Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I didn't parse the image when they flashed it on screen but now that I'm actually looking at it I can see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
He seems to have a full vampire collar now instead of just the little shoulder cape? Could be cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jam and Dizzy are the two last big fan favorites left, so they're probably safe bets for season 4, with maybe a new character and an oddball pick to round it out

E: Robo-Ky

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Hoping they do another silhouette fakeout and it's Robo-Ky but his new body is just gucci'd out.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ryaomon posted:

Hoping they do another silhouette fakeout and it's Robo-Ky but his new body is just gucci'd out.

Robo-Ky also wears a cape...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1771687285441921484

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I thought those were wisps of smoke but they are clearly bats now that I have looked more closely.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

haha holy poo poo new song is a banger. how does he keep getting away with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwtpu59j9r4

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/makeupafgplayer/status/1772292724441383196

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

its gonna be sharon and itll kick rear end

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
Been messing around with Aba in training mode (No matches here yet, it's 7 am lol).

NM keygrab in the corner gives an automatic MM safejump.

Super wall break gives an automatic IAD safe jump in MM.

Also, as in the clip above, after MM throw in the corner you can OTG c.S into a safe jump.

NM jump is significantly floatier than MM jump so safe jump timings are different.

Her NM parry seems to have about 6 or 7f of startup.

Edit: Keygrab is at least +2 ob because after that she can ch Sol's 5K with her 4f 2P.

Command Dash can no longer go under Sol's 2S :(.

Edit 2: Corrected an error. Oops.

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 26, 2024

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A.B.A's arcade mode is kinda sweet :unsmith:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Guilty Gear Strive makes me hope that a relationship between an artifical lady and a Key axe demon man can work out :unsmith:

And they say fighting games don't have story

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
KI2013 is someone getting at least one... more... update. Hell of a run, certainly wouldn't have called it when it was first announced.

https://twitter.com/killerinstinct/status/1773056420629348740

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Add sea of thieves pirate

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
add clippy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Does ABA have a move called Lay All Your Love On Me?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My current super dumb skill issue:
Brain: ok I need to do a forward jump to start my corner combo and get the kill
Fingers: say no more fam does a neutral jump which my opponent punishes and then I die

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That type of thing is my only execution fumble lately. I wonder if switching from dpad to an all button controller would fix that...

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

spiritual bypass posted:

That type of thing is my only execution fumble lately. I wonder if switching from dpad to an all button controller would fix that...

Idk if you’re joking but rewiring your brain to leverless can take a pretty long time. I got one months ago and still have to make a ritual of mentally repeating “down is up, thumb is up,” among many other things. Some things are easier but I am honestly still worse than I was in most respects.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I got the cheap haute42 keyboard like leverless with the wasd layout on the left. Aside from being hilariously small and awkward to play with on your lap, it wasn't tricky to get used to thanks to muscle memory from playing on m+KB for a lot of games. Also playing guitar for a shitload of time has made my left hand coordination pretty insane so doing half circles wasn't that much of a learning curve. Haven't played against another person with it, but it feels perfectly fine in training mode for me so I'll try to get some games in at the local this weekend.

But with shipping and taxes it came out to $25 and is about the size of a modern day smartphone. Build quality is decent but I have no idea how to transport it other than in the box it came in.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

spiritual bypass posted:

Roll your thumb from forward towards up rather than from up towards forward. Forward registers as an action you can cancel into 9 jump but you can't steer an 8 jump forward if that's the first command you send.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZV8ygT8pNA

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The only way I've been able to make diagonal jumps work consistently on a pad is using 8-direction controllers that have diags mapped to their own button.

I hate to keep plugging the OG slim Saturn pad, but it, and others like it, really has been the last pad I've ever had to buy (at least for PC).

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Why do leverless controllers default to putting jump on your thumb rather than your pinky? Doesn't putting it on the thumb force you do a claw hand constantly?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Because you hit the spacebar with your thumb I'd guess.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sick, his rage art looks like he's doing a Rider Kick from the opposite direction.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Saw Maximilian talking about this but it's so drat true for fighting games. It's like as soon as a new game is out in the series, the prior one automatically starts becoming considered good while the new one is always complained about.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tekken 8 added battle passes three months after the game came out Jesus lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ulio posted:

Saw Maximilian talking about this but it's so drat true for fighting games. It's like as soon as a new game is out in the series, the prior one automatically starts becoming considered good while the new one is always complained about.

It isn't just fighting games. Pretty much any long running thing has it happen. Like, poo poo, I've seen more positive about Final Fantasy 16 since Rebirth came out than I have in the entire leadup.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ulio posted:

This Sajam clip is evergreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgBE0W-K20w

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Potsticker posted:

Because you hit the spacebar with your thumb I'd guess.

Yeah but that's my right thumb and that doesn't seem to be the assumption for leverless

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eeevil posted:

Yeah but that's my right thumb and that doesn't seem to be the assumption for leverless

You can use either thumb for up. That’s why the og hitbox and a lot of them use a bigger button for it.

Left, down, and right are grouped together cause it’s really fast to get the fireball motion out.

You may find the wasd layout better if hitting up with your thumbs isn’t intuitive.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I definitely hit the space bar with my left thumb when playing PC games

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Romes128 posted:

You can use either thumb for up. That’s why the og hitbox and a lot of them use a bigger button for it.

Left, down, and right are grouped together cause it’s really fast to get the fireball motion out.

You may find the wasd layout better if hitting up with your thumbs isn’t intuitive.

I'm playing SF6 on keyboard with jump on left shift and parry on spacebar, which seems like the obvious setup to me. Mostly I'm just wondering if there's some reason using your pinky for jump is bad.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Eeevil posted:

I'm playing SF6 on keyboard with jump on left shift and parry on spacebar, which seems like the obvious setup to me. Mostly I'm just wondering if there's some reason using your pinky for jump is bad.

It's a pretty weak finger.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol wtf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"You're more than welcome to play Mario and M'lady it up with your gannon buds"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
The discussion is actually quite mind boggling to read through lol. For an old competitive game I'm surprised there's so much agreement on avoiding players of certain characters. Like straight up disconnecting before the match starts.