Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wasn't Kula meant to be on the younger side? I've lost track of the KOF plot
they flipflop on that iirc? of course the timeline tiself is also pretty vague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It depends on whether it's a game where you can date her or not, among other things.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

A good poster posted:

Who was asking them to make their engine open-source? That sounds unreasonable to me.

I don't know the whole context of this quote, I am assuming someone brought it up because ArcSys gave the source code to +R to the people implementing the rollback that's going in to beta in two days. I'm just assuming it's something someone said in twitch chat and he responded.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/FGC_Daily/status/1321171915298369536?s=20

terry, one of those people is your brothers girlfriend

i loving thought this was one of those weird source film maker things and not an official ad

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

KungFu Grip posted:

i loving thought this was one of those weird source film maker things and not an official ad

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chev posted:

It depends on whether it's a game where you can date her or not, among other things.

Frankly all fighting games should transition to their true calling as dating sims.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/FGC_Daily/status/1321171915298369536?s=20

terry, one of those people is your brothers girlfriend

Mary's got hands the size of dinner plates for some reason?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

they flipflop on that iirc? of course the timeline tiself is also pretty vague

Chev posted:

Ahh.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Victory Position posted:

Mary's got hands the size of dinner plates for some reason?

I think we’ve found the final mystery DLC for SFV!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
My respect for Terry just plummeted off a cliff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gologle posted:

My respect for Terry just plummeted off a cliff

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Gologle posted:

My respect for Terry just plummeted off a skyscraper, but after I grabbed onto its arm it just let go

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Andy's letting her sleep on the couch. That's it.

One of her intros vs. Andy in a prior game involved her making some fake Andy-Mai baby with magic.

Andy, instead of thinking "this is literally impossible," is instead sweating bullets

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MechaX posted:

One of her intros vs. Andy in a prior game involved her making some fake Andy-Mai baby with magic.

Andy, instead of thinking "this is literally impossible," is instead sweating bullets

Andy don't know how babby is made and he held Mai's hand once, okay?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dias posted:

he held Mai's hand once

Gross! He got cooties!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

MechaX posted:

2002. And yeah their "relationship" is "complicated"

Aren't they together in the future Garou timeline and Hokutomaru is their apprentice/adopted son/fake magic baby or did I just dream that poo poo?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I like to think that Andy's fighting style is half-derived from his karate training and half from devising ways to escape Mai. His NEO-MAX/Climax cements this for me as he literally flies around the world.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MechaX posted:

Andy has never had sex, he doesn't know what it is, he probably held her hand once and thinks that's what did it.

Andy is a powerful volcel lord devoted only to mastering his father's style.

Joe and Terry are the sexhavers on Team Fatal Fury.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

KungFu Grip posted:

good to see the Killer Bean guy getting work in this economy

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
I saw some fighting game players posting clips of Naruto: Clash of Ninjas Revolution 3 which piqued my curiosity, so I tried it, and it's way more fun than it has any right to be. You can substitute yourself for a log any time you're in hitstun so a large portion of the game is about managing your opponent's meter and making sure they don't punish you for mindlessly mashing out a super.

It sounds kinda annoying, but there isn't a high low mixup in neutral, so it basically just means that most of your mixing is taking place mid juggle. Neat little game, and it has better netplay than tekken 7

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1321357089839607808?s=19

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1321357460595118080?s=19

Well that was quick

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Whoa whoa whoa wait, hol' up. That toddler-toy looking rear end smacking video is a new advertisement?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Remember the kof dota game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Andrigaar posted:

Whoa whoa whoa wait, hol' up. That toddler-toy looking rear end smacking video is a new advertisement?

Yeah for the mobage

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Andy has never had sex, he doesn't know what it is, he probably held her hand once and thinks that's what did it.

Andy is a powerful volcel lord devoted only to mastering his father's style.

Joe and Terry are the sexhavers on Team Fatal Fury.

I'll have you know that Geese Howard has a kid, ergo he's the only person we can canonically confirm Fury has had sex at least one time

Well him and TWO KID HAVER ERADICATOR OF EVIL KIM KAP HWAN

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"Terry Bogard sexually harassing ladies" is this generation's "Sagat brutalizes Ken Masters and sends his bloody scalp to Ryu."

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Artelier posted:

I'll have you know that Geese Howard has a kid, ergo he's the only person we can canonically confirm Fury has had sex at least one time

Kim Kaphwan had sex so well that his two kids came out 5 times cooler than he is and he was pretty cool already. What a stand up guy.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

"Terry does NOT ride a motorcycle, Ryo does. TAKE THIS DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!!!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

neosloth posted:

I saw some fighting game players posting clips of Naruto: Clash of Ninjas Revolution 3 which piqued my curiosity, so I tried it, and it's way more fun than it has any right to be. You can substitute yourself for a log any time you're in hitstun so a large portion of the game is about managing your opponent's meter and making sure they don't punish you for mindlessly mashing out a super.

It sounds kinda annoying, but there isn't a high low mixup in neutral, so it basically just means that most of your mixing is taking place mid juggle. Neat little game, and it has better netplay than tekken 7

yeah there were like three different branches of naruto fighters and they were all better than they had any right to be

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Commissar Ken posted:

Kim Kaphwan had sex so well that his two kids came out 5 times cooler than he is and he was pretty cool already. What a stand up guy.

It's well established that the entire Kim family can get it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Artelier posted:

Andy and Mai have been loving since like FF3.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Remember the kof dota game

remember Sky Stage?

it's canon that Kyo can fly... for some reason

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Any news about a sale for Accent Core Steam before the update? I know this thread just helped me score $5 2002UM from a third-party site.

$15 isn't bad but if there's some other way to get it for single-digit dollars that would be cool.

I think I used to play Jam? It's been 20 years..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it was in a fanatical bundle recently but i believe its expired. theyll probably put it on sale when the rollback comes out for real, but until then im sure somebody will post about deals here.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
On sale for $2.75 here
https://us.gamesplanet.com/game/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-steam-key--4597-1

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
2.57 here: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1321659956840460288

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am a super casual, what does rollback do and why are people so excited about it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It makes it so the online is nearly as good as being in the same room with the person as possible vs a crap shoot

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I am a super casual, what does rollback do and why are people so excited about it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GGPO

quote:

GGPO uses a netcode technique called “rollback”. Rather than waiting for input to be received from other players before simulating the next frame, GGPO predicts the inputs they will send and simulates the next frame without delay using that assumption. When other players’ inputs arrive, if any input didn’t match the prediction, GGPO rolls back the state of the game to the last correct state, then replays all players’ revised inputs back until the current frame. The hope is that the predictions will be correct most of the time, allowing smooth play with minimal sudden changes to the game state.[6][7] The system in itself is highly similar to client-side prediction, but applied to a peer-to-peer setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
On top of that the original netcode for +R is, like, outrageously bad.