Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's gonna be a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

In Training posted:

It's gonna be a bad game

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
dont worry if you didnt like this test. they are going to be using player feedback to help shape the final product

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm ready for the addition of sleeves to ferry because of gross horny nerds

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Baal posted:

I'm ready for the addition of sleeves to ferry because of gross horny nerds
Isn't this a fighting game based on a gacha game? Pretty sure gross horny nerds are both the target demographic and sole market.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The gross horny nerds aren't playing this at majors except SonicFox and Cygames has already had a tournament presence through sponsoring Daigo and other players and they plan for this game to be a feature at tourneys too

Also it was a joke

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope nobody plays this turd competitively unless theyre sponsored to do so.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

In Training posted:

I hope nobody plays this turd competitively unless theyre sponsored to do so.

but enough about sfv

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ryoga posted:

Not really a fan of the speed of granblue, but Charlotta's demon flip is fun to throw out.

Yeah, I stuck with her the entire beta. She's fun (especially with demon flip), but fighting against a Katalina that knows what they're doing is a nightmare.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Kins posted:

Isn't this a fighting game based on a gacha game? Pretty sure gross horny nerds are both the target demographic and sole market.
Granblues pretty tasteful tbh, theres some swimsuit stuff and big tiddy characters but nothing super wild, and its fanbase is pretty mixed in terms of gender, they do dude swimsuit characters too

And gbfvs seems like it could be decent with some tuning but arcsys didnt fix dbfzs damage so

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's horny but it's equal opportunity horny but it's also not that horny, it's just big tits, twinks and some swimsuits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah you got it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
And the worlds smallest milf.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Im gonna try really hard to like it so i can be a contrarian

Athanos
Sep 19, 2006
GBF produces some tasteful music videos as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGs9_LyTJt8

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
There's something extra creepy about those two guy's nose bumps head on.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
The bullshit waddle little avatars over to computers inside of weird virtual lobbies method Arcsys uses for their fighters online is a dealbreaker for me nowadays.

No big loss on my not trying this one because I’ve never heard of the game it’s based on, but it’ll depress me when the next Guilty Gear rolls out and I opt to skip it despite digging the series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lobby system from Xrd was perfect and it's baffling that no other game, including arc sys's own products, has copied it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

brainSnakes posted:

The bullshit waddle little avatars over to computers inside of weird virtual lobbies method Arcsys uses for their fighters online is a dealbreaker for me nowadays.

No big loss on my not trying this one because I’ve never heard of the game it’s based on, but it’ll depress me when the next Guilty Gear rolls out and I opt to skip it despite digging the series.

Cool.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

In Training posted:

The lobby system from Xrd was perfect and it's baffling that no other game, including arc sys's own products, has copied it
Refresh my memory, was there any mechanical difference or just that it was choosing your seat in a menu instead of having your avatar run to it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You can have private lobby with more than one game happening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

You can have private lobby with more than one game happening

This + each individual set up could run their own rules

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its amazeballs. Has nothing to do with cute avatars that play soccer. All about flexibility

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 2, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Say 5 players get in lobby, 2 on rematch 3 on winner stays, only one guy ever waits to play. Its good

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
the dbfz one is the worst because outside of ring battles you waste time logging into the lobby then teleporting to an npc just to enter a matchmaking queue. it ruins the entire arcade aesthetic the lobbies are meant to represent

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the first footage of FEXL's Area, who may or may not be coming to the game if they decide it's worth going through with finishing her, what a wet fart to go out on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3qQuK9-lVc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fexl's area is the recycle bin

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
The Samsho demo has 8 frames of input lag, but SNK can probably be trusted to bring that down before release, right? Here's a chart with comparisons of a lot of games from the person who took this measurement, as well as stability of this value underneath. I'm dumb and don't know how to embed tweets, I'll look it up and fix it. [EDIT Oh it's automatic, neat!]
https://twitter.com/WydD/status/1135307947075092482

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Real hurthling! posted:

Fexl's area is the recycle bin

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why did they decide to do the gougi poo poo

not only do serious fg players not really like that kind of thing casual players also do not like it because it's kinda complex and unintuitive

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
what a heartbreaker. samsho was too good to be true, i knew it. at least they'll fix it maybe.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

IronicDongz posted:

not only do serious fg players not really like that kind of thing casual players also do not like it because it's kinda complex and unintuitive

:iiam: but their investors probably saw it as a good way to monetize.

Casuals had zero chance of ever liking fexl though cause 1 its presentation makes that battle of gods game look high budget and 2 they kept the extremely strict timing of everything from the 20+ yo sfex games that nobody checking in cause their podcast feed was riding the skullomania ironic hype wave was ever going to learn.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

https://twitter.com/krispykaiser/status/1135345970437214208?s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guess its all settled then. Have a great evo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SamSho PS4 is absolutely a Early Access release

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SN(ea)K(y)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

IronicDongz posted:

Serious players hate the idea on its face but anyone who bothered to play it gets over it immediately, they're just grooves.

Failtron posted:

The Samsho demo has 8 frames of input lag, but SNK can probably be trusted to bring that down before release, right?

I feel like the same thing happened with KOF14 pre-release, not that I necessarily trust them to fix it again this time.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
im p sure the reason people gave them poo poo for GOUGI was cause most of the decks were dlc

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Failtron posted:

The Samsho demo has 8 frames of input lag, but SNK can probably be trusted to bring that down before release, right?
i dont think there is much reason to unless its something really simple to fix. most people dont care and even if they do people will come out of the woodwork to defend it and it wont matter. like when daigo said sfvs 8 frames of input lag was a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

So a japanese player/TO for Karnov's Revenge recently joined the Karnov's discord server and informed everybody that P2 side gets a frame of advantage on block or hit across the board over P1, and now a lot of people in the server are freaking out about it. I was unaware this was a thing, and it seems like most NA players were as well. I'm not sure how accurate this is but there are known P1/P2 differences in the game already so it stands to reason.