Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mintergalactic posted:

probating endorph for posting a slur someone else said and then giving this post a slide definitely doesn't seem like you have a weird agenda dude very cool keep up the good work

Yeah this poo poo sucks friend. Probing gay person talking about homophobia while also letting one of the absolute worst posters in this thread go on after that post is awful.

If you gotta go to the committee to get back up instead of listening to the whole thread tell you you hosed up you're not really going to learn or do well. Cause the mod team is prone to similar gently caress ups and then doubling down on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm not much for "mods are cops" comparisons, but when the guy who hands out the "ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS POLICE WILL NEVER HELP YOU" gang-tags is punishing a minority for existing while letting a bigot off with a warning, well...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread!

Infinitum posted:

Yeah nah this thread is right.

I've listened to your feedback, gone back to have another re-read in context, and they've been giving their marching orders.
In my role as IK I am trying to be as supportive as I can be, and I want you to know that I'm I 100% have your back if someone is being homophobic/bigoted/racist/etc in threads.
I hope this comes across in my posts whenever I have to stop in and make a decision, and I apologise if I give off a brusk or flippant impression by posting like an Aussie :v:

In this case I made the wrong call the first time, as my personal modding style is to issue warnings more than probes.
They're off for six, and they'll be looked at by a mod on top of it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm still pretty worried about nuckledu y'all

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

He posted about hanging up the arcade stick, so to speak, I'm not sure if it was because of the accident or because of...<gestures in the general direction of the FGC>

If that's what it takes for him to be happy, so be it, I guess.

edit: oh...it got worse.....

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Does anyone have the thejoker138 post. Not the finger puzzles one the one about mlg virgins

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

mango sentinel posted:

Jebailey and someone else are checking in on him, hopefully that should help.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Infinitum posted:

From your replies in that thread:

Infinitum posted:

I hope this comes across in my posts whenever I have to stop in and make a decision, and I apologise if I give off a brusk or flippant impression by posting like an Aussie :v:

Infinitum posted:

I legit have to go to bed though, as it's close to 2am here in Australia.
As someone who is also posting at 2am from Australia, it looks like you're using the continent you're sitting on as an excuse to not pay attention to what you're throwing probes at, or to not care about the context in which sensitive topics are discussed. That's a poo poo excuse, and if it's your best one I fear that this subforum under your oversight may well be, to use a colloquialism you'd be familiar with, rooted.

Bring back Barudak, is what I'm trying to say here.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 9, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Infinitum posted:

6ers ARE a warning. That's the whole point of their existence. It's not long enough to be a real punishment it's just a quick little "Hey gently caress off with whatever this post was". "Warnings Not Probes" just leads to lovely posters getting worse over time while you tut tut over them.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dias posted:

He posted about hanging up the arcade stick, so to speak, I'm not sure if it was because of the accident or because of...<gestures in the general direction of the FGC>

If that's what it takes for him to be happy, so be it, I guess.

edit: oh...it got worse.....

jebailey and hungrybox went and talked to him at this house, they say he's ok

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Buddy it was really lovely that you gave that post a pass and I think you should heavily reflect on why exactly you thought inaction was the best call in regards to a post that was both incredibly hostile and yikes as gently caress.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Anything that people are willing to receive in order to get a kitty picture on their rap sheet isn't nearly strong enough punishment to not be a go-to.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Hey, remember that Zoids fighting game Eighting made?

It's coming out in the US https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Gw2-umrlI

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
On review, Bit Cloud actually is a pretty cool name.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Zeether posted:

Hey, remember that Zoids fighting game Eighting made?

It's coming out in the US https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Gw2-umrlI

That's actually kinda wild. Is Zoids still a thing?

