Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the best part about guilty gear is moderately annoying old heads by swapping P/K and binding a macro to the empty button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly I find it way harder to play a horseshoe layout for 5 button games than just using my pinky. The only time I've had a problem with just using the entire top row and my thumb is if a button combination on a spread requires pressing with my middle finger and pinky at the same time. Then I just macro, but I can't think of anything that's needed that.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i also put p on top of k for guilty gear, but i also played ramlethal and she has punch and kick strings that i need laid out that way for my tekken brain

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pomp posted:

the best part about guilty gear is moderately annoying old heads by swapping P/K and binding a macro to the empty button

I use the empty button to bait dp baits.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I use the empty button to bait dp baits.

you fight without honor

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I use Type A with P and K swapped and a S+H macro in the empty space because it let's me do Blitz/FD/RC/DAA by pressing 2 buttons: Macro + another one.

Pomp posted:

Oh...

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
I was saved when learning Guilty Gear by having a background in Darkstalkers and Marvel and learning to chain 'up' froma Crouching Short as a common low starter for most characters in both series. The real challenge was getting used to my left bottom button rarely being an actual low starter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

BCD
A

No matter what you do, all your multi-button actions are adjacent to eachother

That's not bad reasoning.

I just migrated to from controller to stick a year ago and I'm used to having my D-drive/kicks/whatever on the lowest position and it just makes sense to me like that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I learned GG on pad with default controls then transitioned to stick but kept the pad layout so I guess that's type E

I don't use a macro for anything. I'm dumb

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
type D and E make me want to vomit

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
if you use anything but the default layout for any game you are weak and a coward*

*exception for accessibility reasons

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Type-D is apparently the default layout and therefore what I've been using because :effort:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

if you use anything but the default layout for any game you are weak and a coward*

*exception for accessibility reasons

who needs bravery when you have projectiles

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Okay my stupid stick is done. I got a longer shaft and that feels a lot better. Also thought clear buttons in the SNK colors was a good idea for some reason. But yeah. This ridiculous thing is out and about now. Also wow is it easy to break the mounting tabs for clear buttons, snapped about 3 off just getting buttons swapped and putting art into them.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005
You should have gone with 9 directional arrows, like the qanba obsidian:

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
Still waiting for someone to reach top 8 with one of these.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
You basically gotta do P/K swap as Axl, or else you'll gently caress up your Tenhou Seki counters every single time.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Did someone say stupid stick

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

canoshiz posted:

0/10 the buttons aren't also joysticks.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Yeah and where's the right joystick for lefties?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Gabby_Jay posted:

Still waiting for someone to reach top 8 with one of these.

Hori's going an interesting route with the RAPs.

Dreqqus posted:

Yeah and where's the right joystick for lefties?

You rotate it 180 and hit the "Right/Left Handed" switch like on the old Gravis pads. The only problem is the numbers around the stick won't be right anymore.

EDIT: Oh poo poo that thing has TWO keyboard crosses; it gets more confusing the more I look at it. All that and no trackball either, what a weenie.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 22, 2020

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

This is my button layout for SamSho

C

You have the spirit of a true warrior.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Soul Calibur 6 has become a lot more fun to play since they toned down the weird Reversal Edge/Rock Paper Scissors feature. Reversal Edge doesn't happen so often now, and when it does, it doesn't last very long.

I've been goofing around with new video editing software and made some DOA6 basic combo guides. For some reason the Eliot one is the least popular. Imagine that!!!!!

Rachel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJmhgV7LuY
Ayane - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF-x0CGvsVE
Eliot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_nWaHhFhU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

canoshiz posted:

This kicks rear end though

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
American stick with numpad notation is a powerful combination

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

those WASD keys kill it for me. Otherwise good

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

yo mamma a Horus posted:

type D and E make me want to vomit

I use type d with HS and Dust swapped. Am I normal.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Just. Why do they have 2 separate keypads, 1 hitbox button set AND a joystick? And what's the extra button by the hitbox up button? The only way I can wrap my mind around this is that it's meant either for playing retro games on DOSBox as well as fighters or for a couple different people who like different setups to be able to use.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 22, 2020

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Looks fine to me, it trivializes the Mexican Backdash input

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

HerniaFlange posted:

Just. Why do they have 2 separate keypads, 1 hitbox button set AND a joystick? And what's the extra button by the hitbox up button? The only way I can wrap my mind around this is that it's meant either for playing retro games on DOSBox as well as fighters or for a couple different people who like different setups to be able to use.
Even the same person can prefer different setups at different times. If that thing was for sale when I was buying I would have gotten it.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Tipme posted:

I use type d with HS and Dust swapped. Am I normal.

you weird... but i like u

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dhamster posted:

Mexican Backdash

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The only Mexican tech is the Mexican AA, aka the Pub AA (not that AA) down here.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its a clean stick and the non keyboard buttons are fine, even the Happ stick is fine.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its a clean stick and the non keyboard buttons are fine, even the Happ stick is fine.

Oh, no argument on that, it's a very well made and designed stick, down to the art, I'm just having trouble trying to figure out if the multiple directional setups are good. It's like a Sphynx cat, yeah they they're cool, they're sleek, they're obviously capable of all the proper cat things except shedding, but you're still left wondering why they bred something that looks like an angry scrotum, and why is it in Buffalo, NY, because every good reason you come up with outside of "aesthetics" is quickly countered by something else.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The purple ones are p freakin cute

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

The purple ones are p freakin cute

:yeah: I love them and want one, I just don't get why it's a good idea to have one versus a pet that doesn't require a wardrobe.

As in, the stick's like them because there's a reason for them existing because there they are, I just don't completely get the reasons. Thank you for reading my screed that reads suspiciously like it was just an excuse to call something an angry scrotum.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 23, 2020

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
This... is definitely a welcome surprise out of nowhere

https://twitter.com/krispykaiser/status/1220137786197467136

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
After three years just give everyone the better version? I’m thrilled as hell, but wondering what’s in it for them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

After three years just give everyone the better version? I’m thrilled as hell, but wondering what’s in it for them!

People who don't have it/didn't originally buy it might buy it now.