Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my thinking is that the mizuumi wiki has that note because satsuki does have good normals yeah and also her default 236 grab kinda sucks but most new players assume its a keypart of her kit when she mostly uses her anti-air grab and her bite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I don't think bite is even particularly outstanding as far as a command throw goes. The things that really stand out about Satsuki are 623C, the fastest sweep in the game, and a really good IAD j.C. Also an extremely strong oki mixup without relying on a move that just keeps the opponent locked down, which I feel like is sort of a key feature of grapplers?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I predict the last two characters will be the dude who replaces nero in the remake and satsuki

RIP shadow beast dude. I played you like twice at an anime convention but you were truly the coolest Melty Blood

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Endorph posted:

Kouma and Satsuki were the two grapplers in the original, yeah. Though Kouma is more of a rushdown character that has command throws than a 100% grappler the way satsuki is.

They haven't made any mention of DLC for this game yet, have they?

Nope, in fact there’s even a deluxe edition and it doesn’t include any future dlc characters. French Bread might just be old-manning it and doing whole-new-release updates.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brought To You By posted:

RIP shadow beast dude. I played you like twice at an anime convention but you were truly the coolest Melty Blood

beautiful

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
This little back and forth has put into context why I clicked so fast with Satsuki despite really not being a pure blooded grapple wizard. Me like big buttons and also being a shithead.

But that’s cool about Kouma! I was honestly more worried about not getting one at all than not getting the one I want.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Satsuki and Kouma are the closest to actual grapplers, Melty does not have a Zangief, Tager, Pot, etc. If you're a grappler you're like half of one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

UNIST does have a fairly traditional grappler so its possible one of the new characters will be one if itd make some amount of sense for the character. Then again, Satsuki being a grappler was basically made from nothing. She barely fights in the original VN, all thats really noted about her is that she's got a relatively high level of physical strength for a newly made vampire - which I guess is why they went with a clumsy gorilla style for her?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ultima66 posted:

I don't think bite is even particularly outstanding as far as a command throw goes. The things that really stand out about Satsuki are 623C, the fastest sweep in the game, and a really good IAD j.C. Also an extremely strong oki mixup without relying on a move that just keeps the opponent locked down, which I feel like is sort of a key feature of grapplers?

Ground bite's invincible at super flash, you can do it decently far away, and it's only like 3 frame startup so it's pretty good especially if you tick throw it. Air bite isn't as good though it's got more startup so it takes longer to getting to be invincible, it's p much just a read move you use when you catch your opponent jumping in the corner.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Satsuki and Kouma are the closest to actual grapplers, Melty does not have a Zangief, Tager, Pot, etc. If you're a grappler you're like half of one.

Half a grappler grapplers are the best kind of grappling a grappler can possibly grap, as far as I’m concerned. Zangief / Tager / Potemkin types can get… not played by me, I guess.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i like those kinds of characters because calling something a semigrappler is fun

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Ground bite's invincible at super flash, you can do it decently far away, and it's only like 3 frame startup so it's pretty good especially if you tick throw it. Air bite isn't as good though it's got more startup so it takes longer to getting to be invincible, it's p much just a read move you use when you catch your opponent jumping in the corner.
Yeah I mean obviously it's the command throw that gives you a really strong strike/throw mixup but I don't think it's one of the things that makes Satsuki really stand out. Kohaku and Kouma both have 3f command grabs as well, with admittedly a little shorter range, and Satsuki always has her ridiculous 623C to spend meter on.

