Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hyper Inferno posted:

The devs for Under Night are also trying to get rollback into the game which is a good sign.

Dang really? I suck so bad and was hoping it would remain lovely online so i didnt have to confront the fact that im a carmine main who bleeds out to lose rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

I have to assume this has changed since then because they had approached Insomniac with the proposal of "you can make a game about loving anything you want" and they chose a reimagined Spider-Man without any issue

I thought that insomniac deal was in return for cooperation on spiderman movies

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

If there was any clear cut example, it's that in the E3 presentation showed MVCI first and you could clearly see that they reused captain America, chun li and dante, but they removed the shading effect from MVC3, so they looked awful.

The funny part was one or two presentations later, DBFighterZs stole the show and carried that hype train all the way to launch.

There's a certain kind of arrogance that the fighting game capcom team exudes. I don't think they seem interested in making a product that you can enjoy

I think mvci and dbzf's reveals were further apart. Mahval at psx in december and db at e3 6.5 months later. The mvci hate built for a long time through a stream of awful reveals and betas and exploded when rumors of db leaked right before the reveal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom needs to get ono out and hand fighting games to someone who can produce quality

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alpha 4 with arcsys art

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Brb gonna photoshop out the hair in his right hand and replace with bananas

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bbtag is the most fun ive had with a fighter since its launch. Everything is dirty as hell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Arika's currently doing a rollback beta for FEXL and the biggest message they seemed to have taken from it so far is that even a lot of the hardcore international players have way slower connection speeds than anticipated because the infrastructure just sucks.

Will this come to ps4 or pc only?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat 1+2 but couldnt stand 3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thank god

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony announced that ps4 peripherals like fight sticks will work on all ps5 games without lockout bullshit. However, ps4 controllers will only work on ps4 backwards compatible games, sorry pad players.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

But will there be two USB ports?

They said it works with psvr so theres gotta be at least 3 i think? The pics of the console have a usb and a usb-c on the front but we havent seen the back

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony dont make any local multiplayer games so i guess i dont need extras anyway lol

^^^
Watch them announce soon that the clam shells are removeable and you can just have a black rectangle if you want

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Brought To You By posted:

They want to sell as many controllers as possible so it would be problematic if you used the 2+ PS4 controllers you undoubtedly accumulated with a console that doesn't require you to buy a multitap

If greed wasnt always the answer to every corp decision i'd be hopeful that this will help keep the consoles price down at launch but lol nah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Suppaman already exists in universe

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i need my tag and team games to be utterly degenerate in a way that i doubt a numbered sf game would ever be

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gologle posted:

It's Kiryu. Kazuma Kiryu. The Dragon of Dojima.

Please god

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sirlin probably lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma will be a tekken 8 launch character because he made harada rich

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Give paul a dive kick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When all the characters are the same i will truly be able to master the art of yomi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Now is the time to reboot powerstone in the RE engine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smoking Crow posted:

im pretty sure arcsys wanted to make potemkin bad in xrd

They nerfed him in a patch too iirc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Krakhan posted:

Still retribution for Potemkin in vanilla AC to this day.

Lol. Slayer probably too for his bullshit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should just release 2 versions like pokemon with the tier list inverted

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

1 frame links arent accessible vs an anime game with gatling

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Draynar posted:

Why is everyone so dodgy about talking about the internal workings of Capcom even after they leave for years and don't work in the industry. It's kinda crazy.

I think youtube guys dont want to tell their friends' stories and put attention on them and jeopardize their insider connections to rumors etc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres probably a good 8 frames joke here but im too tired

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FrostyPox posted:

I bought Fighting Ex Layer

So these are the Street FIghter Ex characters that never reappeared in other Street Fighter games? How do the IP rights work with that?

This Gougi Deck thing is kinda cool.

E: Most of the supers are pretty lame compared to supers in other games but that's OK

Gougi is funny for a while to experiment with but i think ultimately its just papering over a very vanilla game with some wacky gimmicks and it changes how i play from doing whats best to win the round to whats best to activate my gougi for later rounds and it can be frustrating.

I think the supers are like that because you can chain them together and juggle a opponent with multiple supers so they cant be cinematic cause the timing is strict as hell in most cases and you need to keep track of where both players are on screen but also arika is poor

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its sick as hell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No jaco no buy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Make a character called "supporting cast" and its just goku throwing jpegs of minor dbz chars at you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah Ryu cant zone in sfv.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The final 2 bosses of fight crab are weird and hard

Cool game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Archer666 posted:

Excellent Adventures going in bold new directions I see.

Dying gootecks spikes the ventilator

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want a ps5 to play tekken with instant loading. Its pretty onerous on ps4 and the main reason i stopped playing on psn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He questioned the fairness of the competition thats why hes in trouble

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Indivisible has some good art in it with some not so good animations and pieces that clash, but more pressingly is not a good game to like, play.

doing a cool combo is fun vs a human but not the 30th scrub ai enemy in a row in a single player game and once i get bored it just becomes brute force through or quit
in indivisible's case i quit because every other aspect of the game was no bueno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looks identical to 1