Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Since the latest patch that addressed the desync issues I've been having so much fun with this now. It's so good to finally be able to play this game like it was intended offline too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My first GG was I think just XX on PS2 and the menu music feels really nostalgic to hear, like I never Really Played +R but a lot of the sounds and visuals feel really familiar. Coming from mostly learning in Xrd too it's fun to see how much of what I already knew ported back to the older game.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Just played a bunch of matches and it felt great. Fought a lot Order-Sol, had no idea he was so popular. Ended the night with like 20 matches against Millia player that reliably anti air'd my May 2HS which forced me to change my approach.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I played +R for the first time with friends for the first time tonight and holy poo poo it rules. I learned Slayer in Xrd, and he's loving crazy in this version! 2 types of cross up Dandy? Manual "It's Late"?? 6K +5 on block??? I'm in awe lol.

Also I love how many different movement options the cast has. Bridget's ability to stall and shift momentum is hella dope looking.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

darealkooky posted:

+R took one of the main things that made sol complicated (sidewinder loops) and gave you the ability to automatically set up the perfect spacing for them by spending a bit of meter

Is this the 2S 2D xx Bandit Revolver RC j. Sidewinder setup?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
No, that's been one of the ways into Sidewinder loops forever. The tricky part of Sidewinder loops is positioning things so you get the Clean Hit. +R gave Sol an EX Sidewinder that always Clean Hits.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I played like 30 minutes of Guilty Gear X 100 years ago and thats the length of my GG experience so I got noooo clue what to do in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R Showcase Showdown: The Final Assault. Buuuut if I mash out marvel-ish poo poo with Chipp Zanuff it at least LOOKS pretty cool. 3 bucks well spent.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Do we know who's doing the +R GGPO thing? Mike Z had been openly maneuvering to make that happen for a while and he no longer has anything else going on...

Close enough: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/372885/Lab_Zero_founder_Mike_Zaimont_suspended_from_work_on_Guilty_Gear_update.php

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Artelier posted:

With their guest appearances in other franchises, I have decided that Fatal Fury is SNK's real flagship series. Let's ignore the fact that a new game hasn't been made in like 20 years. Flagship!

AHEM!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qJL_uxYQwk

FLAGSHIP!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I played some +R last night and I had fun with it. I played Ky since I wasn't sure if the desync thing was patched yet, I'll probably also give Faust and Zappa a try though now that it's fixed. Javelin and FBs are all pretty cool tools. I don't really miss YRC, FRC windows seem a bit tight but I guess it's a muscle memory thing.

I always like the phase of online FGs where there are a lot of people on and learning, it gives a lot of leeway to learn stuff and try things out. (Then I pick a shoto anyway..)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I mean if you wanna be all anal about it, wouldn’t The King of Fighters just be all sequels to Fatal Fury which was all about competing in The King of Fighters?

So there been like 25 Fatal Furys!

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1321805256703963138

this is a really cool thread about early capcom marvel games

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Man, Children of the Atom loving whipped rear end when I was a kid.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Smoking Crow posted:

https://twitter.com/ACPR_Network/status/1322006142524928000?s=20

Player matches are crossplay but ranked is not

KI is like one of 3 games where ranked matters

not sure concurrent steam users are going to be a meaningful metric for a japanese company that largely does its business on consoles

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Everyone's always "hoping they're listening", but we've seen how that goes with stuff like the terrible lobby system they doubled down on. I hope nobody's holding their breath at this point.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Wait hold on. So the team working on the rollback quietly brought him on board after he fired everyone from lab zero and now they're announcing he was let go for brownie points? What the gently caress?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

Wait hold on. So the team working on the rollback quietly brought him on board after he fired everyone from lab zero and now they're announcing he was let go for brownie points? What the gently caress?
games industry.txt

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wrist Watch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V2sBURgUBI

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Last night i played an airdasher game with rollback. It was a beacon of hope for the future in an otherwise bleak year.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I was gonna buy GG XX Accent Core Plus R (lmao that name) since I saw it was $3 thanks to Jmcrofts, but then Steam said I already owned it. Cool :) I have zero clue how/when I ended up obtaining it lol. Gonna try it out this weekend with friends. My first anime fighter :haw:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

teagone posted:

I was gonna buy GG XX Accent Core Plus R (lmao that name) since I saw it was $3 thanks to Jmcrofts, but then Steam said I already owned it. Cool :) I have zero clue how/when I ended up obtaining it lol. Gonna try it out this weekend with friends. My first anime fighter :haw:

Opt into the beta branch and download the update

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Wrist Watch posted:

They're not doing it for brownie points, they're doing it because they didn't expect to get caught out but they were.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wrist Watch posted:

And apparently in the hopes that "he would do the right thing."

Mike Z.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I miss stage intros. Which one is your favourite and why is it Geese Howard's?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Artelier posted:

CVS 1 car crash intro.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Artelier posted:

I like the Last Blade 2 ones

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

kirbysuperstar posted:

I like the Last Blade 2 ones

SNK was really on to something with how LB1, 2, and Garou had those really quick/stylish stage intros. I always wished more fighting games had them since they're fast and add a lot and there's always going to be at least a little load time to cover up anyway. But in the LB1 single player on the Neo Geo those were also such an awesome way to quickly link the characters to their background and build their personality a bit without any words. Sort of like wrestling promos/entrances

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1322260127584522241?s=19

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Family friendly fun for everyone!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerous precedent being set, that content requires context!! you can never come back from this!!!

night slime
May 14, 2014
You can't cut back on contextless (??) You will regret this

night slime
May 14, 2014

euphemism posted:

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1321805256703963138

this is a really cool thread about early capcom marvel games

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1322367067798990848

Must be cool to fly out to apologize to some goober and see his whole company go bankrupt a few years later

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

night slime posted:

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1322367067798990848

Must be cool to fly out to apologize to some goober and see his whole company go bankrupt a few years later

Imagine being so wrong about something. I bet that guy is the same one that sold mascot rights to Universal studios for a billion years.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Well, this was the 90s, where comic book writers basically turned insecurity into an aesthetic.

The MvC Sentinel is Kirby as gently caress in the best way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I still want MvC4, and even if it were just "all we did was multiply the graphics of MvC3 by 4 to scale it up smoothly and added rollback" Id probably still by it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't even like mvc and think mvc3 is ugly as hell, and like man, Marvel really dropped the ball.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

chumbler posted:

I don't even like mvc and think mvc3 is ugly as hell, and like man, Marvel really dropped the ball.

i mean it's a too many cooks situation between the people who made the MCU and modern capcom, of course it's loving hideous

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I really liked the roster that 3 had. It introduced me to Iron Fist and the phenomenal Brubaker run, had X-23 in it and had a very nice version of Dante.

Also cant mention 3 without this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDH0Ylp7bc&t=357s

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Archer666 posted:

Also cant mention 3 without this.

Worth it if only for marn getting denied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i mean it's a too many cooks situation between the people who made the MCU and modern capcom, of course it's loving hideous

Aren't you talking about Infinite instead of 3?