Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't even think that Rock Band 4 flopped for Harmonix, Mad Catz just made an overwhelming amount of plastic instruments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

after the last crash they should have only agreed to build more instruments if harmonix and their publisher would pay them upfront. going in as a partner on the sales of that garbage is the stupidest thing they could have done. no one wants to play those games except the whales that are thousands of dollars in already

Agreed, I think MC made an unbelievably stupid decision with foreseeable results.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

gently caress yessss.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

Turns out smash players don't like other games either (this is from CEO Revelator t8)

I'm way more angry than I should be that these people exist.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

dhamster posted:

to whoever didn't click on the link this is the steam page for xrd revelator

I just bought this on PS4 when it was on sale. :negative:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

In Training posted:

I wish more people played DOA5, it's kinda loving awesome.

I evidently bought this on PS4 when it was on sale sometime. Should I use my dualshock or fightstick for it?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I checked my cord door after reading those posts and luckily (in the three days I've had it) I've not been a goofus and broken it.
Are they easily knocked off?

I'm really surprised I haven't broken mine, it has come off once or twice though. Also get Tekken 7.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

My recommendations no matter the qualifiers are get Tekken 7, and then get Guilty Gear when it's on sale because they're both real real good games. Tekken 7 has characters like Katarina that are pretty easy to learn even, and GG has a great tutorial in general.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Reiley posted:

Guilty Gear is on sale until the end of the month http://store.steampowered.com/app/520440/GUILTY_GEAR_Xrd_REVELATOR/
This is the button that gets you Rev2:

I'm going to buy this since I don't have it on PC.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I assume the SFV update hasn't really fixed the game and I should continue to wait for DBFZ and keep playing Tekken?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

https://youtu.be/q2DdLudUoRA

Pack it up guys, Fighter Z is done.

Dragon Ball Fighters Z is garbage for noobs without skills and besides DB chars it has nothing of DB, the best DB game it's still Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on PS2.

(Also :lol:)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Do I get any characters or anything for preordering BBTag or can I wait til release to see what the population is PC v PS4?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Azran posted:

Is it still a good moment to jump into Tekken 7? Last one I played was... uh, 4? And since then I've mostly played 2D fighters. I love the character design and I'm aware there's no tutorial.

Get Tekken, it's pretty easy to pick up but has a high skill ceiling.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

lil baby anime posted:

I was about to edit and say pc if that mattered. Haven’t played in a while

On a SSD I feel like it's gone down but that might be a placebo.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Someone pointed this out in the UNIst thread, but the game is free to play for Evo weekend if anyone wants to check out the best current 2D fighter: https://store.steampowered.com/app/801630/UNDER_NIGHT_INBIRTH_ExeLatest/

How's the community on PC? I'll definitely try it out at the very least, I liked the BBTag characters from that game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't know if I'm gonna watch Tekken top 8 tomorrow, this loving sucks

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Infiltration sucks but you not watching Tekken won’t cause him to suddenly teleport back to Korea. Don’t deprive yourself of your joys because of this rear end in a top hat

True enough, and I know it won't actually stop anything, it's just very frustrating that the FGC keeps doing this poo poo

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Everyone should just pay French Bread to make their tutorial, I only played during the free weekend but Under Night had a fantastic tutorial compared to literally everything else I've ever played.

Also, how's the community on PS4 for BB Cross? I have the base game as was thinking about getting the DLC packs if the community is till fine there.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MK explains frame data in their tutorial, so agreed that if NRS can do that anyone can.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gllty should be out but also maybe get rid of infil and others like him entirely and don't loving say triumphant return when referring to him.

Crocoswine posted:

burn it all

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Crocoswine posted:

fgc seems like it's pretty bad

No see it's fine if you did a bad thing as long as you're not a trans person. It's obviously just #MeToo gone rampant if you're cis!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Big Scary Owl posted:

I think this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen them tweet about the games. If a new one isn't coming then I don't know what they're doing.

https://twitter.com/defjam/status/1164535958223630336?s=19

If it's as good as those old ones I'll buy a new one.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Bought Melty during the EVO sale, but waited til this patch to play. Really love how everything feels and I think I'm going to try and focus on Aoko entirely because finger guns.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Endorph posted:

my only complaint with aoko in lumina is that in aacc she also had a super where she fired a beam out of her shoe

Incredible.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Personally think it's still very dumb to be able to trademark worlds like "scrolls" or "yomi" regardless of whether they came to an agreement.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going to play Cammy and Gief cause they look great but I'm probably going to main Juri because Juri is good and cool. May get some art for my stick to match my old Juri art stick with darkstalkers stickers on it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I like Tekken a lot but I think I might be skipping Tekken 8, at least for a bit. It doesn't really seem to be moving the series forward more than being just a new, pretty similar Tekken, and the things that might/are changing are not things I'm 100% sure I'll enjoy, like more offensive gameplay over defense. SF6 looks a lot more appealing to me and I haven't put as much time into Melty Blood or Strive as I'd like anyway.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

codo27 posted:

Really disappointed to see x-rays return, the gameplay is already slow enough and doesn't need that poo poo slowing it further. Being ridiculously over the top doesn't help either. I'm constantly struck by how offended people itt are by the gore though, needlessly excessive as it is.

I also still am holding out for a pure 1v1 mode without kameos but I'm not hopeful. Probably will be another pass for me if that's the case. The announcer still sounds all wrong and lame too, and what's up with saying fatality before whoever wins?

I’m not offended by the gore, I love horror movies and games with gore used well. I just think for a game like mortal kombat I’m at a point where I don’t particularly enjoy seeing semi realistic gore every single match, the x-rays also are just too distracting and over the top. I enjoyed MK9 and 10 pretty well overall still but 11 wasn’t very fun at all plus Sonia’s VA choice completely turned me off the game. Think I’ll be sticking with SF6 and GG.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Endorph posted:

why are americans like this

I was told by someone that Luke "looked like a white supremacist" so I'm not sure what words mean any more.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

goferchan posted:

Embarrassing admission but I was struggling to get out of iron rank in SF6 for days (I'm bad and don't play fighting games much) so I committed to playing for a couple days ignoring ranked mode entirely and just going to the Battle Hub and rematching against people as many times as they'd let me no matter how badly they kicked my rear end. When I went back into ranked I cruised through the rest of iron and bronze rank in one session until I settled in mid silver.Felt pretty drat good, the system worked!

Sounds like this isn't embarrassing at all and you learned some good info from losing which is the best thing you can do in fighting games. Good job!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

teagone posted:

Lol, guest characters are kinda stupid, unless it's Tifa in Tekken or Rival Schools characters in Street Fighter.

I think Link should be in every fighting game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Brolylegs ruled, RIP to a real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I am boycotting GG until Slayer is released :colbert:. It's definitely not because I have too many other games, both fighting and not, to play.