Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

crossplay for strive? Thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna take what hope i can get after bouncing between ps4 and pc like 3 times with xrd for its dumb staggered releases

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

all these rollback kof's leading up to the glorious broken delay code of the new sequel that plays like its underwater for the first 2 weeks post launch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is there something that makes rollback easier to implement for older titles or at least like way cheaper? Because like I feel it's pretty common now for re-releases to get good netcode but I don't really have the impression that's going to be the case for newer titles. Most companies just seem to avoid the question whenever it comes up.

If you can emulate the game you can put rollback into it more easily

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Doesn't it only have one usb slot on the front though.

Its so loving ugly i put the back facing forward on mine and have 2 ports facing out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Big Scary Owl posted:

:hmmyes:

Isn't one of the main developers who worked on No Mercy working on the new AEW wrestling game? Maybe they could work on a Def Jam game next. The Def Jam twitter was teasing something a while ago, but I think they stopped?

Yukes is making aew. Remains to be seen if they have the chops to recapture old glory after a decade of crunch making bad 2k games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dowloaded tekken7 again for the first time since season 2 and got immediately shoved into an autocombo tutorial
What the gently caress who wanted this?
The punch button does a kick launcher how do you even play like this?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The control mode or the game? Leaning toward the latter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont have a problem with them if they exist on top of the normal moves and begin with the same move as the button normally gives you like in dbz or bbtag but this is just crippling the game for new players who may never discover the real game underneath all so my three year old can have a fun 20 mins doing a full wall splat before getting tired of it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spuckuk posted:

Ive been playing tekken 7 since prerelease and I had no idea there were autocombos

The tutorial triggered cause i did a new install i think

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bud light made a tekken 7 and soul caliber 6 plug and play console that chills 2 beers while you play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

absolutely anything posted:

i hate to break it to the grandpas itt but there are multiple people on earth now that make a living just by streaming video games

its the pro sports career fantasy but for nerdy kids with expensive gear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Some capcom leaked timeline says powerstone remake in 2024.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wrist Watch posted:

I feel like I should be used to it at this point but I'm constantly shocked by how much disdain nintendo has for competitive smash. They could make an unfathomable amount of money if they embraced it and went full esports but instead they barely tolerate it because they hate how competitive smash works.

they think pro smash hurts them.
They cant control the community first off and probably hate how every month smash bros and sexual misconduct appear in the same headline
Secondly, they think having a competitive scene front and center will scare away casual buyers and force them to do things like give a poo poo about online

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dias posted:

just historical precedent speaking, darling

There's a supposed Capcom leak saying SF6 is scheduled for 2022 Q3, but it's sus as all gently caress, although it's kinda weird they haven't announced anything for next gen fighting game-wise.

Nah its real the documents were stolen right from their servers with a fully detailed 4 year planned timeline of upcoming products (dragons dogma 2 is real!)
They havent annouced anything street fighter because of the ono drama delaying the game from launch window

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah not getting my hopes up for anything too far out in time on the list

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think just vanilla and super but i didnt look carefully
they have all the target sales numbers too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol i guess seasons are done or super/ultra are just names for seasons? 3 versions in 2 years wow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chev posted:

Unless they hid one behind some fancy code name the recent leaks suggest Capcom had jack poo poo in terms of fighting game plans for the next couple years apart from SF6.

can't blame them really. sf is easy money even when bad and everything else has just been bad. launch one decent game and then think about over saturating the market

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

for some reason i wasn't a fan of potemkin's new theme when i first heard it. "Society" but now i think its the strongest track they've released for strive so far and i listen to it every day when im working. also stop worrying what people think of your pervert characters its 2020.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Will the new kof also bomb in yemen ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RichterIX posted:

Slim chance probably, but has anyone tried a Brooks PS3 to PS4 adapter on the PS5?

No but in theory it should work for any game as a non ds4, ps4 peripheral.
Unless its cloning a ds4 in which case it will only work on ps4 games on ps5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i have a dream (its about safe jumps)
by David Sirlin

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It will be a staggered non crossplay release on ps4 and pc over a year later.
The netcode will be single match per lobby, delay based and it wont work right for a few weeks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chinese nationalist trolls said a mean thing? :ohdear: better tweet about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hace posted:

how come nobody plays marvel infinite, it has a decent netcode and someone once told me its secretly a great game

It screamed "power stone!" Too much and they all played power stone instead cause it good advice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

esports needs to scam money though!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

super baby 2 is a good character for this boring no fun roster. build on your strength i always say

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No attacking until sneeze. Then overwhelmjng power

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

Pilaf Shu and Mai in their combined mech what the gently caress it’s so simple, guys.

If they get the dragon balls give them a ohko panties super

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It would have owned if instead of multiple gokus there was just 1 and you could choose to bank bars of meter to ascend to the next form.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The dog newcomer is all i care about rn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

GARFIELD vs FRIENDS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How does gootecks have a checkmark lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whos the next face of hype?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Epic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe hes thinking that fg supers are called feats and he misspelled it...probably nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hey so arcsys is rebooting blazblue as a gatcha rpg?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbyeiTM7GQ