Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

SFV sure as hell doesn't look perfect, but it has a consistent visual style that has a bit of character to it so I can forgive it for being ugly in places. KoF just looks kind of soulless, like the models need more detail or something, can't put my finger on it. It doesn't look bad, just bland in that Japanese kind of way. I'll probably play it if it's fun and they do a good job on the PC port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I remember as a kid being all pissed that yoshimitsu only used his sword for stabbing himself and punched people with the sword in his hand, I hope that's still the case.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

It would never happen but Marvel vs. DC would be sweet. Really Marvel vs. Seinfeld would be good too, it's hard to find a bad combo.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

SFV looks just fine except for Ken's face, whoever modeled that must have been a blind chimp who hated people.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

So I'm gonna give KI a try, I miss FGs and I don't have anyone nearby who plays something that isn't SFV, and a game with competent online features sounds nice. I don't want to spend much money on the game so I figure buying one character and sticking with them for a while is the way to go. I was gonna buy Omen cause he looks cool, but I guess I can't buy him on his own, which is dumb, so now I need a new squeeze. Is there anyone in KI who is particularly fun to play or should I just find any old character that I like?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I wish KI were more popular if only to pressure other publishers into making a well cared-for and reasonably priced product. At least with KI it's F2P and you can throw down $40 to get a pretty deep roster of characters.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Kinda wish Disney would shell out for a better developer and just have a Marvel fighting game without all this capcom nonsense tacked on. There seems to be an opportunity to bring a whole new generation into a genre with all the movie crossovers but that's never gonna happen with a developer that seems hell bent on cutting as many corners as possible to make a cash grab.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That's a really early release date, glad to see that PC is getting some love.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I don't like the playstation d-pad because it turned my thumb into hamburger constantly charging all the time, seemed accurate enough though. I bought one of the fighting commanders so I'm gonna see if I like that, is it easy to input just a down on the d-pad? On other stock d-pads I've always had trouble doing down inputs in the air.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

As much as I would like to see PC setups, there's so much more variance between systems that it would cause problems when the PC for pool C is being slow or crashing for some reason and you need to move players around to good systems. I think the PS4 is going to be the standard for a long time.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

What's the competitive appeal of Tekken? I used to have fun button mashing in the original tag game but watching the game being played doesn't make it look fun to me anymore. Because of how few special move there are, as an observer the game looks really homogeneous to me with players just trying to use the same few strings to get big damage. Is it all about footsies and catching people's recovery and things like that?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Trykt posted:

Tekken has one of the highest skill ceilings of any fighting game, but not for bullshit arbitrary reasons like having to memorize/execute insanely complicated sequences of things. There's a lot of improvisation, like a LOT, while still offering plenty of exchanges with the traditional 2 choice or 3 choice guessing games that form the core of most good fighting games.

Also it looks real good and has rad music.

Improvisation sounds fun, and I do like the way the game looks and while I think most of the character designs are boring, they do have a cat-head man and that's pretty great. Maybe I'll give it a go when it comes out on PC, I played tons of Soul Calibur 2 and 3 when I was young so I have more of a foundation with 3d fighters than I did with 2d.

Zand posted:

is recommending fightcade to new people looking for a fun game advice that people will take

Is there something like a goon FG discord? I've been thinking of trying fightcade games like super turbo but finding people to play with has been my issue.

Dracula Factory fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 12, 2017

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Not gonna buy Injustice 2 because they screwed me with MKX on PC, on top of that it has it predecessor's weakness of terrible animations. All of the flying characters look awkward as hell doing anything, and Darkseid always has his arms behind his back which is supposed to be imposing but just makes him look silly. I don't understand how MKX animation was so nice and meaty but Injustice is the opposite. That being said I might pick it up for single player fun a year from now when its complete and cheap.

