Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Looks like the Johnny is spacing himself out properly against Blade Charge, I see no problems there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So I was playing Kolin and G again and remembering that there are fun characters in this game. How are Poison and Zeku? Are they fun?

Did they ever buff Falke? I liked her pseudo Venom gameplay

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Max Wilco posted:

If I was going to order buttons and a stick, would FocusAttack be the best place to go? I got recommended a few sites several pages back, but FocusAttack seems to be the go-to site from what I gathered.

Anecdotally I'd say order from Arcade Shock. Same prices, better stock on Korean parts (not too applicable for you unless you try Crown buttons), faster shipping (again, anecdotally since they're in the same state) and Focus Attack like just this week hosed up and sold more JLFs than they had in stock and have to place orders on hold while they try to catch up. Focus Attack just happens to have a few specialty items you don't have a choice with like new aluminum faceplates and easy art printing.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I've had good overall experience with both of those shops in addition to Paradise Arcade. Their selection varies enough that one will have something neither of the others do.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

TulliusCicero posted:

So I was playing Kolin and G again and remembering that there are fun characters in this game. How are Poison and Zeku? Are they fun?

HawaiianShirtMan plays Zeku, and he has a really good time doing it. Falke was apparently buffed in the past few patches.

I've played a small amount of SFV recently, mostly using Rashid. The highlight for me was running into a guy named IMTHEBEST420 who really embodied the Flowchart Ken stereotype.

dhamster fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 2, 2021

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

People seem to really like Zeku. Poison a lot of folks are more sour on, since she's basically Xrd-era Axl Low in the Street Fighter engine and has been every bit as oppressive as that sounds, but the people who enjoy her love her since she's really unique for a defensive character/zoner in SF (in part by being a defensive character/zoner actually seeing success in SFV) while also having some solid blow-up potential.

Which leads to Falke, who has received nothing but buffs since her genesis and has been bottom 5 her entire life despite that- her kit's just never worked in SFV. That said, Season 5 is likely the largest set of buffs she's ever received, between her being one of the biggest beneficiaries of V-Shift with her lack of good reversals and bad V-Triggers, her projectiles becoming better in a patch where most good projectiles have seen nerfs, and much better meterless/one bar conversions. I'm not convinced she's good because she's still Falke, but if her gameplan's gonna ever work, now is the time.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 2, 2021

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gologle posted:

Wait they made a new Mortal Kombat movie? Is it as good as the first one?

It's unlikely but we don't actually know yet as it releases on April 16th (theatrically and HBO Max). It's R-rated and has an R-rated trailer so that's promising, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYH2sLid0Zc

There was also a direct-to-video R-rated animated feature last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnFTl4MzCXY

It's dumb as balls but is entertaining in a turn-your-brain-off way, actually gives off some Ninja Scroll vibes.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I wonder if they'll introduce any of the characters from the new movie back into the game, like random not-Johnny or whoever

That MMA guy is definitely gonna be like, oh I need a stage name, and come up with Johnny Cagefighter before Sonya suggests shortening it.You can bet the farm on it

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
This is the coolest poo poo I've seen in a fg in quite a long time.

https://twitter.com/AkitoBass/status/1366711106442432513

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

CaptCommy posted:

This is the coolest poo poo I've seen in a fg in quite a long time.

https://twitter.com/AkitoBass/status/1366711106442432513

Holy :psyduck:

All fighting games should have this full stop.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holy poo poo what

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is +r their sandbox now to try all the cool poo poo possible now or what

jfc that owns

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

https://twitter.com/skeletal_minion/status/1366672331104468996?s=21

this has all the patch notes, and calls out some features in the replies

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Whoever is doing the QoL poo poo for +R on Steam deserves a promotion.

hopefully it's not mike z in a wig

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

what do they mean exactly by relaxed the inputs?

also jfc i need to find someone in +r to main

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

https://twitter.com/skeletal_minion/status/1366672331104468996?s=21

this has all the patch notes, and calls out some features in the replies

Skeletal Minion is an abuser please do not retweet him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

It's worth going through Bafael's overview of the changes each character got since they are a good view of how all the changes mesh together, particularly for less straightforward things like falling faster. Falke and Kage in particular got some neat routes.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Skeletal Minion is an abuser please do not retweet him.

this is the first i heard this, can you elaborate? not saying i don't believe you, i was just watching over a lot of his gameplay recently and thats a huge bummer to me if its true

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what do they mean exactly by relaxed the inputs?
You can miss some of the directional steps and still have it count. Like, half circle forward doesn't need to be 41236, 4136 works.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

sharrrk posted:

this is the first i heard this, can you elaborate? not saying i don't believe you, i was just watching over a lot of his gameplay recently and thats a huge bummer to me if its true

Short version: he abused and gaslit his partner for two years until she finally had a public breakdown, at which point SM tried to play the victim and mobilize the local scene in his defense against her. She had to move cross country to get away from him.
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp36ac

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ughhhhhh. well, thanks for letting me know

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arzachel posted:

Unless you know you need some specific model, JLF-TP-8YT is what you're looking for. '-SK' stands for shaft cover, T/S/- (flat, stepped, none) are mounting plate options, Y/- is the pcb orientation.

JLFD is their detachable lever option similar to thirdparty quick release shafts, JLF-TPRG uses silent micro switches with regular (A) and high tension (B) options.

Thanks.

