Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Fgo ahead and tell me what fgo is

You pay money to roll dice except for numbers the dice have faces of anime girls on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Fgo ahead and tell me what fgo is
fate stay night is a 2004 visual novel set in the same world as tsukihime, the visual novel melty blood is a spinoff of. fate grand order is a 2016 mobile game based on fate/stay night that is absurdly popular and has been for multiple years. saber in type lumina is from the fate series as a guest character, and they're also adding one of the main characters of fate grand order, mash, with this dlc wave.

if you know noted kusoge fate unlimited codes that was a fate stay night spinoff also.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

In Training posted:

Every major video game company on the planet could give you free characters and stages forever if they wanted. But they make more money charging for it is all. I guess they figured no one would buy melty chars for 8 dollars a pop or w/e.

True but most games don’t act as ads for other games, like MBTL was pretty transparently intended as

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I have no real history, knowledge, nor interest in the Nasuverse. But I am tempted to buy this game purely to play that cat girl gremlin reality breaker thing. ♪Nyan Nya Nya Nya Nyan♪

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
all you really need to know about tsukihime to follow melty blood is that there's vampires and a family of weirdo monster hunters who hate vampires and they have drama

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also that kouma murdered shiki's parents and, ten years later, also stole his tv

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Was it even a good TV

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

A Bystander posted:

Was it even a good TV

A tasty plasma, the kind you could use to watch Final Fantasy Spirits Within.

So, in retrospective, they did Shiki a favor.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

theres two identical twin maids -- hisui, and kohaku. but there is a third character called hisui & kohaku which is both of them,

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Endorph posted:

and also that kouma murdered shiki's parents and, ten years later, also stole his tv

Is that actually canon in Tsukihime?

Because lmao

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What is Arcueid's deal anyway? I know she is a vampire but she seems way more powerful than that and also seems fairly good guyish and unable to kill Shiki

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

theres two identical twin maids -- hisui, and kohaku. but there is a third character called hisui & kohaku which is both of them,

Ah, so they're triplets.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

fate stay night is a 2004 visual novel set in the same world as tsukihime, the visual novel melty blood is a spinoff of. fate grand order is a 2016 mobile game based on fate/stay night that is absurdly popular and has been for multiple years. saber in type lumina is from the fate series as a guest character, and they're also adding one of the main characters of fate grand order, mash, with this dlc wave.

if you know noted kusoge fate unlimited codes that was a fate stay night spinoff also.

They aren't set in the same world, they're supposed to be alternate realities or something but basically they're just toally separate canons

Also Type Lumina is based on the 2021 Tsukihime reboots which are their own separate canon which is why popular MBAACC characters like Satsuki, Len, and Nrvnqsr didn't return. Because they don't show up in the Tsukihime reboot story. Or in Satsuki's case, she does show up but never becomes a vampire.

TulliusCicero posted:

What is Arcueid's deal anyway? I know she is a vampire but she seems way more powerful than that and also seems fairly good guyish and unable to kill Shiki

She is the princess of the "True Ancestors" which were the artificial proto vampires created by the moon god. Unlike humans who get bitten and turned into vampires the True Ancestors don't actually need blood to live but they just get really really hungry if they don't have it, so they just spend 24/7 trying to suppress their urges to killmurderkillkill.

Red Arcuied is a hypothetical alternate reality version of her who fell off the wagon and failed her diet. And since she's no longer using 90% of her power to suppress her desire to murder and eat everyone around her she gets to use that power to throw cool projectiles and teleport instead.

also tsukihime is a very japanese VN so she becomes shiki's girlfriend and has sex with him and you have to read the sex scene

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 18, 2022

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

s Arcueid the main character or Shiki? The games seem to give her a ton of top billing

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TulliusCicero posted:

s Arcueid the main character or Shiki? The games seem to give her a ton of top billing

shiki is the viewpoint character
throughout the game the player decides whether they want Shiki to smooch Arc, Ciel, Akiha, Hisui, or Kohaku and depending on that choice they get a different story route

i think arcuied's route is the canon one? idk i'm only going from secondary sources here

e: also in one of the endings she awakens her true power and becomes literally a god(?) named archetype:earth
who is one of the two top tier characters in AACC alongside Roa. the wikis all call her hime to differentiate betwen that form and regular arc

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 18, 2022

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

When are they adding proper Akiha from the previous MB and not that weirdo currently in the game?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLvIoZ-WBfE

TulliusCicero posted:

Is that actually canon in Tsukihime?

