Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes kinda boring as a character but his powerset is interesting

if you dont know hxh he can make explosions in his palms and shoot them out but his trump card is he can plant time bombs inside people, someone touching him deactivates them. if you flex that a little you could easily make a fun setplay/trap type character yeah. since he has to touch the target to plant the bomb you could even make him sort of a grappler too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

TGLT posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. She's in her 20s in the original Tsukhime and so she's probably that for every Melty Blood except Type Lumina where she still looks like a college student. (e: And that's assuming remake Tsukihime doesn't also move up her original birthday)

Anyways just because some women in real life don't "look" like they're in their 50s or 70s or whatever doesn't mean that it doesn't suck that dudes in video games get to look really old as gently caress but nearly every older woman doesn't.

like other than genkai in the old YYH fighting I'm drawing a blank. Matrimelee has a fight grandma I think?

Ask yourself, do you really want to play Russian Babushka?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/WistfulHopes/status/1785045449759731817?t=x2lkHATQP1f6nnAOiGeLlQ&s=19

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Waffleman_ posted:

They should bring Negan back

nobody cares about walking dead anymore they should just bring back jeff dean morgan as himself

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

ReverseStratum posted:

you're disappointed at genthru now but you won't be ready for tonpa tomorrow

look if they put tonpa in the game i'll hoot and holler. tonpa respect zone.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Gologle posted:

yes!!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

hes kinda boring as a character but his powerset is interesting

if you dont know hxh he can make explosions in his palms and shoot them out but his trump card is he can plant time bombs inside people, someone touching him deactivates them. if you flex that a little you could easily make a fun setplay/trap type character yeah. since he has to touch the target to plant the bomb you could even make him sort of a grappler too

Yes, I too have played Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think I may make an actual effort to try to get into SF6 ahead of Akuma and the big balance patch, though I am still wondering what character to play. Ryu or Luke is a fallback, and I really liked Honda in SF4 but apparently they got problems and I don’t want to count on buffs.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I think I may make an actual effort to try to get into SF6 ahead of Akuma and the big balance patch, though I am still wondering what character to play. Ryu or Luke is a fallback, and I really liked Honda in SF4 but apparently they got problems and I don’t want to count on buffs.

honda's perfectly fine. he's not used competitively due to him having a very basic gameplan without much variation and a crippling weakness to perfect parry, but he has one of the highest average WRs across every single skill bracket and is still at something like 50% in masters+

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

It might be a problem at the highest levels of competition, but for just playing the game he's 100% fine

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I might try classic now that I've gotten FG fundamentals beaten into me in GBVSR.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Gologle posted:

Yes????? Unless she's a zoner then grandma can go to hell.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Zoners own, actually.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gavok posted:

Ryu: "Look... out there in the audience..."

Akuma: "PEOPLE!! AAAAAAAHH!!"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Gologle posted:

Uhhhh, loving yes?

What Even is this question

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I might try classic now that I've gotten FG fundamentals beaten into me in GBVSR.

This reminds me that I gotta get back into gbvsr at some point, come to think of it

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

Zoners own, actually.

Mods??????????? MODS??????

zoners are a product of this sin-cursed world......

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Zoners own, actually.

I would ask you to step outside but then Id have to close the gap with you

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 30, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Psycho ball! Psycho ball! Psycho ball! Psycho sword! Psycho ball! Psycho ball! Psycho shoot! Psycho ball! Psycho sword!

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Mode 7 posted:

Zoners own, actually.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Psycho ball! Psycho ball! Psycho ball! Psycho sword! Psycho ball! Psycho ball! Psycho shoot! Psycho ball! Psycho sword!

If you just keep people away from you you'll never find your Queen of Fighters

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Barudak posted:

If you just keep people away from you you'll never find your Queen of Fighters

Oh yeah? Watch this.

Teleport!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
[hilda laugh]

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

images you can GO EXECUTE HERE GO DO EXCUSE ME HA HA HA IF I MAY GO EXECUTE CARE TO HEAR HOW THIS ENDS

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

...IN RUIN

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Unlucky7 posted:

it’s not really about character strength; as mentioned honda does fine in sf6. but as an sf4 honda player he just didn’t feel right to me. and I say that as someone who enjoyed playing a scuffed rear end may like honda in strive

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

nrook posted:

it’s not really about character strength; as mentioned honda does fine in sf6. but as an sf4 honda player he just didn’t feel right to me. and I say that as someone who enjoyed playing a scuffed rear end may like honda in strive

Honda in SF4 was so much fun.

Also, I watched JMCrofts's reaction video to Akuma (one of many I watched today lol), and he commented that Akuma's lvl 3 Super looks like Reina's Rage Art in T8 and now I can't unsee it

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

tonpa is in the game but is no longer selectable once the player reaches Hunter in ranked

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So is the 8bitdo Arcade Stick decent? I got it on whim and while I am not expecting it to magically make me a better player, I think it would slightly feel more comfortable pounding on big buttons again.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

nrook posted:

I played Honda in SFV and also something about SF6 Honda just doesn't click with me. I think I just really miss L Hands being plus on block.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

nice av/post combo:v:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Unlucky7 posted:

So is the 8bitdo Arcade Stick decent? I got it on whim and while I am not expecting it to magically make me a better player, I think it would slightly feel more comfortable pounding on big buttons again.

I use one and have found it pretty good for my fitegame needs.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/WistfulHopes/status/1785259922835550215?t=0OP3-UDoY7WmEdDJxe3MDA&s=19

https://twitter.com/WistfulHopes/status/1785298208610033725?t=SY9W8_wFF0C9MG6FPbB1fQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/WistfulHopes/status/1785393186732687403?s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 30, 2024

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Honda's probably the worst designed character in 6. He kind of needs a major rework to move around what his strengths are because he's just incredibly obnoxious at low and mid level play then rear end at the top level in a way that feels really bad.

Zangief might not be good but he feels much better designed outside of his useless moves like Tundra Storm and crHP

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RevolverDivider posted:

Honda's probably the worst designed character in 6. He kind of needs a major rework to move around what his strengths are because he's just incredibly obnoxious at low and mid level play then rear end at the top level in a way that feels really bad.

He needs a redesign, but the actual redesign is fairly straightforward - make non-EX headbutt/buttslam punishable, make hands plus, and make his baseline combo routes longer than "one medium linked to one light cancelled into one special."

Give him some cool combos that let him actually store sumo buff and use it in the same combo, IMO.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
A guy is streaming a Tekken bot rn that only mashes 3 with Eddy in ranked and it's a glorious shitpost of a stream. Highly recommend, it's one of those things that are much funnier than they sound.

He's in orange ranks rn

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Lichtenstein posted:

A guy is streaming a Tekken bot rn that only mashes 3 with Eddy in ranked and it's a glorious shitpost of a stream. Highly recommend, it's one of those things that are much funnier than they sound.

He's in orange ranks rn

I fell asleep watching a stream and woke up to them having raided this channel, and in my half-awake stupor I couldn't figure out why a lovely Eddy had so many viewers. This explains it lol

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

He's in orange ranks rn

dang I haven't checked on it since it went up and there's way more people watching it now

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/calikingz01/status/1785532779230621760?t=BXymyUP6S7sgYcoliENc_g&s=19

https://twitter.com/WistfulHopes/status/1785658245643977170?t=OqDvWu0rzw9L1SJFwmwGyA&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

poo poo is serious now with the MvCi shaders:

https://x.com/maximilian_/status/1785829442780274830