I remember enjoying the 2001 series when I was a literal child, but I can't imagine it continuing 19 years later

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Smoking Crow posted:

jebailey and hungrybox went and talked to him at this house, they say he's ok

That's good to know, dude's been having a rough week. Him and Sonicfox, they're also not having a lot of fun recently and it's mostly poo poo tangential to them too.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Does Samurai Shodown ever go on sale? I'm guessing PS4 has the highest player count? No cross-play + Epic Games Store being the only PC platform is really too bad from an online play standpoint.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I remember enjoying the 2001 series when I was a literal child, but I can't imagine it continuing 19 years later

yeah! there was a recent season of anime for it (zoids wild, the one that this is tied into) that people seemed to enjoy well enough judging from my timeline when it was airing? although it was definitely aimed at kids. and lots of new models and stuff and rereleases and such. every time they reprint a kit it basically sells out instantly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

il serpente cosmico posted:

Does Samurai Shodown ever go on sale? I'm guessing PS4 has the highest player count? No cross-play + Epic Games Store being the only PC platform is really too bad from an online play standpoint.

it just came out on PC like less than a month ago so it'll be a while before its on sale.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

yeah! there was a recent season of anime for it (zoids wild, the one that this is tied into) that people seemed to enjoy well enough judging from my timeline when it was airing? although it was definitely aimed at kids. and lots of new models and stuff and rereleases and such. every time they reprint a kit it basically sells out instantly

Dang that's cool. Building those robots seems like a ton of fun, I don't think I could ever be patient or dextrous enough to do it myself though.

Now back to practicing touch of death combos in a power rangers fighting game for hours

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I remember Zoids from when I was a literal child too, in 1986. In 2001 I was already in the "Is Zoids still a thing?" phase.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I had the same reaction.

I remember initially enjoying the show as a kid, but being disappointed that episodes didn't have continuity like say Digimon.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Chev posted:

I remember Zoids from when I was a literal child too, in 1986. In 2001 I was already in the "Is Zoids still a thing?" phase.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gamerant reports some rumors of MvC4 and SF6. The source is FChamp so make of this what you will.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Technowolf posted:

Gamerant reports some rumors of MvC4 and SF6. The source is FChamp so make of this what you will.

LOFL

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't believe it for a second and he's just trying to get his name to have better search engine results.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Technowolf posted:

I can’t wait for FChamp to beg for a dev copy of MvC4 so he can have a multi-month head start only to still lose tournaments

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Marn says his uncle who works at ArcSys told him they're working on GGxDBZF

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

MechaX posted:

I can’t wait for FChamp to beg for a dev copy of MvC4 so he can have a multi-month head start only to still lose tournaments

Sonicfox does not get enough credit for single-handedly demolishing Fchamp's hopes at being a MVCI god.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

quote:

Capcom is rumored to be actively working on both Marvel vs. Capcom 4 and Street Fighter 6, a new unreliable report claims

Though lots of people were expecting a MvC4 teaser with Evo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So if theres a mvc4 you think they'll learn anything from infinite?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

If anything

I'm expecting the double down

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

mycot posted:

Sonicfox does not get enough credit for single-handedly demolishing Fchamp's hopes at being a MVCI god.

And Sonicfox hates the game too.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

If anything

I'm expecting the double down

two infinity stones?!

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
TBF FChamp did have access to Capcom sources, I think he even leaked some poo poo early.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dias posted:

TBF FChamp did have access to Capcom sources, I think he even leaked some poo poo early.

And there were indications that SFV was ending, so I would believe an SF6 would have been announced at EVO until that fell apart.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Technowolf posted:

And there were indications that SFV was ending, so I would believe an SF6 would have been announced at EVO until that fell apart.

I was kind of expecting this tbh, they'd release the last season pass + SFVI news and a trailer

Them including MvC2 as a showcase game was definitely pointing towards an announcement about something MvC related. I could see it being MvC4 (hopefully with some lessons learned), but I was really pulling for a modern re-release of MvC2 with rollback or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

How about maybe not charging people full price for what might as well be an early access title, you greedy incompetent fucks

There should be way more points in there under lessons learned. SFV sucks rear end and playing it makes me wish I was playing 3rd strike instead