Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

I am excited for some Tekken you guys

I too want to do a Tekken, I want to do an uppercut with my powerful friend the magical tiger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I just bought Xrd Rev 2 on PC yesterday, can't wait to get my rear end kicked forever until I someday get mildly competent.

What was the link to the Xrd discord again? Pretty excited to play it as I've never really dived into air dashers more than fairly casually before.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Steam version of Xrd still has a bug where you won't be able to see 90% of the lobbies on PC.

Why is hasn't even been acknowledged is absolutely beyond me. Most people aren't going to bother to find workarounds like I had to.

Woah wait, really?

I had no idea this was a bug, I thought it was just that there were only 5 or so lobbies running when I was searching for them.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Menat is pretty fun at least, but it's a shame she's not in a better game.

Though I'll say, I've started playing SFV again and have fun, weirdly enough.

S3 looks like they're adding some nice QOL features, they're also making a ton of hitbox adjustments so maybe they'll smooth some of the edges? Won't fix every character having a pretty objectively correct way to play however.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Steam Reviews posted:

i hope watch all skirt unit panty

but , i cant see

so no recommended .

poetry

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Are there any good resources to learn the older kof games out there? It's been on my list forever to give 02 a good effort but fightcade has no training mode, and I'm not sure if the steam port is close enough to the arcade version to be useful.

Most of the time when I search I get a kind of helpful wiki and a whole bunch of Spanish videos. Though the dandyj tutorial on the jumping and basics was helpful!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Wasn't this SF collection already reported to be broken with the games all having inaccurate speeds?

Allegedly the newer builds are getting a lot closer. But who knows where it'll end up

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

2 cents from a true white noise professional but the good thing about doing weekly tournaments is the motivation it gives you to get better, since you're going to get motivated to practice on the areas that you're weak. Especially if you end up washing out in really dumb ways.

Plus it gives you a weekly gauge of your progress in an immediately apparent way.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

BBTag is very good, and honestly does fix a pretty good chunk of what I started to get annoyed about in DBFZ after 80 hours or so of matches. I've gone from being completely uninterested in it to preordering it, or at least buying it on release.

The beta runs through today as well on PS4, so I think there's time for more matches?

I guess the real question is whether to buy it on PS4 or PC. IIRC the anime fightman audiences tend to be more heavily on PS4 compared to PC, or at least they were at one point? And I do have a bunch of Amazon credit to spend...

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Is the Blazblue beta still going today?

I think it ran through the 14th, but I didn't see what time it ended.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

SleepySonata posted:

Thankfully the game has a pretty healthy player base right now and it's easy to find a match to faceroll another.

"SEND ME ANOTHER."

I also appreciate the lack of item and puppet characters, even if that means that I'll never get to punch tager in the face with asterius.

Are you still able to play online?

The beta was super fun, so I'm looking forward to the release. Hopefully, the transition to a paid release keeps the relatively healthy player base at the start. Looking forward to actually being able to dig into the game in training mode.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Gah amazon still hasn't shipped my copy of BBTAG. Mad jealous of people getting to play with the animes right this second.

How is the first set of DLC characters? It looks like they didn't fix the Kanji glitch or anything?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

BBTAG is super good and I had a ton of fun playing it this weekend.

It's seriously some bad feels having to relearn how to fight Noel again though. I'm absolutely free to anybody that spams noel's invincible back step when I try and pressure them after a knockdown and it's pretty embarassing.

I went through her tutorial, and if I remember correctly I think it's only upper body invincible? My team at the moment is Orie and Weiss, until Yuzuhira comes out anyway, so I was able to call it out with some sweeps. If I attempt to confirm into damage however I generally get bursted out, and then I'm back in the Noel blender until I get the chance to call it out again, but burst is generally back up at that point.

Does anybody have some tips for safely shutting that down? The players I was playing against absolutely refused to be conditioned, so I often was able to just chase them down and sweep over and over again. But all it took was one bad button and they'd be back in the game again!

On a related note, of all the characters in tag so far I have to say that the UNIEL characters feel the best to play to me. The ability to reverse beat back down your buttons, for example to sweep into 5AAA into whatever, is amazingly fun and feels super satisfying to do.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Ventana posted:

Melee and all the games after Melee give an option to put a timer with Stock matches. Competitive rulesets have used this for a long time.