I wish Marvel could jettison capcom from their fighting games, there's a lot of money to be made from a marvel fighter but not while capcom is making it, and I wanna play as Groot.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'll find characters to like if the game is fun, just like any FG. I will wait to poo poo on the game until we know for a fact that it sucks, there's still a chance it could be good.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I had a good ol time with Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee back in the day.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

If this game is even half as good as it should be, it'll sell a bunch. DBZ is still really popular, and many of those fans like fighting games.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Looks great but I really hope they put in english voices, I'll never be able to stomach screechy child-voiced goku. Also it looks like there are assists, so this game will hopefully fill the marvel void.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Lots of people in this thread thought sfv would sell like hotcakes because of the name alone, I think/hope mcv tanks because it looks like garbage and doesn't seem to play much better. Long live DBZ and xrd.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I hope the entire Ginyu force is one character, and you can call on them as special assists and double moves. None of them are interesting enough on their own, but the team could be quite good. Maybe the team and Captain Ginyu as separate could work too.

This won't happen but I love the idea. I hope at least Capn Ginyu makes it into the game.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I will admit that even as a lifelong DBZ fanboy some of the characters do get a bit lost in a glowy blonde flash, mostly gohan because he's small. But really once they add Trunks there aren't too many super saiyan characters so the cast will probably end up less blonde than SFV.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

How is Tekken on PC? I want to play a fighter that my scene plays and SFV just bores me now, I think i might go to the 3d dark side. Is the online alive/playable?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I use a Hori Fighting commander pad and I would recommend it if you aren't married to getting a stick.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Can confirm, I have heard fuzzy guard many times but I still don't know what it is.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The Fantasy Strike models look good enough, but the animations and hitsparks make every attack look weak.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think if they're going to put a GG character in Tekken it'll be Slayer, he doesnt have anything too out of place and dandy step is a perfect Tekken-style move.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I get the criticism about dbz's art style, it could get homogeneous after a while. But at the same time they have said that the saiyans are more similar than most other characters will be. I really like what they did with Frieza, I have confidence that they will be able to make combat easy enough to parse. And even if they don't, the dragonball fanboy in me loves a big mess of little yellow blasts and big blue beams.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

There's a new NES controller-looking fightstick if you wanna get serious on switch for some reason.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The Arika game looks kinda neat and it has skullomania, but a lot of the animations don't look so great. Seems early in development though.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Only break the law if it's something really cool.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Awesome now I can pick yellow or blue flavored Vetgeta, and I like 16 and figured he was too minor to put in the game so that's great news for me, he looks like a zoner maybe? Or maybe a long range grappler.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm taking the leap and buying mvci. It's pretty drat ugly but the gameplay seems like a lot of fun, and I've never gotten deep into a marvel game before so the lovely roster is still fresh for me. I really wish they would make round 1 of DLC free, it would pretty much fix the roster problems and build a lot of goodwill but I'm sure its too late for that. Also I want to play a tag fighter while I wait for DBZ.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The only way I'd ever install sfv again would be Sagat getting proper treatment but that requires him to have long limbs and we cant have that in this game now can we fuuuuuuuck.

edit: play tekken and dragonball instead

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Sagat's gonna be in S3 and hes gonna have his fireballs and his limbs and the game wont be boring anymore and mommy and daddy are going to get back together and santa is real

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I like matchmaking too and Tekken 7 is the only game ive played that had a halfway decent "hit two buttons and fight some guy", I get matches on T7 five times faster then on SF5, and as a big plus you can keep rematching to your hearts desire. Buy Tekken and dont play Feng cause he's my boy.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

SFV is dumb and lovely but ill still play it if Sagat is good.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

fadam posted:

Who was the cute dog on the NLBC stream today?

His name is Kentaro, not sure whose dog he is.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I use the hori fighting commander and I'm still amazed at how good of quality it is for a lower price than a standard dualshock, I would recommend it to anyone. I used to play on stick but I stopped because I found my stick to be uncomfortable, if I got another one it would be a custom job with the stick and the buttons much further apart.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah picking and banning are half the match in games like dota, and I think it makes those games much better because things like hard counters exist and the pick/ban meta is usually based around that. It might be a fun gimmick for a fgc tourney, but not much more than that.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I played tons of smash casually before I ever touched real fighting games. I really tried to enjoy watching smash but holy hell it really takes forever to get through a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Was there an SC VI exhibition at CB or am I confused?