Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I am a super casual, what does rollback do and why are people so excited about it?

delay based netcode pauses the game until it receives inputs from the other player. rollback netcode runs the game at (or near) full speed and tries to predict what the other player does until it gets an input that is incorrect, then rolls back the game simulation to correct for it.

the direct impact is that it makes executing combos online feel like offline since you aren't getting hit with unpredictable amounts of delay.

there's also a secondary effect where delay based netcode gets worse and worse the farther out the other player is, but rollback stays fairly consistent until a game suddenly becomes unplayable. if you can get playable matches at twice the distance compared to delay based netcode, you quadruple the number of players you can match against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm trying to grab Guilty Gear from Gamebillet but the site is getting DDoS'd or something. The other site is out of keys otherwise I'd just buy it from there.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Demand for +r really shouldn't be so that i can DDOS a storefront...right?

Maybe, considering the other one ran out of keys.

edit: I just got one through gamesplanet ok

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 29, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I said come in! posted:

I am a super casual, what does rollback do and why are people so excited about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NLe4IpdS1w

this is the quickest/least bs filled explanation I found and goes through GGPO and junk. It's worth the watch even as a casual, plus it's not tedious or long and some video of an angry nerd beating on an arcade stick while shouting about lag

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Boogalo posted:

Demand for +r really shouldn't be so that i can DDOS a storefront...right?

Maybe, considering the other one ran out of keys.

Are you also getting the "you are temporarily banned from accessing this website" message when trying to make an account

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Lots of Last Blade announcements for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWBkBHzQy8

Last Blade's getting an official webcomic

Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny for Neo Geo Pocket Color is coming to Switch today

Samsho's getting a Last Blade character as part of season 3 (it's gotta be Hibiki, right?)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god drat is last blade 2 coming to switch

i loved the ps3/vita port tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38v_exMMz1o

put the entire neo geo pocket library on switch

do it

ill buy em

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 29, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i bought a neogeo pocket color and my only game is match of the millennium because its that good.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Coxswain Balls posted:

Are you also getting the "you are temporarily banned from accessing this website" message when trying to make an account

No, just the cloudflare host 404 so I gave up on gamebillet.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Mine finally went through, if nowhere else has it on sale. I haven't played X2 since the original, time to find out if I retained any muscle memory.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I had 10 games on my NGPC. The fighting games were by far my favorites, it's just a shame you couldn't see a drat thing as soon as it was close to sundown. I don't recall it being as bad as the first gen GBA though.

Gimme Match of the Millennium and SamSho2.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

In Training posted:

somebody at ArcSys probably got pissed at him, but gently caress em keep sending your congressional leaders letters until we get rollback in UNI

i'm still waiting on caster integration for Steam melty blood based some tweet from 2014 :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Andrigaar posted:

I had 10 games on my NGPC. The fighting games were by far my favorites, it's just a shame you couldn't see a drat thing as soon as it was close to sundown. I don't recall it being as bad as the first gen GBA though.

Gimme Match of the Millennium and SamSho2.

Samsho 2 was the first NGPC game they put out on Switch, it was a preorder bonus for the new Samsho at first but now you can just buy it.

KOF R2 and Gals Fighters are available too.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I didn't know they had previous NGPC games on it :woop:

That's getting wishlisted for later.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Samsho's getting a Last Blade character as part of season 3 (it's gotta be Hibiki, right?)

This is cool, though I'm not sure if Hibiki would stand out enough in character design from the rest of the roster. It could be Kaede or Setsuna?

e; I guess it's specifically Last Blade 1 from the logo, so definitely Kaede.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 29, 2020

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
the patch is out, its good

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

The rollback patch for AC+R feels amazing! At first I was getting ready to be disappointed because the input lag on the character select screen is still there, but as soon as the match started I felt like I was offline. I only played one match at around 60ms of ping, but even that used to feel terrible in AC+R before the patch.

I really really hope the full release of this comes soon because the beta will only last a few days. I also hope that people stick with this game - I've really come to love it over the past week, even just from labbing in training mode and playing arcade mode.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is rollback only coming to pc or all platforms?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

PC only for now

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Rollback and cross play with the Switch version would be kinda cool

I forget if it has a version for the current consoles

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MechaX posted:

Rollback and cross play with the Switch version would be kinda cool

I forget if it has a version for the current consoles

it's only on pc, switch and ps3

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Smoking Crow posted:

it's only on pc, switch and ps3

It’s also on Xbox 360 and, shockingly enough, Vita.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow +R kicks rear end.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

They are implementing some updates that only the Switch version had previously like the lobbies. So hopefully that's an indicator that it'd be feasible to patch the PC version's updates back into the Switch version.

Also, for anyone that find bugs, here's the place to send them:

https://twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/1321748892719943683

Also, looks like there is one known issue so far:

https://twitter.com/redneckd_crake/status/1321750370343915523

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If they’re implementing Switch changes, they better not also bring over the worst one ever

https://youtu.be/86dR1HeSwJA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does rollback just work from the game on steam now or is there a special beta client? I bought it for 3 dollars just now and it cant find any opponents for me to lose to while i assess the connection lol whoops

Nm i have found the beta branch

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Does rollback just work from the game on steam now or is there a special beta client? I bought it for 3 dollars just now and it cant find any opponents for me to lose to while i assess the connection lol whoops

Nm i have found the beta branch

Which site did you buy from? I see "serial key out of stock" everywhere

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steam its on sale

Holy balls it plays amazing even on the wifi im forced to use rn

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Remember the kof dota game

Remember the all female snk game

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Romes128 posted:

remember the MLP fighter

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Romes128 posted:

Which one?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

the one wheee you can’t crouch

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The thing that always gets me about SNK Heroines is not that it's a fanservicey fighting game, that's whatever. There's plenty of those games that are fine to good to even great.

What gets me is that SNK Heroines' whole deal is the characters are actively uncomfortable about it. It's like a weird extra exploitative layer slathered over the whole game that really, really did not to be there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the design is terrible and the game is extremely boring, could of at least had the decency of making a fun pile of crap.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

In Training posted:

Also the design is terrible and the game is extremely boring, could of at least had the decency of making a fun pile of crap.

Oh yeah just being a bad game didn't help either

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The hat in the box set was nice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

The thing that always gets me about SNK Heroines is not that it's a fanservicey fighting game, that's whatever. There's plenty of those games that are fine to good to even great.

What gets me is that SNK Heroines' whole deal is the characters are actively uncomfortable about it. It's like a weird extra exploitative layer slathered over the whole game that really, really did not to be there.

it extra doesnt make sense since mai is actively into dressing up like that and flirting.

theres some okay jokes but iunno why they made it weird instead of just having fun with it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

it extra doesnt make sense since mai is actively into dressing up like that and flirting.

theres some okay jokes but iunno why they made it weird instead of just having fun with it.

Ah see but if you put cat ears on her suddenly it's totally different!!

I think they still "had fun" with it but, like, a type of fun where you never want to meet the person who's into it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean im not gonna pretend a bit of that kind of thing cant be like, fun in its own way, but there's a difference between 'mild nervous embarrassment' and 'a weird alien hacker kidnapped everyone and is livestreaming it without their consent' or whatever is going on in heroines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I got ACPR a while ago and I'm learning Bridget. Any tips?