Nazzadan posted:

Anecdotally I'd say order from Arcade Shock. Same prices, better stock on Korean parts (not too applicable for you unless you try Crown buttons), faster shipping (again, anecdotally since they're in the same state) and Focus Attack like just this week hosed up and sold more JLFs than they had in stock and have to place orders on hold while they try to catch up. Focus Attack just happens to have a few specialty items you don't have a choice with like new aluminum faceplates and easy art printing.

I was going to say, it looks like the sticks were sold out on Focus Attack. I checked Arcade Shock, and I think I found the right one, though I'm not sure (it's got the SK/shaft cover, but maybe you can remove it? Can't seem to find another one without the shaft cover).

EDIT: There's this one, without the mounting plate and wiring harness, but it's currently sold out.

EDIT2: Paradise Arcade is also sold out of the JLF-TP-8YT.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 3, 2021

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah, arcade shock, focus attack, and paradise arcade are all cool to buy from. I mainly use F-A because they're out of PA and shipping is way less for me.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Max Wilco posted:

Thanks.

I was going to say, it looks like the sticks were sold out on Focus Attack. I checked Arcade Shock, and I think I found the right one, though I'm not sure (it's got the SK/shaft cover, but maybe you can remove it? Can't seem to find another one without the shaft cover).

That shaft cover just shwoops right off, it's just a plastic tube that slides over the top half of the shaft. The only thing missing from that Arcade Shock JLF is an actual ball/bat top

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hellish quart telling me to wait for parsec is not confidence inspiring but the game seems cool. I like the look of the characters

Also got to play pr:bftg for a little while today. It owns.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Hellish quart telling me to wait for parsec is not confidence inspiring but the game seems cool. I like the look of the characters

Also got to play pr:bftg for a little while today. It owns.

It's extremely good

In other news I-no is still super sick and I can't wait to try her in Strive. I'm still terrible at the big airdash conversations, but I think I'm ready to go get smacked around online.

I was thinking about switching over to +R however since the online play is significantly better, despite her being a bit different there for sure, but my understanding is that she's way, way harder in +R than in Xrd. Is that correct? I know +R in general is a lot harder, but was hoping the basic stuff is similar

If so maybe I'll just mess around in delay based prison until strive comes out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shes hard af in xrd too so go nuts.
Im hype for baby mode ino in strive.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

one major thing is that her chemical love moves have a hcb,f input instead of the qcb input they have in Xrd. there’s probably more advanced stuff, but that alone sounds like a pain in the rear end

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Yeah having a full super input for a special is silly

Her boss mode form is also cheap as gently caress in +R

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

her dash to airdash is good poo poo. speaking of fun movement it sucks that May lost her ability to ride a charge dolphin into a set dolphin in strive

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Shes hard af in xrd too so go nuts.
Im hype for baby mode ino in strive.

Yeah it'll be nice for sure

I actually realized why the dang 6P 5HS IAD jK jS 214S portion of the combo is so hard and I don't know why I didn't notice it when I first started practicing. It's entirely because you can't jump cancel 5HS, which means it's actually a link to get the IAD jK in there, and seems like a fairly tight one. Not to mention I guess that if you press jK too fast it doesn't come out and gets swallowed up by the start of the IAD

The good news is that the timing really feels the same everywhere, regardless of mid screen or in the corner. Though I haven't actually tried it on other characters so there's probably some annoying character restrictions or something based on fall speed

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 4, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

one major thing is that her chemical love moves have a hcb,f input instead of the qcb input they have in Xrd. there’s probably more advanced stuff, but that alone sounds like a pain in the rear end

My friend who only played xrd before was blasting me with hcl constantly day 2 of +r so it can't be that bad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1367278816125718537

welp, strive delayed, maybe they'll fix the lobbies tho

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1367278816125718537

welp, strive delayed, maybe they'll fix the lobbies tho

That's a profound delay. Hopefully for scrapping the lobbies and starting over but lol they persisted until now.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
"Stability" is funny to me because outside of the Beta just outright making GBS threads itself, at least the matches themselves ensured that I will not go back to any delay-based online for awhile.

But man, if they actually do just completely revamp the lobbies for the old cab system...

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Once they fixed the server after the initial Zerg rush, the matches were PERFECT and the only negative was those lovely lobbys sucking and dropping players. Basically these lobbys should’ve been totally scrapped after the first beta but they didn’t wanna do it back then and now we’re suffering for it.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Aww man.. maybe I should just learn I-no in +r so I don't have to deal with delay based netcode for an extra two months

Sounds like they're reworking the lobbies though, considering they're specifically mentioning them in the announcement. Wonder what else they're working on?

Honestly if they opened up gatlings again it'd basically be perfect, though I liked the gameplay as it was. Maybe they'll add the replay stuff they're adding to +r as well?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’d be surprised if they were changing anything as drastic to the core gameplay as how gatlings work this late in the game. It’s likely entirely centered around a total reworking of how lobbies work or, god willing, just removing them entirely.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

I’d be surprised if they were changing anything as drastic to the core gameplay as how gatlings work this late in the game. It’s likely entirely centered around a total reworking of how lobbies work or, god willing, just removing them entirely.

Yeah, I presume it's lobbies + the instability.

I would love for them to add the resume replay stuff that's being pushed into AC +R though, that's really slick and honestly seems super useful as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
The resume replay stuff is so huge because you have an exact answer to people being like "why would I just watch myself get destroyed in replay" which, is a fair concern if you don't want to study frame data, research, etc outside of the game, with the answer being "okay how about just put yourself in that clutch situation again and you can experiment to see what works"

While I am bewildered that it took up to a loving Accent Core steam port to do this, this absolutely needs to be the industry standard going forward