Don't the competitive rule sets put the timer at something insane like 5+ minutes though?

Also throw techs should clearly be called techsies imo

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

MechaX posted:

BBCTB is fun but this damage is insane, the PS4 population saw a pretty steep drop, and some characters are just the worst (I was indifferent to Ruby before, but now? Miss me with that bullshit).

As fun as it is, I still wish everyone just played UNIST instead.

I would love to play UNIST since it looks fun af but having no playerbase is a tough hill to climb. Discord helps I guess but man... effort.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Ultramega posted:

Everyone in this game is too fun and I don't know who to pick for a second. I keep going back and forth between jin and noel to team with ruby but literally everyone is fun and feels good to play.

Same here, I think I've been through 4 partners for Orie at this point. Right now I'm running Orie/Ruby, who work pretty well together (especially in the corner with Orie's 4P) but the DLC characters look really fun as well.

Probably going to drop Ruby for Yuzirha once she comes out though, I'm a sucker for teleporting combos and big normals.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

My BBTag dlc still isn't showing up for some reason on PS4

I bought the digital deluxe edition, but nothing. I tried restoring my licenses, but no dice unfortunately. Anyone have the same issue? It's showing up in the store so I don't think it's a weird Canada PSN thing or anything..

Mystery solved: you actually need to go into the store and specifically download the dlc, rather than have it just unlocked :ms:

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 23, 2018

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Maybe they'll announce they're going to run the Marvel circuit again, but with mvc2?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

In Training posted:

It was a side tourney that TeamSpooky was gonna stream but Spooky was told live that he couldn't show it and he audibly went off for a while before turning the stream off lol. Pretty cool

Wait really?

That sucks, was really looking forward to seeing the first big tournament for the game. Guess we'll have to wait till Evo then?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Pomp posted:

couldnttakeitcouldntstandanotherminute

couldn'tbearanotherdaywithoutyouinit

Please help, this song has been stuck in my head for like a week now

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I tried the BBTag demo and I felt like my tv was vomiting colors on me, but it had an awesome soundtrack and the promise of persona waifus.

Is it still the recommended anime fighter du jour? Haven't played one since GG X2 Reload and was curious about BBTag or UNIST to check out casually. Is there much offline content?

It and DBFZ are the most active ones at least at the moment. Personally, after playing a whole bunch of DBFZ when it first came out I vastly prefer BBTAG.

Get BBTag, it's very good

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Steam better be getting Geralt in the bath towel costume from W3

:yeshaha:

I'd be super down with them giving all the guys a variety of skimpy costumes as well, if we're going down that route let's go whole hog

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

The #1 thing I miss about watching competitive SF4 is Smug's Dudley

:yeah:

He was always a joy to watch

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

This info makes me wonder, are the input lag cycles synched between two consoles in the same match?

If it's not, and it's definitely not between PC and console considering that apparently this only affects the PS4 version, it might explain how the rollback code is so incredibly awful seemingly randomly.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm absolutely buying UNIST when it's out on PC, or if it goes on sale on PSN again or something. The game already looked really fun when I watched it in tournaments, but after playing BBTag I really want to dig into it.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The new characters are out on PSN for BBTag

Time to drop both characters I was playing and learn new ones!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The new characters in BBTag are way cooler and more varied than the characters from the previous DLC packs, or at least that's how it feels to me. After messing around with them each a little bit I think I'm settling on Mai and Yuzu for my current 2 characters, though I haven't really checked their assists to see if they work together well.

Yuzu's stance change combos with button holding are absolutely bonkers however, and it's for sure going to take some practice before it stops breaking my brain a bit. The fact that Mai can cancel QCF dash into QCF dashes is pretty neat, and her QCB command jump being invincible for part of it gives her some really weird angles of attack.

For some reason Nine's tactics mode absolutely refused to let me do the 5 hit standing B auto combo, it was really bizarre. I'm kinda not digging her though, the fact that she can't airdash and is pretty slow just doesn't feel right to me, even if she does have absolutely ridiculous buttons.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Nine has slayer style movement and that's really cool to me, I need to lab with her more but she has some cool stuff with immediate kunzite overheads and some safejump setups with the seed thingy. All the new characters are super cool though and I wanna see what people come up with using them.

