Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lt. Cock posted:

I love that Max runs more ads than cable TV.

https://github.com/odensc/ttv-ublock

tho it tends to break after a few days bc twitch is fighting really hard to show ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lt. Cock posted:

I love that Max runs more ads than cable TV.

twitch did a thing where if you don't roll ads manually it'll roll ads for you, so making a point to do it between games is better than twitch yelling at you about the travis scott burger in the last thirty seconds of grand finals

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Oh for real? I haven’t used twitch in forever.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
yeah twitch really wants to normalize all streams having commercial breaks

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lt. Cock posted:

Oh for real? I haven’t used twitch in forever.

yeah. if you're subbed to a channel you don't get ads so it's supposed to be an incentive, and iirc the streamers get a (tiny) cut of ad revenue, but really people just grab that extension kild linked and wait for it to update

even with that in mind i think max is being possibly a little overcareful with the ad breaks, but it's one of those better safe than sorry situations

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Just can’t have nice things forever. The talent pool for this event is really great. I love how much variety this game still has nine years on.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I opened the stream and Max was like "When's Mahvel? It's RIGHT NOWwe'llberightback"

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I’ll watch all the ads to get yipes back in LA commentating everything again

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

There are supposedly no more midrolls, (which i can kinda confirm i haven't seen any) but for every 30 seconds of ads you run, prerolls are disabled for 10 minutes, so a 90 second break kills them for 30 minutes. These long ad breaks every 10 minutes reeks of some contractual poo poo twitch is pushing for these large showcased streams.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Boogalo posted:

There are supposedly no more midrolls, (which i can kinda confirm i haven't seen any) but for every 30 seconds of ads you run, prerolls are disabled for 10 minutes, so a 90 second break kills them for 30 minutes. These long ad breaks every 10 minutes reeks of some contractual poo poo twitch is pushing for these large showcased streams.

if you're getting breaks every 10 minutes or sooner one of the reasons that can be is that you did one of the old ways to attempt to block twitch ads, which didn't actually work (it tried to change what version of the video feed you were getting which had a side effect of turning off twitch's ability to know how recently you got an ad)

if you did that, clear it out

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
from my experience watching TOs set up parsec pipelines it's a gigantic pain in the rear end to get everything up and running, so the long ad breaks also help them make sure everything is actually working

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
did mvc4 get announced yet

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

BoosterDuck posted:

did mvc4 get announced yet

no, if anything it got un-announced when that capcom leak happened

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zU27twX730

rip smash bros

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You know I was pretty skeptical but then Egg Dog appeared.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

No Fishbunjin? No buy. :colbert:

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Three years into Fighterz and I'm finally getting the hang of it. Just started hopping into online matches for the first time and I'm up to Namekian with 20 games and only one loss. Hope to keep carving my way up the rankings as I go.

This game has really improved my understanding of fighting games in general, helped me recognize that I love a good zoner, and makes me really want to hop back into other team fighters like Skullgirls knowing what I know now.

This is the first fighting game not counting Smash where I can actually scout out my opponents weaknesses to my advantage, which is a big deal for my adhd button-mashing rear end. I've still got a lot of work to do in terms of consistency, I drop combos all the time but I'm able to work the scramble in my favor.

Hoping we get either a Super Fighterz or another property with this same framework, a team Naruto fighter with the same mechanics minus superdashing would be sick.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Ibexaz posted:

Three years into Fighterz and I'm finally getting the hang of it. Just started hopping into online matches for the first time and I'm up to Namekian with 20 games and only one loss. Hope to keep carving my way up the rankings as I go.

This game has really improved my understanding of fighting games in general, helped me recognize that I love a good zoner, and makes me really want to hop back into other team fighters like Skullgirls knowing what I know now.

This is the first fighting game not counting Smash where I can actually scout out my opponents weaknesses to my advantage, which is a big deal for my adhd button-mashing rear end. I've still got a lot of work to do in terms of consistency, I drop combos all the time but I'm able to work the scramble in my favor.

Hoping we get either a Super Fighterz or another property with this same framework, a team Naruto fighter with the same mechanics minus superdashing would be sick.

Its an amazingly fun game and probably the best active fg on the market. And all the goon handwringing about it was completely destroyed by the season 3 and 3.5 updates. *camera cuts to UI goku putting me into a mixup while he's the one in HKD*

E: also if you want a dbzf-ish arcsys game that plays more traditionally might I suggest granblue

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dbzf is seriously a great first fighting game and the best stepping stone to anime airdashers out there imo

its a great way to learn all the arcsys gimmicks like jump cancelling M attacks and stuff, and dbz is a approachable enough IP that it wont feel too weird to non anime people.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I've recently picked up DBFZ on PC after previously playing on Switch and been having a lot of fun with it. Still mashing autocombos and praying sometimes but learning staggers and mix-ups properly for the first time feels great.

A Naruto game with a tad less emphasis on rushdown sounds awesome. Granblue looks fun but I don't know the anime and the tiddies seem embarrassing lol

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 25, 2020

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah, it would suck having to explain Zeta or Metera to your mom. Good call.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That's why you play belial

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
that just invites different questions

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just play soriz and stare at his old man rear end every time you super

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kongming posted:

Yeah, it would suck having to explain Zeta or Metera to your mom. Good call.
Aw come on, they made tamer versions of their outfits just for this game!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oooh pretty

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sounds like it’s just one of the “don’t wanna play anime” option select excuses. Just say you don’t wanna play anime (except dbz cuz like cowboy bebop that doesn’t count)

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 25, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

for some reason i wasn't a fan of potemkin's new theme when i first heard it. "Society" but now i think its the strongest track they've released for strive so far and i listen to it every day when im working. also stop worrying what people think of your pervert characters its 2020.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will make the world's first Socially Acceptable Fighting Game Your Girlfriend Won't Judge You As A Horrible Sex Pervert For.

*Travels back in time to make Gundam Wing Endless Duel*

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

primal rage and ballz 3d are the only games left after the great horney purge of 2020

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I have to get to know the tiddies as a character and can't settle for hollowed out tiddies

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

primal rage and ballz 3d are the only games left after the great horney purge of 2020

was clayfighter horny at all

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

in 2020, it is

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

AFashionableHat posted:

in 2020, it is

poo poo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Based on a cursory visit to deviantart, it apparently was for some.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
*literally any object or concept*
“Hmmm but can I gently caress it?”

This has been the primary motive of all mankind’s advancements.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Legit though Endless Duel is cool and bamco should do a rerelease with the 3 netcode. Or 4 or whatever number Harada says they're on now.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

unrelated to horney, but i learned recently that iron galaxy almost worked on a clayfighter reboot instead of KI

imagine how cursed that would have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

chumbler posted:

I will make the world's first Socially Acceptable Fighting Game Your Girlfriend Won't Judge You As A Horrible Sex Pervert For.
I was gonna say Rise of the Robots (my answer to everything!) but then I remembered the final boss is a hajime sorayama pinup. Ah well, Fight of Animals then.

Yeah it's nice how they had that sphere-based engine but resisted the temptation to give a character balloon breasts and oh wait they didn't.

Yeah it's nice how they had that prehistoric fantasy setting but resisted the temptation to feature sexy cavewomen and oh wait-