Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

"Children love me, dammit!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_okABO3zY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

After my TE broke I lucked into some cheap tatsunoko sticks (exact same as those wwe brawl ones) and a converter.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Thwack! posted:

You should also check out Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and/or Special. The general pacing and the back Lane systems for those games might take a bit of time to get used to, but drat they are really fun games once you get into them. Sure, there are a few players in the rooms at a time but there are also a few dedicated players in North America that play (or used to play) from time to time. I've only played a bit a long time ago but I'm actively trying to play this with people (especially RB2)

Real Bout games are also good because you can knock motherfuckers down elevator shafts and into subway cars that then take them away. It's pretty good.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

burger time posted:

So here's another KOFXIV leak. Note that this is COMPLETELY unconfirmed and not necessarily from the same leaker as the first roster leak.

The King of Fighters XIV
Downloadable content
Japan (Shingo)
Art of Fighting (Takuma)
Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
South America (MMA fighter of Brazil)
Official invitation (shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro and Krizalid))
Another one of the world's (Lee)
K '(Whip)
Ikari (Heidern)
Yagami (Eiji)
Mexico (Vanessa)
Kim (Jhun)
South of town (Yamazaki)
Psycho Soldier (Bao)
Women Fighters (Kazumi)
Villain (Raiden)
China (Jin Chonrei)

"Lee is Mui Mui Friend from Dragon Gal Pachinko

Shipshifter Fighter have 3 transformations, representing Orochi (Yashiro), Nests (Krizalid) and "from the Past" (Ash)"

Blue Mary would be great. Most of these would be great. gently caress Krizalid and his tornado projectile thing though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

General Morden posted:

thats not goenitz

I wish we got goenitz. But no I'm talking about krizalid's tornado thing where there's two versions, one that's short and reflects projectiles and a long one that's an actual projectile.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

this is the only time he was ever cool

And this is exactly how he'll be in there... except time has passed a bit but not enough to get to Garou so he'll be a lovely mid puberty teen awkwardly pointing and embarrassing Terry.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

He was in the best stage in KoF 13

And the worst stage. The dojo and half the time he shows up in the jungle among the jibbering tribal people.

Plus everyone knows the Southtown stage is the best stage because you occasionally catch Mr. Big slinging drugs there.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Baal posted:

And it still manages to look better

XIV Kyo > Prince Adam Ken > Short hair Ken

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

KOFXIV certainly has a range. Andy's model is probably the worst whereas King of Dinosaurs and Benimaru's turned out pretty well.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

SVC Chaos
Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi
Mace: The Dark Age

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Oh wait, no. It's

KOF99
SFA2
either CVS1 or Garou.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Is KOFXIV good?? The answer may surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fJR7GJbp9M

PS: it is.

Fuuuuuuck, gonna be a long summer wait.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Injustice was the only game I actually was glad to see Chris G show up in because he'd usually play Green Arrow, do some cool poo poo, and stretch that character waaaay farther than it was supposed to go.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

inthesto posted:

Is Heavy D good in 98UM this is literally the only thing I care about

He's fun, that's all that counts. I mean I play Team Fatal Fury or Boss Team 96 a bunch so what do I know besides whats fun.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Pomp posted:

if the xrd stream station is anywhere near the smash projector this year i'm gonna loving buy every mcrib in vegas and stare into mr wizards eyes as i eat them

Bad move, because then they're all in one place and all he's gotta do is eat you to get at every McRib in Vegas.

Also I like Smash and I still say force those fuckers to play shorter timed matches irregardless because fuuuuuuck that poo poo drags after awhile.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_W8bGZt94

See you Space Esaka.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I'll agree with this (plus the best stages) but I like Art of Fighting team's 98 theme better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXSD6LY5HEc

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Pomp posted:

Americans don't play kof, i am sorry friend

It is I, the lone American who enjoys KOF. Forced to roam this land of SFVs and Killer Instincts like it's the loving Cursed Earth.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yuri lacks the murderous intent.

Play more KOF 13.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Hey, i'd never tell anyone to play 2001.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Is that our AMERICAN BALD SHOOTING GUY Harada promised? Not as bald as I figured.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

if you want me to blow your mind, the pretzal has always had a shortcut of 4 qcfs

I've wasted my life.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Garou is at least still dumb fun to play if nobody knows how to play Kevin. I will agree that everyone who picked Alpha 3 is loving garbage when A2 is on the list.

Also 9th-ing SVC Chaos.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Zand posted:

a2 emulation on FBA is really awful...

Really? I hadn't hosed around with it on fight cade, what's busted in particular?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Ixiggle posted:

Theres funky stuff like Ken's fireball being invisible, but mostly it just feels like total poo poo. Its hard to actually explain it and you wouldn't know the difference if you never played arcade. Once you do play arcade and feel it out fightcade a2 is just depressing.

Weird frame visibility poo poo huh? drat. And yeah around here (Phoenix area) Alpha 2 was the game of choice in arcades till the MvC2 cabinets came and then everyone switched and then arcades promptly died. I'll never forget you pizza parlor that had two 4-slot neo geo machines.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

anybody got a video of highlevel 3s play that shows how broken it is?

Blah blah Chun Li's boot stamping on your face, forever.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I think all this proves is that CvS1 is the superior game, what with Bison having that sick looking dash punch and all the stage intros and cooler stages.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

SvC Chaos, but everyone has to be Red Arremer

Athena so every match takes 40 minutes while those animations play out.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

The hero we deserve.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Baal posted:

I would rather play SFXT than loving SVC chaos

Does XTekken have the best Dimitri sprite that ever was? No it does not.

That's kinda the only thing I can think it has over SFXT. Oh and Violent Ken. And Mars People.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

I was thinking back of the Art of Fighting series earlier today, just a nostalgia thing. They weren't that great back then I imagine now feel worse. You guys should probably play AOF3 instead of SVC:C, though. Can't be worse.

I would join this schmuckfest for some Real Bout ringouts.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Because all the battles involve dodging once really well and then onslaughting your enemy, rinse and repeat. If witch time is off, you have to legitimately out play the enemy constantly.

Some battles still work really well without witch time though, such as that one giant flying monster boss thing.

Even if you really didn't like the witch time mechanic it's still a 9/10 game. Stop being crazy.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

I never stated that it wasn't. I stated the exact opposite.

Speaking of the Wii stuff, would I sound like a dumbass if I said that the Wii was a good console for fighting games and had potential to be an incredible one? Not only did it have all the Neo Geo ports, but it also had some arcade ports, and the latest version of Guilty Gear XX. Not to mention, Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Thats not what an opposite is, friend. As for the wii stuff I thought it was the neatest thing in the world that the wii shop had all the arcade roms for KOF up till like 99 and some Fatal Fury, AOF and SamSho ones too. Between that and the Metal Slug anthology you had a ton of available old SNK stuff.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog...16-tekken7.html

looks like we getting 2 extra guest characters

That classic DOA character Mai Shirinui is a shoe in.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Artelier posted:

slightly late, but I wanted to get in on the fighting game music with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7s604wpUdI

i know it's a classic, but i like this remix okay

I'LL CHISEL YOUR GRAVESTONE, SLEEP WELL!

inthesto posted:

How dare none of you post literally the best fighting game track ever made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKZfVCW3PUE

You mis-linked friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_W8bGZt94

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I got Garou and played it with my bro awhile ago and it's stupid fun

Gato and Hotaru are great

If you have Kim Dong-Hwan fight Khushnood Butt the vs. screen says DONG vs BUTT. Checks out as a great game.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

bad metaphors posted:

It all began in '94.

That's what I hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVxBm3dy0XY

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Countblanc posted:

1) Who does the most damage with a single input?
2) That's it it's just the first thing.

Why yes I also play Zangief. Why do you ask?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Poor KOF. I'll still play KOF XIV whenever...

...but i'm also that scumbag that plays a lot of KOF99 and think it's the best so i've probably got a skewed perspective.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Reiley posted:

Here's my latest controversial opinion: KOF 98 is cool but all the best characters were introduced after it. 02 has a really good cast and if it just had Shen Woo it'd be perfect.

Counterpoint: If 98 had the K' crew, Vanessa and some Real Bout holdovers to boost the roster up to 02's size it'd be the perfect KOF game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

In Training posted:

ARMS is awesome

Seconded, motion carried.

«2 »