Ohh, that's probably why she feels so weird to me. I've never really been that into slayer style dashes and such. I really appreciate the complexity though of just how much flexibility she has between all the different spells she can use to take up space.

Too many cool characters and too little time to learn them all!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t have a way to try it out so if I’m going for T7 then I’ll be going whole hog. Mmm, risky video game decisions. I just grabbed $100 Sony bucks.

Y’all are getting me excited. Even if I dislike it I think it might help me figure out what I really want out of a fighting game.

It’s only YouTube but the sound design seems really powerful as gently caress, I love that. All fighting games should sound that brutal.

lmao god drat

I’m always uninstalling/reinstalling games so it’s no biggie but GOD drat

If you've never played Tekken before than when you get started the movement might feel a little weird as mentioned above.

As you get used to it though and learn to cancel dashes by crouching it'll get more and more fluid. Honestly I think the movement might be one of the things I enjoy most in Tekken.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I hope it's actually just 50 cent in Tekken7

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I have a friend who used to buy every fighting game that came out and, no matter how low the execution requirement was, refuse to do any training mode stuff or go through tutorials then complain when I did practice and would beat him with even the most basic combos.

He would do this with pretty much every fighting game for awhile. He and I talked about it before and he would constantly say he loves fighting games but hates combos, frame data stuff, cancels, strings, anything "unintuitive" like hit boxes, etc. I'm pretty sure he, and a bunch of other people, like the idea of fighting games but hate actually doing anything that would make you better in the game other than just jamming buttons into other people jamming buttons. Which is definitely fair, I don't expect everyone to enjoy going into training mode and spending 30 minutes or so working on setups or combos or whatever before playing online sometimes. But people that feel that way should probably be realistic about just not really liking fighting games then!

He's super pumped for SCVI since it, apparently, SC doesn't have any of those things so it's a way more fair fighting game according to him. So I'll probably buy it as well, practice up, and then he'll eventually give up and the cycle will repeat unbroken till the end of time.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

inthesto posted:

Your friend is not going to be happy approximately 48 hours after SC6's release

Yeah, I tried to warn him about this the other day. Just because he's never played people that played a lot of SC doesn't mean it has nothing in common with every other fighting game.

I think he really only remembers playing it back when he was in high school or whatever when he wasn't playing against anyone that knew how to play.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

Always lookin for a reason to post https://youtu.be/LfEVcZ3anG0

Rules so hard

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Inshallah

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

It's weird too because I remember on a cross counter a few years back he mentioned that he'd given up his really partying hard/tons of drinking lifestyle and was feeling a ton better as a result.

I guess he must've fallen off the wagon at some point? Or was never really on I suppose

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man I really wish they still ran MvC2 main stage at majors. Every time they've had a throwback event it's been amazingly fun to watch, and even though I'm unbelievably bad at it the game still to this day feels great to play.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

No Wave posted:

day 1 dlc doesnt really offend me... chrono trigger was what 60 dollars in the 90s? Acceptable game prices to charge havent really scaled with inflation and day 1 dlc is like just releasing an 80 dollar game instead of a 60 dollar one. It's not really a predatory business model imo, I don't know how it got that rep. It's so much better than loot boxes that I cant really be bothered.

i dont have sympathy for a company with money making deadlines too tight tho.

Weirdly, it and other Squaresoft RPGs were $80 I believe, at least I remember paying that for my SNES copy way back when.

I'm still mildly annoyed by day 1 dlc in fighting games. I wish they'd at least put the first character out a few weeks from launch.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah this is the real problem. I hate the fact that if I actually want to practice against a character I'm required to buy the Season Pass as well.

The benefits of not having to rebuy a full game is nice, but I'd really rather they just do a yearly $20 upgrade when all the characters are out rather than require me to buy the characters individually or prepay up front. I've been burned a ton of times on preorders, but I can't practice against the characters as they come out without buying the season pass or each individually.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Ultramega posted:

Put everyone in BBTAG from every fighter ever. gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Zand posted:

I need arrow girl so I can run fraud tactics and win in a new era

:yeah: she was always my favorite