While we're on the topic some other things that really stand out to me about Satsuki's kit relative to other characters though: her best grounded overhead is a charged move which can be released at any time. Combined with a loving 4f sweep with massive range, it gets hard to block mixups between 5[C] and half charge 5C 2C. She has a somewhat real anti air for really close range opponents (obviously 623C is the real anti air) with 22A when a lot of the cast doesn't have great anti airs. Kouma also has a great anti air with 2B so it's something they share. Despite not being fully invincible reversals both 22C and 214C are actually really solid DPs for a grappler in that they trade in your favor almost always. She is also one of the few characters with practical AAD setups that actually pays off in damage for doing the AAD. Also her j.C is just imo the best feeling button in fighting games. IAD j.C just has such a perfect arc and hitbox for approaching, air backdash j.C enables the 4 way mixup and can also gently caress up a lot of offense when you do it in neutral.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This is exactly how I played him the one time I did like 10 years ago. JUMP C, JUMP CANCEL C

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Artelier posted:

This is exactly how I played him the one time I did like 10 years ago. JUMP C, JUMP CANCEL C

its honestly one of th efunnest combos in fighting games

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The only B&B I could ever do :shobon:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I liked neco chaos' more because he barfed out the shadow demon thing instead

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Does Satsuki actually have a non-metered command grab? The only thing I saw for her was a "grab" that was actually blockable and not a grab at all.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Glagha posted:

Does Satsuki actually have a non-metered command grab? The only thing I saw for her was a "grab" that was actually blockable and not a grab at all.

236B is a grab but it's very slow.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

every character i play is a grappler because im a moron who tries to throw at every available opportunity

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I just want Aoko back cause jeans and a tshirt while doing kickpunch lasers is the best poo poo make it young aoko and give her a dragon install style thing when she uses the fifth magic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ias1o4S1nOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The no sound thing on the Nickelodeon game makes it seem so cheap. I didn't realize how important sound design was, but even though the animations and gameplay is top notch, it sounds bad enough that I could see people not playing it because it seems like a cheap knock off.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

You know, I thought I wouldn't mind the mini skirt. Turns out I do. I don't like it. It's weird.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gologle posted:

You know, I thought I wouldn't mind the mini skirt. Turns out I do. I don't like it. It's weird.

I hate it gimme back the long skirt and sweater :mad:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

The no sound thing on the Nickelodeon game makes it seem so cheap. I didn't realize how important sound design was, but even though the animations and gameplay is top notch, it sounds bad enough that I could see people not playing it because it seems like a cheap knock off.

At least on PC it can possibly be modded in I would hope.

I'm more turned off by the $49.99 price tag lol

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

I hate it gimme back the long skirt and sweater :mad:

I’ve seen this take a few times now. I saw someone doing a breakdown of the custom character color scheme thing, and they got really hype when it seemed like Ciel was using her intro street clothes instead of her usual churchly murder mumu. If alt outfits are on the table, maybe the original long skirt is still a customization option as well?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

brainSnakes posted:

I’ve seen this take a few times now. I saw someone doing a breakdown of the custom character color scheme thing, and they got really hype when it seemed like Ciel was using her intro street clothes instead of her usual churchly murder mumu. If alt outfits are on the table, maybe the original long skirt is still a customization option as well?

Fingers crossed

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
No way alt costumes are a thing since it would mean redrawing every frame. Chances are the color customization just lets you set a different pallet for her intro pre-transform

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for reference when noel got an alt costume in blazblue it was stated to be nearly as much work as just making a whole new character and the staff got into multiple arguments about whether or not it was worth it.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

Skirt is fine but I'm not a fan of the boots

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't believe they buttoned up Roa's pants.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Arzachel posted:

Skirt is fine but I'm not a fan of the boots

The boots are easily the best part of the design.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Forget Melty, here's real news! With rollback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rz54HiG2E0

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought you were gonna link the Among Us fighting game that has rollback

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

Some day, my small group of close friends i’ve gotten into fighters will finally believe i’m not just rick rolling them when i beg them all to install kyanta and i’ll actually get to play it for realsies.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

I thought you were gonna link the Among Us fighting game that has rollback

I'm sorry the what

https://twitter.com/GrunkleBarlowe/status/1436076783644946432

I'm sorry the what

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Chev posted:

brainSnakes posted:

Some day, my small group of close friends i’ve gotten into fighters will finally believe i’m not just rick rolling them when i beg them all to install kyanta and i’ll actually get to play it for realsies.

Kyanta kicks so much rear end, all about Kinoko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Chev posted:

Stamina Type II bitch