZ contributer. And since she wrote the only two good video games, I'm excited for fighting games to get astonishingly gay.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
im happy 4 future club and hope they make some cool games, even though they probably won't be fighting games.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is a pretty good joke

https://theoptionselect.com/2020/09/15/the-option-select-launches-official-tier-list-section/

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

"Nidhogg official teir list:

Left Fencer S
Right Fencer C"

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FrostyPox posted:

"Nidhogg official teir list:

Left Fencer S
Right Fencer C"

lol

refresh the page, it's constantly being updated with the latest news

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

refresh the page, it's constantly being updated with the latest news

Data is constantly coming in from expert players.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

"The brand new tier list section features many of your favorite fighting games and Street Fighter V" 😂

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I like that KOF roster list, but I don't believe it There aren't any brand new characters at all, which seems fishy, considering XIV had a lot. I guess XIII didn't have any either, but that had a rough development process.

It's sacrilege, but I'm kinda hoping for a playable Jeff

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just saw a supposed KOF15 leak from a few weeks ago, I'm getting it secondhand so no idea if it's trustworthy or not but KOF14 was thoroughly leaked pretty early so who knows:

game/system stuff:

roster:

Please let this be real. I want to play O. Yashiro in a new game.

Also, see how they handle Chris in this engine. They managed to make Yuri good despite her legs not reaching across a third of the screen now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neo Rasa posted:

Oh yeah story-wise XIV was kind of brilliant because they created an excuse to be able to use any character from any time period but still have an ongoing new plot/characters too.

I remember hearing Oda or someone talk about what they were aiming for with 14's plot and he made it sound like he wanted to bring back Shermie and everything else was a means to an end, and that's when I knew new SNK was going to be fine.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sesq posted:

I like that KOF roster list, but I don't believe it There aren't any brand new characters at all, which seems fishy, considering XIV had a lot. I guess XIII didn't have any either, but that had a rough development process.

It's sacrilege, but I'm kinda hoping for a playable Jeff

jeff and kushnood butt will be in kof15

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutter Owl posted:

I am so unreasonably excited for Future Club. I'm permitting myself to have unwarranted hope in a scrappy upstart, which has famously never gone badly for goons ever.

They've also brought on Aevee Bee as their writer and only listed non-LZ contributer. And since she wrote the only two good video games, I'm excited for fighting games to get astonishingly gay.

Are they going to make a fighter?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gavok posted:

Shao Kahn has magical dancing shoes that he uses to fight crime and help kids in the inner city?

I'd watch the everloving poo poo out of this.

Frame it as a propaganda cartoon.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Real hurthling! posted:

Are they going to make a fighter?

No clue, they've made no announcements. Just wishful thinking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gutter Owl posted:

And since she wrote the only two good video games, I'm excited for fighting games to get astonishingly gay.
much like mecha anime, shell make a lesbian work in something that already has a lot of lesbian works and then pat herself on the back for finally making it gay

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Woden posted:

Worf lost every fight in the TV shows, he deserves to be Dan tier.

You have to admit that his Prepare for Ramming Speed super is the most hype level 3 super in the game

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was actually in his contract that DS9 had to not kick Worf's rear end so much. Funny thing is that doesn't mean he can't gently caress up all the time.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

much like mecha anime, shell make a lesbian work in something that already has a lot of lesbian works and then pat herself on the back for finally making it gay

Literally nothing has "a lot of lesbian works"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Controversially i think yuri manga might have a lot of lesbian works

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also the sailor moon section of most fanfic sites

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Endorph posted:

:thunk:

Noted gay mecha like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Xand_Man posted:

:thunk:

Noted gay mecha like:

All the ones you like. :iceburn: