Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

as a 2d guy ive really gotten into tekken 7. im super super loving bad at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Cool i hope they fix it for a good game one day

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ill pay your tournament fee if you go to a local with your chode stick and film it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

as a dude who loves rev2 gameplay but has no love for anime at all im pretty bummed strive seems like theyve toned down the gameplay and cranked up the anime. at least theyve seemed to cool it with the loli poo poo. i would consider moving to unist or granblue to get my 2d fighter fix but ive been having a pretty good time learning tekken.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

theres mostly been radio silence about the playable strive demo from frosty faustings. has anyone heard if there were any changes? or are most people's impressions/opinions the same as they were before?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

without any time actually playing the game, from what ive seen strive looks like somebody spilled some usf4 into my xrd. that doesn't immediately make me mad honestly.

i initially didnt love how it looked/seemed to play but ive done kind of a 180 on it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ive never had a problem with yrc but i didnt start playing gg until street fighter ate poo poo so maybe im just ignorant

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i do

p s h
k d

and nothing else makes any sense to me conceptually (ex: kick above punch pretzels my brain) and all the combo presses (burst, rc, blitz, etc) are easily done without crossing fingers or w/e

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Reiley posted:

if they called it ABCDE or 12345 would you still do this? open question to punch-on-toppers, the gatling route is KSH but people flipping only two buttons in the row seem to only do it because of the names they assigned and not for what the buttons actually do.

im a pretty typical streetfighter refugee so my brain won't let kick be on the top and i play kum almost exclusively so gatlings dont really exist. when i started with ky he also has very vanilla punch and kick moves so it was easier for me to remember the gatling order on the stick than it was for my brain to remember "if i want to kick somebody the button is on top"

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

when i said it didnt look too bad i was dumb and wrong its terrible

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wait, Street Fighter V isn't bad anymore?

i went back to sfv because the internet told me theres been a renaissance and its changed and good but after a few days trying it again i still hate it. quality of life things that i personally dont care about are undeniably 1000% better but if you hate sfv because of the gameplay like i do (overemphasis on 50/50s, crush fishing, terrible combo options, character personality locked behind v-meter, etc) then its still not for you

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Bbtag remains the king

i know this is like, a wild complaint and i might be alone but im colorblind and something about the color design in bbtag makes is completely impossible for me to see anything going on. like characters and stages and animations all just 100% blend into eachother unlike any other game for me.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

HerniaFlange posted:

If you don't want to click the video, Strive seems to have SFIV scaling for combos. A Pot Buster at the end of a 15 hit combo did maybe an HS worth of damage.

whetehr or not strive ends up playing like poo poo only time will tell but that animation loving owns

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i cant wait to watch people have to play chris gs morrigan online

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

all i ever wanted for 2020 was a marvel tournament with marlinpie in it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

its a miracle theyre putting it in strive lets not get greedy

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

this looks cool and i bet itll be a lot of fun but is it a stupid question to ask why arcsys is releasing a game that looks exactly like strive around the same time as strive which will compete with strive?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

In Training posted:

Kum kicks rear end and it's a shame she's gonna be stuck in Xrd forever

one of my favorite fighting game characters of all time. i dont know what kind of stroke the game designers would need to have to put her in strive but it would make me so happy.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

In Training posted:

our only hope is dlc, I haven't fully given up the dream. landing red kick loops is some of the most satisfying combos I've ever actually done in matches, bc it's both annoying to time well and learn at first and it because it just looks badass when your opponent is getting wallbounced from half screen by this old man's huge powerful feet.

online chipp nearly takes the round using precise set play and a series of teleport side switch and high low mixups before i vaporize his dumb rear end off the wall with a single counter hit shinken loop and burst clap

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i moved to xrd early in 2016 as an sfv refugee and its now my main game and its the most fun fighting game ive played and im really excited for strive but i literally would have never touched it if i capcom hadnt basically forced me to. i dont see how its hard to believe that the general population isnt super into playing an anime game with blaring japanese power metal and characters like a screaming 13 year old sailor girl with dolphins

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

very sick that arc is going the bbtag route of making all the stage designs as colorful and chaotic as possible so my colorblind rear end cant see a loving thing thats going on

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lmao wait that link was real??

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i think its going to be cool and fun and am excited to try the game out

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ky gets dragon install.

Blocking fafnir gives you 30% risc

Zato looks cool as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Wy1k-Rrko

imo this looks cool as poo poo

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

with the movement apparently slowed down in strive axl seems really really strong.

also seems like ram took a hit now that her whole gameplan of corner carry -> blend people against a wall is kinda ruined by wall break. interested to see how high level ram players adapt her style

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Dias posted:

broke: I dislike Strive's HUD because it's huge and distracting
woke: maybe if the COUNTER notification is huge I'll finally be able to hitconfirm poo poo thanks Strive

this but unironically

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

getting matched vs 15 frame delay brazilians mashing dp/bandit bringer or whatever is honestly a feature no fighting game should be without imo and im glad it's been correctde

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

accessibility isnt the problem its that fighting games arent cool to be good at anymore. in the 90-2000s if you were good at fighting games you were sick and awesome and if you were bad you would lose all your money and the older kid who smoked cigs and had sex would call you a "bitchmade hard f word" because nyou couldnt anti air. people always try to convince new players that learning fighting games is some monastic quest to escape samsara through performing perfect quarter circles when really its about making people feel like huge losers when they suck. until jimmy is getting bullied irl in 5th period math class for his dogshit akuma fighting games are going t ostay dead so rather than paying game developers to make bad games with characters for simples maybe start with marketing or something (ex: id bet you a billion dollars the ~perfect~ sample in rap songs has gotten more people playing street fighter than your precious training mode)

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

SFV character designs are repulsive to me. I've never seen something so clearly horny yet so unattractive and grotesque at the same time. And I even turned on my monitor!

wish you wouldnt lol. jk actually very curious what about the characters, specifically, makes you horny. ill start for me its kens hair and ryus feet.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Did I make a mistake in buying Street Fighter 5? Graphic fidelity aside, the thread is making it sound like it's still bad.

mistake is a strong word since a lot of people enjoy playing it but i personally hate it. itll always hold a special place in my heart though because sfv being bad made me branch out to guilty gear and tekken where otherwise i probably would have stuck to sf games where i was most comfortable.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

vaporized

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

play chipp games get chipp prizes, imo

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's marvel baby

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

when for whatever reason the lobby tricks me into viewing r code instead of challenging for a match i want to throw my controller and shoot myself simultaneously

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

can anyone in this thread tell my dumb rear end how to turn off nagos blood meter in training mode i literally cannot figure it out, tia

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Using wifi is a non-issue in 98% of use cases. I've never once had a situation where wifi was slower than a wired connection.

eveeyone has already yelled at you but here is another quote yelling at you in case some noob walks into this thread and considers believing you

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

sanford says that but his oni was freaking awrsomr

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hi thread another fight stick question:

does anyone have any experience with trying to silence a stick? i have a te2 that i would like to be quieter for predictable reasons. i see sanwa makes "silent" buttons and there are some other options i found googling but if yall have any first hand experience id love to hear it especially if you found it was worth it or if a "silent" stick is still p loud. its hard to tell on youtubes etc.

thanks in advance!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

In Training posted:

im glad sony added even more downtime and ad time to evo. its what we've all been waiting for.

it sucks so fuckin bad so much of it isnt even ads its just 8 hours of blue screen and weirdos rambling and screaming on stage