Because lmao

I don't think it's specifically Shiki's TV, but yeah he lived at the Tohno manor for a bit before Akiha asked him to leave because him and Shiki in the same house would be awkward. When he left he took a TV with him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N80-QhOT1XA speaking of melty drat I thought they were supposed to be nerfing shield

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
At 0:27 Saber blocks Mashu's shield-A after getting her jumpin attack shielded which afaik is a shield nerf, previously you couldn't block and could only cancel into your own shield. But it's been a while since I played so maybe blocking always worked with safejumps?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

At 0:27 Saber blocks Mashu's shield-A after getting her jumpin attack shielded which afaik is a shield nerf, previously you couldn't block and could only cancel into your own shield. But it's been a while since I played so maybe blocking always worked with safejumps?

(I was joking because mash has a big shield)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
:negative:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mash owns, and as an FGO player I hope they add more Fate characters for free

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 18, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they need to add ryougi

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Add Jalter

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

You are loving with me there's no way there's a character named Jalter

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Glagha posted:

You are loving with me there's no way there's a character named Jalter

Well its Jean D' Arc Alter but people just call her Jalter for short.

Theres also Janta, which is the christmas version of her

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 18, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Add Aoko but Mahoyo Aoko

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
put thomas edison in melty

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well its Jean D' Arc Alter but people just call her Jalter for short.

Theres also Janta, which is the christmas version of her

Don't forget Salter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Or Lalter!

But Lalter is King Arthur (Artoria (Altria)) and not Jeanne D'Arc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres a guy named twice h. peaceman which feels like nasu got it from one of kojima's rejected scripts

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What the hell is Neco Arc in the lore anyway?

Is she like a Deadpool version of Arcueid or something?

She seems like she owns though

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Endorph posted:

theres a guy named twice h. peaceman which feels like nasu got it from one of kojima's rejected scripts

I looked it up and holy poo poo it's just Otacon in anime form lmao

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

What the hell is Neco Arc in the lore anyway?

Is she like a Deadpool version of Arcueid or something?

She seems like she owns though

I actually didn't remember but apparently in the original visual novel if you got a bad ending you'd get 3rd wall breaking sequence where Ciel tries to lead you through the options to get a good ending. Neco Arc shows up as a gag in these sequences. And yeah it's Arcueid but a cat.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
lmao pieceman's servant is loving Buddha

edit: he lost a servant between the couch cushions (or i guess battle but whatever) and some moon alien computer or whatever the gently caress "Moon Cell" is gave him buddha as a replacement

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ultima66 posted:

I actually didn't remember but apparently in the original visual novel if you got a bad ending you'd get 3rd wall breaking sequence where Ciel tries to lead you through the options to get a good ending. Neco Arc shows up as a gag in these sequences. And yeah it's Arcueid but a cat.

So this is how it started, but it later grew into them being interdimensional beings that are just lazy. They run a bar/restaurant called Ahnerbee where people in the 'verse can go to chill, and there are Neco versions of a lot of the cast.

It's a throwaway gag that grew into an established part of the world just to be a throwaway gag.

TGLT posted:

lmao pieceman's servant is loving Buddha

edit: he lost a servant between the couch cushions (or i guess battle but whatever) and some moon alien computer or whatever the gently caress "Moon Cell" is gave him buddha as a replacement

The Moon Cell is a big computer designed to simulate magecraft because we became too advanced for magic so we made tech so advanced that it could pass as magic.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 19, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the fun thing about a canon with multiple realities and a canon that can pull things from all of them is that any dumb thing you can think of exists somewhere and can be pulled out of there to the foreground

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

The Moon Cell is a big computer designed to simulate magecraft because we became too advanced for magic so we made tech so advanced that it could pass as magic.

Nah Moon Cell predates humans.

there probably is a computer like that somewhere in the nasuverse because lmao every story I hear about it is wild

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
As funny as Jalter or whatever would be I'd rather more Tsuki/MB characters proper lest the game just become an ad for google play cards

By which I mean, I want the Backalley Alliance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'd just like to see nrvnqsr, nothing else really matters to me in terms of established characters. maybe they could make up some new cool people