Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nah it's like a 2d fighter but there's no ground plane iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
psychic force?????

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

im deeply offended......

by the fact that someone would put the joystick on the right and the buttons on the left

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

fadam posted:

Nah it's like a 2d fighter but there's no ground plane iirc.

Psychic Force or Senko no Ronde, probably.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

anime was right posted:

im deeply offended......

by the fact that someone would put the joystick on the right and the buttons on the left

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

adapt or die....... the seth krillin way

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Good ol Cloth Hand

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoC_6UzBZU&t=219s

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Has anyone tried using a steam controller for fighting games? Like using the left touch pad to mimic a pad and kind of just draw on it with your movement?

I just ordered one with the steam link and wanna play fighting games on my couch but don't want to run a long USB cord to my PC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fuckin yeah!!

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Keegers posted:

Has anyone tried using a steam controller for fighting games? Like using the left touch pad to mimic a pad and kind of just draw on it with your movement?

I just ordered one with the steam link and wanna play fighting games on my couch but don't want to run a long USB cord to my PC.

In my experience, the Steam Controller is poo poo for anything that isn't turn-based, but I just went back to my Xbox controller when I didn't feel like using mouse & keyboard for something.

I don't think it would work well for fighting games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Steam controller is really bad for NRS fighters or any that require cardinal inputs from the D-Pad. Yes you can usually change the controller settings to include diagonals but it'll still screw up your inputs.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...er-5-back-2015/

This article showed up in my Google Now. Basically says 'A guy in 2015 once tweeted SFV would be bad' while waffling on whether SFV is good or not. Kind of puzzling.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's clickbait

They even put the tweets on separate pages so you have to get served ads that many more times

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Figured as much. I should blacklist eventhubs from my Google Now. Might have been the least informative article I've seen in some time.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
even thubs is pretty awful

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I want to buy a stickless fight controller, is the Hitbox the best option

I've got a cheap chinese hitbox and it's got sanwa buttons so works fine, great for shortcuts in one direction and footsies (lol SFV). Don't use it to play, despite the future terminator apocalypse because I like churning the butter too much; Madcatz Fightstick PRO too stronk. Know a good chun who wishes they switched to hitboxo earlier and recommends them.

Brosnan posted:

Why would you get a hitbox if you ever planned to play in person?

Met a cool dude custom hitbox guy at Canada Cup last year and he was fine (made it out of poules in losers). Played boxer in SFV. Clearly knew what the advantages were at that time.

impulse 7 effect fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 27, 2017

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
PSA Virtual On Oratario Tangram became backwards compatible today on xbone, it's rad and more people ahould play it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

even thubs is pretty awful

mostly every FG specific website I've seen kinda blows but I check them every friday to see if a game I like is being played in some far off country

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

mostly every FG specific website I've seen kinda blows but I check them every friday to see if a game I like is being played in some far off country

To be fair, they don't even do a good job of that. SRK didn't have anything about the Red Bull Proving Grounds until after it finished. Also, it seems like more and more I see events cause of people that I follow on twitch that are never mentioned on any of the main sites. As far as a website that is good for promoting events and weeklies, there's basically nothing outside of Twitter.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

How is Tekken on PC? I want to play a fighter that my scene plays and SFV just bores me now, I think i might go to the 3d dark side. Is the online alive/playable?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's great on PC

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dracula Factory posted:

How is Tekken on PC? I want to play a fighter that my scene plays and SFV just bores me now, I think i might go to the 3d dark side. Is the online alive/playable?

Yes and yes.

also play guilty gear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont spoiler play gg, someone could miss it and gently caress up

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Don't play GG play melty blood.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If anyone still loves Darkstalkers, Darkstalkers Resurrection is a free PS3 game through PS+ in July.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Keegers posted:

Don't play GG play melty blood.

Have you ever wanted to play GG but you can't be bothered with trying hard? Melty Blood might be the anime fighter for you! Includes: maids, robot maids, vampire maids, cat maids, literal cat maids, biohazard, 2a.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont spend any time in marriot ballroom bathrooms so ill never get good at melty

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Don't play melty blood play Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Don't play melty blood play Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

best advice in this thread

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

That's so cool

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I really love that the best Dragonball game in terms of gameplay is also going to be the best Dragonball game in terms of Dragonball. There are going to be so many salty Xenoverse players online. I can't wait! :twisted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ybrik posted:

That's so cool

If anyone asks why people got so much more bitter towards MVCI after DBFZ was announced, show them that and a compilation of all the straight ripped-off-from-MVC3 supers in Infinite. "Gameplay above all", sure, but I can sense people give a gently caress about one of those two games in how they deal with their subject material.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

If anyone asks why people got so much more bitter towards MVCI after DBFZ was announced, show them that and a compilation of all the straight ripped-off-from-MVC3 supers in Infinite. "Gameplay above all", sure, but I can sense people give a gently caress about one of those two games in how they deal with their subject material.

what ripped off supers

do new chars have old char supers or somethign

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every returning character has the same supers is what he means

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

they copied all of magneto into nova also

honestly if mvci didnt seem completely soulless before, when you look at it next to dbfz its really sad now. even if dbz fighters turns out to be a garbage rear end game it at least looks like they are trying hard to just be a cool game thats true to its source materials

Zand fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 29, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is it really that big a deal that they're reusing supers in MvC though? I mean, Iron Man has literally had his proton cannon in 5 games now.

Please note this isn't a defense of the game, I think it looks and plays awful for many other reasons as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Medullah posted:

Is it really that big a deal that they're reusing supers in MvC though? I mean, Iron Man has literally had his proton cannon in 5 games now.

Please note this isn't a defense of the game, I think it looks and plays awful for many other reasons as well.

i think its that the animations are the same. and for sprite based games i think this was the expectation, but mvc3 was released 6.5 years ago. for reference, the time between marvel super heroes, which has the first proton cannon in it, and mvc2, the last time the sprite proton cannon animation was used, was 5 years. people complained THEN about mvc2 reusing assets, and i've seen the same complaint about mvc2 even recently. using 6.5 year old animations now, in 2017, is even more egregious, right?