Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

more people know who blanka is than literally any sf3 or sf4 debut character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
you mean besides breakout hit juri

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Yardbomb posted:

Blanka is a Z-lister

Blanka rules because in a game w/ Russian strong guy, Japanese Karate wanderer, American army man, and Indian mystic, the guy representing Brazil has bright orange hair and learned how to zap people from electric eels.

Blanka is the pinch of spice that elevates SF2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BoosterDuck posted:

you mean besides breakout hit juri

no more people know who blanka is than juri

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

blanka and e honda arent d listers theyve been in every sf game but 3.

They are the loving D Tier in all of those.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you can't seriously call anyone from the most important fighting game of all time "d-tier" just because you don't like them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blockhouse posted:

you can't seriously call anyone from the most important fighting game of all time "d-tier" just because you don't like them

Im assuming you are referring to hnk and sorry but Jagi is d tier

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Blockhouse posted:

Not that I consider either of those two D tier but amazing games can absolutely have lovely characters in them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The guy who just punched me while I was out biking in Japan for SF6

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gutcruncher posted:

Not that I consider either of those two D tier but amazing games can absolutely have lovely characters in them

oh absolutely

but if you're in sf2 I feel like you get godfathered in regardless

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Xand_Man posted:

Blanka rules because in a game w/ Russian strong guy, Japanese Karate wanderer, American army man, and Indian mystic, the guy representing Brazil has bright orange hair and learned how to zap people from electric eels.

Blanka is the pinch of spice that elevates SF2

when i was growing up half the fun of sf2 was that every friend had a different version of it- one friend had world warrior, another had super turbo, and the genesis friend had ce. Blanka was what brought me into fighting games bc it was rad as hell to shock people and bite em and it was cool to do it in all the different versions

also e hondas thousand hand slap was super fun

edit: also vf2 being in every single arcade around me

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I came back to SF5 for Honda.

The lamest only-gets-a-pass-because-SF2 is Ken, it's always been Ken

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ken is cooler than Ryu because Fire>Being really into training

Also SF2 remains a cultural touchstone because I was able to use "Go home and be a family man" at work

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Eagle is cool for some reason put Eagle in something

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Make an arena based, object heavy fighting game version of Street Fighter so we can use all the characters. Characters battle over "strength rocks" that when they get three they can use their v-trigger with the entire street fight cast. Make it a little wacky and cartoony, and four players.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Seems a bit too ambitious for Capcom, they would never make a game like that

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ken drives a nice car and listens to Alice in Chains, he's cool.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ken is a B+ version of Ryu and as such Im required to support him as we are kindred spirits.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ken is much spicier than Ryu in Smash Ultimate and is a fearsome high-tier in the hands of someone who knows how to use him well.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Blanka was what brought me into fighting games bc it was rad as hell to shock people and bite em and it was cool to do it in all the different versions

Honestly :yossame:

I don't know if it was planned, but Blanka was such a fantastic on-boarding character: Zapping people was fun and easy to do, he had great normals, relatively safe charge attacks, and the kind of insane character design/backstory a kid would make up

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blanka was my very first introduction to fighting games. I was playing Street Fighter 2, thought all the human characters were lame and wanted to play as the big green monster, then some slightly older kid behind me said "hey, duck and press jab jab jab." Thank you slightly older kid, you did a great service that day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ainda_ posted:

Eagle is cool for some reason put Eagle in something

hard fuckin agree here, eagle and rolento are my faves

heres hoping for stick fighter 6

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Reiley posted:

Here's a fun little fact for you but SF1's own Mike, in his guarded boxer's stance, goes on to become Mike Bison in SF2 and beyond.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/1464914452466126849

gently caress capcom

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Also gently caress the number of people directly responding to the wife beater comments with "get over it" "haters gonna hate" and all that poo poo

Terrible loving community

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

praying some hero breaks an arcade stick over his loving face in pools

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Endorph posted:

If only.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

wheres sanford when you need him

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Without playing him hands-on it's hard to say, but Happy Chaos seems both easy to play and also good.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wheres sanford when you need him

the one time throwing an arcade stick would be justified..

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Luke is 'not' Gunloc, Jr and I'm kinda sad.

However, the "kid who wholeheartedly joins the military after 9/11/ the War on Terror" is definitely a very real and recent American archetype. It also means he can get guidance from the SF-ers who were in it to End Bison and Related Evils and all the other altruistic stuff. The people with those motives like Guile, Charlie, Rose, and Chun-Li always seemed more like the true main characters to me anyways.

gently caress it, I like this guy. :kiddo:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

as a kid who enlisted directly after 9/11 i cant wait to beat the crap outta luke now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0yoNh0RQU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

always a fan of flame carpet type moves

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It keeps happening. What Inquistor was in Duke Nukem Forever I wonder

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Did we ever get actual word on how he got into EVO year before last. like was it literally just "we don't give a gently caress" or what

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ainda_ posted:

Did we ever get actual word on how he got into EVO year before last. like was it literally just "we don't give a gently caress" or what

Given how Wiz made a stink about it being a "triumphant comeback" I'm sure he was personally invited

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

ainda_ posted:

He was only officially banned from CPT tourneys for like a year or something, all the other tourneys had to ban him themselves and they just didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would anyone give a gently caress? like thats just how the fgc operates. if ltg didnt drown in pools he would have never been kicked out.